+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BD/Sin/NB PvP build

Soulwalker

Post BD/Sin/NB PvP build

Hai!

So I've made a PvP build for level 50 and would like some thoughts on it.

Here's the build:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...fzoboddR.V0t0M

Any ideas of how to change it or...is it perfect? :P

Soulwalker

bump!
    /10char

Telaran

If you want to survive any counter attack, you might wanna ditch either of your side souls.

Pick infiltrator and spend 12 points in the defensive branch:
    25% less damage from AoE
    50% damage reduction for 4 seconds when stunned or rooted
    2 seconds stun duration reduction

Dont quite what you are trying to accomplish with your build.
    You don't take the skills that make you a duelist (which would be more points in BD, taking atleast reprisal AND disengage).
    You leave out a TON of damage modifiers (+10% after dodging, +10% after crit, not skilling combat culmination, +4% physical damage, +15% damage when attacking from behind, ...)
    Also i see you spent enough points to get impale, will this be your main finisher? You also specced serrated blades. If you intend on using Blinding Power during fights, i suggest you DONT use impale and UNSPEC serrated blades.

Basicly, i think you are spreading too thin and leaving out the infiltrator soul.

Either go for a duelist setup (more speccing in BD) or go with stealth combat (Assassin). Those two combine with eachother well, but also with nightblade (do respec if you do).

IMO, you only have 54 points to spend between souls for skills and only 2 souls to put them into.

but that might just be me.
    Bloodthorne
    eXile
    www.eXile-corp.com
    "The cycle of Life and Death continues... We will live... They will die!"

Soulwalker

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...0iRbtobodd.VVb

Would you say that this is a bit better?
    Last edited by Zyhlian; 03-17-2011 at 08:54 AM.

Soulwalker

I've messed around with an assassin/blade dancer/infiltrator pvp spec, and I like:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...bR.xbdAzoRRhdz

Sure, you don't have some of the defensive stuff in infiltrator, but side steps is awesome vs. other melee.

You'd open with Jagged strike, then puncture, and finish with impale. Be sure to get a snare in there from maim. It lasts longer than the assassin version. (10 seconds vs. assassin's 8 seconds) If they still get out of range, you can use flash of steel to get to them (2 sec. root) and drop another maim.

If it's another melee, pop side steps (50% dodge for 21 seconds talented) and watch the damage flow out with all the bonuses to damage from dodging or parrying an attack. Combo point generation can get really fast (contra tempo adds an extra cp every time you dodge or parry), and drop the 5 pt. combos into deadly strike, which gives the next 2 combo point generating abilites a 30% bonus to damage (which coupled with turn the tide, 10% damage after a dodge, vivacity 10% damage to all BD attacks and blade and fury, 10% more damage to your next precision or quick attack)

Make a macro for keen strike, quick strike, precision strike, disengage and reprisal, so you can pretty much use one button for your primary attack and get the secondary follow-up attacks (precision and quick) to queue right after automatically, and have your reactionary (disengage and reprisal) to go off without having to watch for them (they're off the global cd).

It has a lot of drawbacks, but it's fun and it's good in pve too. It is by far, not the best melee pvp spec out there, but it's still decent. You really need infiltrator for the break free, as you'll get stunned or incapacitated right off. If it's a melee stun, pop break free, then side steps. If it's something else, dancing steel makes you immune to all CC effects for 6 seconds.

+ Reply to Thread