+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Loving my bard, doing well as riftstalker, need help with a dps solo/duo build

Soulwalker

Default Loving my bard, doing well as riftstalker, need help with a dps solo/duo build

So as the title says I'm absolutely loving the bard soul. I was looking for something like the bard under the cleric calling for awhile and finally took the plunge into the rogue class and haven't looked back. And the riftstalker is a fun tanking soul. I'm still a bit shaky on it and lose a mob or two due to some slowness on tab targeting but I'm getting better and have gotten a few compliments.

But I am completely lost on how to build a dps rogue for soloing/duoing. Honestly what seems the best is just a ranger/marks/bard build for some healing from bard and the pet from ranger combining with the ranged dps from marks to help buff ranger damage. My fiance is mostly playing a lock/necro/chloro for her soloing/duoing with me so I'm trying to find something that would work pretty well, both with her, and just by myself. So would the ranged combo be a better fit or should I try to work up a melee build? What are the decent melee souls? So far I've found that nightblade has been my favorite melee soul at the moment. I'm guessing BD and assassin compliment it? Or maybe BD and riftstalker for scavenger?

Ah and I'm level 27 on this character if that helps. Thanks ahead of time for any help you all have to offer, I appreciate it.

Shadowlander

For solo quest grinding go BD/Rift/Sin and never look back. I tried several builds during my voyage to 50 and this was by far, the most efficient.

At your level something like this works best.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MMVp..xbdVh0MRM.Vhbh

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ministry View Post
    For solo quest grinding go BD/Rift/Sin and never look back. I tried several builds during my voyage to 50 and this was by far, the most efficient.

At your level something like this works best.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MMVp..xbdVh0MRM.Vhbh
    Since I haven't touched this build, and am only trying it now, mind giving us some sample openers/rotations with this build please? Thanks!

By taking 8 points in NB and just talents for dps and plane shifting abilities from RS you can still go base Bard and up your dps dramatically while keeping all the healing and some protection from RS.

In one build you can still do support in open world pub raids while having more than enough dps for solo play. You would use very little melee other than some utility RS. In fact this is just about the most common Bard build (varies with point investment for application) because upping core damage on Bard powers increases your healing as well.
    Last edited by Tamanous; 03-17-2011 at 10:43 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by PeteWalker74 View Post
    Since I haven't touched this build, and am only trying it now, mind giving us some sample openers/rotations with this build please? Thanks!
    Check out this post, it's where I got the idea and it explains it all in detail.

http://www.riftjunkies.com/forums/sh...ncer-Does-Best

Soulwalker

Here's what im going for pvp. Good dps/slows, and strike back is pretty awesome for the 7 points in bladedancer, as well as the dex buff.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M___#Tree

Soulwalker

Thanks, Ministry. I read the post, did the spec, and am going to test it out right now. Thanks again!

Soulwalker

I am personally liking the bard/ranger/rift build. I haven't put any into rift, just use it for the teleport. But the practice with the bard helps in higher levels to get the hang of twisting motif's, and the ranger part for the dps to take down mobs. I'm only 38 right now, but it has been good to me so far. The pet needs an update though, because my head shots are hitting for 600 plus per, and I pull agro from the boar pretty quickly now. Hopefully the boar will get an update soon from my trainer for a higher level so he can keep a little agro.

i'm lvl 46 atm, i went max bard, i think and about 17 points in Rifstalker, and 8 or so in ranger.

i want to remove the ranger and pick something else.

but yeah bard/rs combo is great, i solo 4 lvl 48 mobs and end the fight with full health, if i remove the ranger spec for something that offers more dps it will be even better.
    Server: Laethys, Guild: Nefarious, Char: Ebonella

my web design: http://www.advancedws.com.au
    I7920, x58 ud3r, 2x5870 crossfire, 3x27"@6080x1080 eyefinity, 6gig, 64&128G SSD, g15, g5, win7x64, hvr2200.

+ Reply to Thread