+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue solo PvE/mass mobbing

Soulwalker

Default Rogue solo PvE/mass mobbing

So I have this build concept, but I wanted to check here at the forums to make sure it actually works.
    It's a build that should be able to pull a really numerous amount of mobs, like 10-15, and kill them all without focusing too much on actually taking them down one by one.

http://riftbuilder.lotd.org/rogue.ph...00000000003005

My thought is :

Spec heavily into all passive Dex+, Dodge+, and Crit+ talents.
    The build is entirely focused on the blade dancer talent "Strike Back". 100% chance to attack an enemy with both weapons after you dodge an attack.

So my question is, is it EXACTLY like auto-attacking the enemy when this skill procs? So anything that would normally proc on an autoattack can proc when this skill procs?

If so, assassin is the perfect compliment.

First of all, from blade dancer : Contra tempo means 2 combo points pretty much every GCD if you're fighting a mass of mobs. Also, of course, Dancing Steel is a huge asset for a build like this and will be a massive source of AoE damage.

From assassin : Serrated Blades. Speccing heavily into all crit bonuses means that (I hope), Strike Back will be proccing alot of crits on dodges, which means 300% weapon damage bleed (stackable) on many of these strike backs. Also, Lethal Poison and Virulent/Leeching poison are specced to proc alot, and hopefully if the mechanic works the way I expect, will be proccing on many of your strike backs. This further increases your crit chance on any enemies effected by 5%. Poison Malice can be used for a 100% increase in poison damage, and for all enemies to take damage when attacking the rogue in melee.

Ranger is the 3rd soul for 2 reasons. One, early pet for easier soloing. Two, 8 points deep is great synergy with this build. +5% crit and 6% damage reduction.

Would someone mind telling me if this build works the way I expect it does? And also if Rogues can really be equipped to dodge often enough to make this build viable?

Soulwalker

Also, just realized that skill builder is outdated. I need to leave for the day, but 2 points need to be moved around to be in "Turn the Tide" for Bladedancer.

Also couldn't find the edit button. Anyways.

Telaran

nope you will die horribly before you even get the mobs positioned.

Soulwalker

Default Ranged pve aoe build

Hey man. Sorry i can't answer much of your questions about aoeing with your melee rogue, but i'm not quite sure you would last very long. You would need to be dodging a LOT of attacks to keep your health up, not sure a lower ranked boar will hold aggro as hard, it doesnt have the aoe taunt that the upper one has (correct me if im wrong here). Below is my current build. It's ranged, but I can currently solo at least 5 mobs of my current level, sometimes more.

How it works:
    Make sure you have Motif of Regeneration and Rejuvination on your pet at all times, before pull pop the other two motifs.
    up as many as you can, either sending pet in or pulling yourself with quick shot.
    finish one with a head shot for the buff.
    cast divert rage and go close to your pet.
    cast rain of arrows on all targets, all aggro is now on your pet.
    use trick shot and finish with coda of fury or head shot if buff runs out OR another rain of arrows, whichever you want.

like i said, i can easily take 5 mobs my own level. I often try to push it to 6 or 7, it usually works. cheers

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...fzekszz.y0zV0o

sorry quick edit before i forget, the reason i go into assassin is for the crit+ the poisons, the poisons and proc on rain of arrows, and every move can crit. awesome!
    Last edited by Levinsong; 03-17-2011 at 11:10 AM.

Soulwalker

I see. So then Rogues have no ability to tank mobs through Dodge only then. Really the only Rogue "tanking" available is Riftstalker, which works exactly like warrior tanking.

A bit depressing. I wish endgame builds that had no riftstalker could have specific equipment and get much higher dodge %'s, like 40-50+.

I got this idea from a Ranger build I used to run to farm in GW. Whirling Defense = x% damage is reflected back at all attackers in an AoE radius. Mass mobs, AoE slow, lay traps, pop the defense, watch them kill eachother.

Anyways, I wish it did work. Tanky/AoE rogue sounds fun, but if Riftstalker/Bladedancer is the only way to get any AoE it's just to cookie cutter for me. It'll end up feeling like a tanky warrior.

I do agree that Ranger seems like the easiest class to solo, especially with lots of mobs. Marksman/Bard would be good secondaries I would guess.

Thanks anyways.

+ Reply to Thread