+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rogues will Trion do something about it or not?

Default Rogues will Trion do something about it or not?

I noticed that on the other classes discussion forums nobody is complaining. Just here on rogue's discussion 6 out of 10 threads are about how rogue are outdone by other classes. When will Trion notice that? Lets wait for todays patch.

I think they're probably focusing on mages atm.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyelf View Post
    I noticed that on the other classes discussion forums nobody is complaining. Just here on rogue's discussion 6 out of 10 threads are about how rogue are outdone by other classes.
    That's just because most of the kiddies are drawn to the rogue class.

Rift Chaser

Latest patch was all about security, that was #1 issue by far, balance or not if people are hacked they wont play. Now that hopefully that is out of the way and security is in a decent shape (fingers crossed) I would expect a balance patches to roll in. But based on 1.01 update letter mages might be first ones to get a revamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Vember View Post
    play a marksman and actually look at the dps, watch as clerics outdps you even while in the attack to heal spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayeth View Post
    Defiants evil soul suckers
    Elegance - 60 rogue
    Faeblight

Every forum has complaint threads. All of them. Playing a rogue (lvl 32) and a mage (lvl 26), I'd say the mage needs more love first.
    Last edited by Automark; 03-17-2011 at 08:35 AM.
    Automark
    HD Guild Scribe
    Heroic Dead Forums

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Automark View Post
    Every forum has complaint threads. All of them. Playing a rogue (lvl 32) and a mage (lvl 26), I'd say the mage needs more love first.
    I don't even play a mage, and I have to agree with that.

Orphan <Prophecy>

I instance DPSed as Assassin for some time, but I heard that AP and CC were ranged friendly so I decided to try out a bow spec. I went http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0R.hVM0x0b.V0x -ish (may not be exact) and I didn't really feel like weak DPS in LH. I think the highest Dead-eye crit I saw was 1980 ish. ave other people had different experiences or is that still really weak? Maybe I just didn't see it.
    Finkle: Dwarven Rogue
    Vanguard

Quote Originally Posted by Finkle View Post
    I instance DPSed as Assassin for some time, but I heard that AP and CC were ranged friendly so I decided to try out a bow spec. I went http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0R.hVM0x0b.V0x -ish (may not be exact) and I didn't really feel like weak DPS in LH. I think the highest Dead-eye crit I saw was 1980 ish. ave other people had different experiences or is that still really weak? Maybe I just didn't see it.
    I've tried a full mm in dungeons, and our cleric regularly out dpses me overall outside of hit and run, also
    I am better geared (nearly full purple) mostly t1 gear, some t2.
    Elegance - 60 rogue
    Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by BladeDancer View Post
    I've tried a full mm in dungeons, and our cleric regularly out dpses me overall outside of hit and run, also
    I am better geared (nearly full purple) mostly t1 gear, some t2.
    What did you add to the MM to supplement it. If you notice my points in Sin and NB all increase the damage of my MM abilities.('cept the final blow but hey, gotta put the points somewhere) FULL Marksman would do less damage than my spec. Half of the marskman tree is PvP mobility and utility stuff. You don't need that stuff to DPS a PvE instance. Putting points to full MM is actually hindering your damage.
    Finkle: Dwarven Rogue
    Vanguard

Maybe if the Rogue Dev actually stops by this forums like he did other forums before we might otherwise who knows. Got a 50/50 chance I imagine.

-Soon A developer term that is never as "soon" as you want it to be.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Finkle View Post
    What did you add to the MM to supplement it. If you notice my points in Sin and NB all increase the damage of my MM abilities.('cept the final blow but hey, gotta put the points somewhere) FULL Marksman would do less damage than my spec. Half of the marskman tree is PvP mobility and utility stuff. You don't need that stuff to DPS a PvE instance. Putting points to full MM is actually hindering your damage.
    All i'll say is those pvp skills are worthless to a marksman imo, i had points in ranger and sin to max my crit chance, its served me well enough up to t2s, but the dps is just lower then say sab.
    Elegance - 60 rogue
    Faeblight

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Vember View Post
    Winner! Do you know Charlie Sheen?

I have to agree rogues tend to draw a large portion of, oh let's say more vocal people. More by default as they tend to be the more over played class.

Right now the problem isn't so much our damage but its more the warriors damage and their ability to deal as fast if not faster then us. I've parsed them out, my bros war has not lost to me in dps unless he was dead. Mages on the other hand are tricky. Sin have slip away high in the tree, meaning nothing until 31, then rangers get escape artist which also requires at least 16-18 points I believe. But none of them break polymorph effects, not even the mages damage spells.

Game has been playable for what, 20 days now? Give them a chance. They are having enough trouble trying not to lose people people to account hacking. Balance will come. If it gets to 3 months out and nothing has been done to warrior or rogues then you can whine.

Rift Disciple

I don't think kids are drawn to a specific class. I think they are drawn to "Best" classes. My son always scoured the forums to find out what was OP and roll that class. if it changed he would roll another. People think stealth is OP, and it is a powerful tool, therefore you get a lot of the younger crowd giving it a go over.

@finkle - I know the sniper pedestal is a bit tricky to use at times, but can you honestly say that a 30% boost to ALL damage is worthless? The spikes are going to be less but in a longer boss fight, Id wager this is very significant. I am sure some number nerd will crunch some numbers soon and we will know for certain, but it is a long shot from worthless. However, the PVP/kiting crap is junk. Very poor design IMO. When and where do we ever have the ability to kite people/mobs without a ton of secondary agro? Decent idea but has poor application to real game dynamics.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Sparo View Post
    I don't think kids are drawn to a specific class. I think they are drawn to "Best" classes. My son always scoured the forums to find out what was OP and roll that class. if it changed he would roll another. People think stealth is OP, and it is a powerful tool, therefore you get a lot of the younger crowd giving it a go over.

@finkle - I know the sniper pedestal is a bit tricky to use at times, but can you honestly say that a 30% boost to ALL damage is worthless? The spikes are going to be less but in a longer boss fight, Id wager this is very significant. I am sure some number nerd will crunch some numbers soon and we will know for certain, but it is a long shot from worthless. However, the PVP/kiting crap is junk. Very poor design IMO. When and where do we ever have the ability to kite people/mobs without a ton of secondary agro? Decent idea but has poor application to real game dynamics.
    Problem is that MM offers the only escape maneuvers at lower levels. It takes at least 21 points in MM to be able to get some relief from stuns and roots. the only other class that offers it earlier is Ranger i believe and i takes 20 points to get to it. I guess the trade off is stealth though. Should be more then enough tools to help get the jump. Although it seems more 1v1 then anything which trion stated they are focused on team.
    Last edited by SvnStrSlm; 03-17-2011 at 10:20 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast