+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rift Bomber (Sabo/Riftstalker/Blademaster)

Rift Master

Default Rift Bomber (Sabo/Riftstalker/Blademaster)

Once again after tinkering with a few builds, I came up with the Rift Bomber, a build with PvP focus in mind.

Unlike most builds that have a heavy focus on pure dps, this build focuses on the utility and survivability of the Riftstalker and exploiting the critical/damage bonus granted when planeshifting to increase your detonate damage, it also built to be more CC resilient than your standard pure dps build with the blademaster soul added for dodge to increase your survivability against warriors.

So heres the build, lemme know what you think.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...0k.VVMbEzxkkRz

Interesting build, try out the pvp and post a video for some of us to see
    Defiant:Not just a faction... but a Lifestyle

Quote Originally Posted by Korntastic View Post
    does this mean my que is going to restart? im in 137 position. if it does im going to slam my fist through the screen

Quote Originally Posted by Basilius View Post
    Once again after tinkering with a few builds, I came up with the Rift Bomber, a build with PvP focus in mind.

Unlike most builds that have a heavy focus on pure dps, this build focuses on the utility and survivability of the Riftstalker and exploiting the critical/damage bonus granted when planeshifting to increase your detonate damage, it also built to be more CC resilient than your standard pure dps build with the blademaster soul added for dodge to increase your survivability against warriors.

So heres the build, lemme know what you think.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...0k.VVMbEzxkkRz
    Lots of get out of jail free cards in here. I like it. I'll have to give it a shot. Your dmg my is a bit low but I think your right the survivability should make up for it. I'll have to try it out.

The trouble with Rift Scavenger as a sabo is how often are you gonna kill something while still having combo points on it? All of your damage comes when you detonate. I love they synergy of Riftstalker with other souls, but sabo just can't take advantage of some things.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahax View Post
    The trouble with Rift Scavenger as a sabo is how often are you gonna kill something while still having combo points on it? All of your damage comes when you detonate. I love they synergy of Riftstalker with other souls, but sabo just can't take advantage of some things.
    My rogue is currently only in the 20-29 bracket but is having little to no trouble taking down most targets and surviving assaults from those pesky riftbladers, i'll vid how it goes when I get to level 50 but so far the build is turning out as well as I hoped (it does help that people still forget just how dangerous a sab is when left alone xD)

The reason for taking Rift Scavenger is there will be times and quite often when you are in team v team or mass v mass where you will still have combo points when a target dies, admittedly this build is not optimised for soloists but optimised to inflict as much annoyance and havoc as possible for your team to capitlize on (hense why gas grenade has been taken instead of potentially investing points to increase BD) if you want to take it more solo, id recommend dropping points out of scavenger and taking nightblade for more optimised damage on your detonations, however the build more than holds its own solo and I've had no trouble in 1 on 1's vs Warriors and even clerics (stun charges make for excellent interupts and help keep breathing space)

I currently use my charges dependent on the situation:

Vs Warrior: x3 spike charge x2 stun charge > detonate > snare/gas/timebomb > x5 explosive charge > anhiliation bomb > if still alive follow with more explosive charges with quick detonates.

Vs Cleric: x2 spike charge x3 stun charge > detonate > timebomb > x3 explosive charge x2 stun charge > detonate > x5 explosive charge > Anhiliation bomb....this would stretch you to the very limit of your DR stuns, but the more you can hamper there ability to heal, the easier it will be for you to kill them.

Vs Mage: x3 spike charge x2 stun charge > detonate > timebomb > x5 explosive charge > anhilation bomb.....mages are so squishy vs sabs its unreal, mages truly need some love in PvP as at current they are nothing but cannon fodder for Warriors and Sabs/Melee rogues.

The reason I start with spike and stun charges, is it:

1: allows me to keep a gap between myself and the opponent
    2: while they are stunned, spike will make them bleed out pretty quickly
    3: it helps with my next lot of charges, especially against healers as they will be struggling to stay alive when the next lot of charges go up.
    4: I use annhilation bomb to finish as it gives me one last stun, just in case they survive which is long enough for me to quickly stack 2 more charges and detonate before they can heal themselves.

Anyway I'll let you know how things go when this char reaches 50 xD

+ Reply to Thread