+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: Where is the balance?!!

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6

    Default Where is the balance?!!

    im 50lvl ranger/marksman/nightblade full of epic armor weapon, im 1v1 with riftblade he is just hitting me 300-350 at range and im hitting only 150-200 and he got 2k more health and more armor also,always saying block my hits

    so where is the balance?2x ranger or marksman dps=1xWarrior dps at range :S

    im not saying sabateur im saying other classes of rogue is too underpowered
    Last edited by TrNeoblade; 03-17-2011 at 07:25 AM.

  2. #2
    Prophet of Telara Pipra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrNeoblade View Post
    im not saying sabateur im saying other classes of rogue is too underpowered
    Rogue isn't underpowered. I think the balance is about right vs. Mage or Cleric. It's just the Warriors that seem a bit too strong in PvP.

  3. #3
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6

    Default

    only sabateur is playable for rogue souls..
    every patch rogues got nerf and now its too underpowered
    so every rogue player is playing only sabateur!

  4. #4
    Rift Master Spitefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Meridian
    Posts
    638

    Default

    Yeah ... I agree TRION should make somthing before players leave this really imbalanced game .
    Last edited by Spitefull; 03-17-2011 at 07:33 AM.

  5. #5
    Shadowlander Priscila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Each class has its weak point.

    Archers are good against mages and clerics.

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pipra View Post
    Rogue isn't underpowered. I think the balance is about right vs. Mage or Cleric. It's just the Warriors that seem a bit too strong in PvP.
    Warriors are too strong period. I'm well geared at level 50 and in dungeons/raids doing between 600-800 dps single target. I think that is about right compared to the ranged dps which usually floats around 400-600, but warriors are doing 1000-1300. Right now i'm 18sin/36bd/12nb. I'm sure i could fiddle around with different specs/classes and squeek out another 50-100 dps but still couldn't come close to warriors.

  7. #7
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6

    Default

    are you heard any patch note about this?

  8. #8
    Rift Master Selo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    660

    Default

    Yea warriors are to strong, but tbh, countering the dps souls from the tank souls for rogues, the MM does to little damage aswell.

    1v1 you cant take out a mage as a MM, you get squirreled, stacked up and fulminated + cinderblasted to death

    MM also gets outdpsed by Riftblades as said.
    And Clerics has more cc built into their ranged attacks, even if they do less damage over time single target. their aoe does way more damage though but they run out of power fast.

    Either MM needs more cc in their soultree, or the damage (i prefer burst, strafe + deadeye) gotta be brought up again.

    When i fight in pvp its like, "ohdamn a warrior" "agh a cleric" "ohno a sab" but when i meet a MM its like meh, ill just cast this ranged snare, or whatever ranged cc i have, the damage is no biggy, and they have no way of stopping me getting close.

    The only time i die to a MM kiter is from their barbed shot dot and i chase after, not from their actual skill damage. If i have a healer helping me, theres no way for a MM to kill me.
    Last edited by Selo; 03-17-2011 at 08:05 AM.
    http://sigcdn.siglaunch.com/sigs/rift/sig.php?sig_id=127292

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple Seriisbad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    180

    Default

    I don't see where everyone is having problems at...

    im not going to give up my secrets but I have yet to get squashed by anything 1v1. Its almost always a really close fight
    DerpStrike: Seriisbad (Rogue) Seriismad (Mage)
    Dark Age of Camelot: Retired after 10 years
    RR10 Bard / RR9 Warden / RR9 NS / RR10 Enchanter / RR11 Theurg
    Final Fantasy 11 Online - Retired after 7 years
    www.bringvictory.com

  10. #10
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    480

    Default

    The question is are we too slow or are the warriors too fast. People like numbers over speed. there will be less QQ is wars still hit as hard but get some CD time in there to actually give classes a chance. If these parser numbers are correct then its not an issue of PVP balance, PVE isnt even balanced. Rogues typically should be a close second to mages in DPS. And they can't expect us t believe our CC and utilities make up for it because Mages can do it better atm.

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SvnStrSlm View Post
    The question is are we too slow or are the warriors too fast. People like numbers over speed. there will be less QQ is wars still hit as hard but get some CD time in there to actually give classes a chance. If these parser numbers are correct then its not an issue of PVP balance, PVE isnt even balanced. Rogues typically should be a close second to mages in DPS. And they can't expect us t believe our CC and utilities make up for it because Mages can do it better atm.
    Mages need a little help, agreed. They are in last place for single target dps, but that is somewhat balanced because of their cc/utility/and aoe. I just know that the melee spec rogue classes shouldn't be doing 30 percent less damage than a class that gets to wear plate and has more hit points.

  12. #12
    Plane Touched Ilterendi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spitefull View Post
    Yeah ... I agree TRION should make somthing before players leave this really imbalanced game .
    Lol!
    So I'm one of those players that are casually playing pvp and having fun. Yeah I can get beat by warriors pretty quick but I love it. It has forced me to learn how to play my class rather than whine about it. I have to pick my battles and make sure I keep my options open or I lose, this is the blood and soul of a rogue. Bad players will quit, I hope they will sooner rather than later. Good players will realize this is not Warcraft and they have to learn how to play rather than just playing the fotm and/or whining when they get beat. Rock beats scissors beats paper beats rock. Learn to pick your battles or give away free kills. Your choice.
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens." - J. R. R. Tolkien

  13. #13
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilterendi View Post
    Lol!
    So I'm one of those players that are casually playing pvp and having fun. Yeah I can get beat by warriors pretty quick but I love it. It has forced me to learn how to play my class rather than whine about it. I have to pick my battles and make sure I keep my options open or I lose, this is the blood and soul of a rogue. Bad players will quit, I hope they will sooner rather than later. Good players will realize this is not Warcraft and they have to learn how to play rather than just playing the fotm and/or whining when they get beat. Rock beats scissors beats paper beats rock. Learn to pick your battles or give away free kills. Your choice.
    Yes but the problem is its not just rogues dieing to warriors... EVERYONE is. Warriors are the lazer sword of the rock,paper, scissors match up.

    Add in the fact that even in PVE warriors are doing more DPS than most rogue builds and you have a problem.

  14. #14
    Prophet of Telara Pipra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seriisbad View Post
    I don't see where everyone is having problems at...

    im not going to give up my secrets but I have yet to get squashed by anything 1v1. Its almost always a really close fight
    I have no problem with Warriors 1v1. I see them and I go into stealth. Problem solved. My issue is with open world battles and Warfronts where you cannot avoid them.

  15. #15
    Plane Touched Ilterendi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pipra View Post
    I have no problem with Warriors 1v1. I see them and I go into stealth. Problem solved. My issue is with open world battles and Warfronts where you cannot avoid them.
    I love pulling them through mobs and watching them get plastered. Watching a warrior try to gank me and me using the shifts from riftstalker pull him through various NPCs to watch him get railed by my classy evasion/mob pull. I've gotten away numerous times due to this and due to warriors overzealousness and overconfidence in themselves. Nothing beats a warrior like an unplanned elite pull. Lol
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens." - J. R. R. Tolkien

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts