+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: I can't beat a cleric, HELP!!!

  1. #1
    Telaran Caysym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    57

    Default I can't beat a cleric, HELP!!!

    I am a lvl 39 assassin/bladedancer/riftstalker. I cannot beat a cleric, even it he is a few levels down from me. What am I doing wrong? How do you beat a flipping cleric? I can beat other without too much of a problem, except warriors but that is another story. I can beat them sometimes.

    What is the trick?

  2. #2
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    66

    Default

    There is no trick. Rogues can't kill clerics unless they have downs syndrom.

  3. #3
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    46

    Default

    timed interrupts, mind you I might actually get the kill 3 out of 10 tries its VERY difficult.

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple Seriisbad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xandinho View Post
    There is no trick. Rogues can't kill clerics unless they have downs syndrom.
    This made me laugh

    And rogues can beat clerics. just 2nd role a sab if you want to have 0 skill that is
    DerpStrike: Seriisbad (Rogue) Seriismad (Mage)
    Dark Age of Camelot: Retired after 10 years
    RR10 Bard / RR9 Warden / RR9 NS / RR10 Enchanter / RR11 Theurg
    Final Fantasy 11 Online - Retired after 7 years
    www.bringvictory.com

  5. #5
    Plane Walker Drekor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caysym View Post
    I am a lvl 39 assassin/bladedancer/riftstalker. I cannot beat a cleric, even it he is a few levels down from me. What am I doing wrong? How do you beat a flipping cleric? I can beat other without too much of a problem, except warriors but that is another story. I can beat them sometimes.

    What is the trick?
    What you are doing is wrong is have a spec that has no counters to a cleric.

  6. #6
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drekor View Post
    What you are doing is wrong is have a spec that has no counters to a cleric.
    BD has Weapon Barrage. Of course, it's only useful if the cleric uses something with a cast time. Smart healers will always have their hots up and will only use instant cast spells when being attacked.

  7. #7
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    9

    Default

    What you need: Massive bursts, 51sin. 51sab, things like that. Even then clearing a cleric is harder than getting a glass of water in japan.

    Tip: Sustained damage will never bag you a cleric kill.

  8. #8
    Soulwalker Lucifur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caysym View Post
    I am a lvl 39 assassin/bladedancer/riftstalker. I cannot beat a cleric, even it he is a few levels down from me. What am I doing wrong? How do you beat a flipping cleric? I can beat other without too much of a problem, except warriors but that is another story. I can beat them sometimes.

    What is the trick?

    You really made me laugh when I read this post because I've been thinking of making a post about how I feel rogues hit for to much. I'm not saying I've never beat a rogue because I have, but I have came across a lot of rogues that 1 shot me. I'm currently level 47 and in dps spec/gear I'm at around 3.7k HP I believe. I don't know much about rogues at this time, but I will in the future as I plan to roll one for PvP; however, a lot of times a rogue will attack me and hit me for only a few seconds. I cap off real quick with healing breath and next thing I know they are using a finisher on me that more or less 1 shots me. It's over for me then, so wtf is that about? Answer me that. A 1 hit kill is ****ing stupid and takes no skill. Whatever it is, I'm sure it will be patched in the future, hopefully.

  9. #9
    Soulwalker Lucifur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seriisbad View Post
    This made me laugh

    And rogues can beat clerics. just 2nd role a sab if you want to have 0 skill that is
    I 100% agree. My friend plays sab role and is hitting for around 4k in the level 30's. For some reason though, he thinks he's awesome at the game, not the soul itself. I really hope the finisher in sab gets patched. It hits way to hard. Heck, my friend has been known to take out characters 10 levels higher than him. Not that they sucked, he 1 shotted them. WTF can only do against that?

  10. #10
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucifur View Post
    You really made me laugh when I read this post because I've been thinking of making a post about how I feel rogues hit for to much. I'm not saying I've never beat a rogue because I have, but I have came across a lot of rogues that 1 shot me. I'm currently level 47 and in dps spec/gear I'm at around 3.7k HP I believe. I don't know much about rogues at this time, but I will in the future as I plan to roll one for PvP; however, a lot of times a rogue will attack me and hit me for only a few seconds. I cap off real quick with healing breath and next thing I know they are using a finisher on me that more or less 1 shots me. It's over for me then, so wtf is that about? Answer me that. A 1 hit kill is ****ing stupid and takes no skill. Whatever it is, I'm sure it will be patched in the future, hopefully.
    l2p
    10char

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple Seriisbad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    180

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucifur View Post
    I 100% agree. My friend plays sab role and is hitting for around 4k in the level 30's. For some reason though, he thinks he's awesome at the game, not the soul itself. I really hope the finisher in sab gets patched. It hits way to hard. Heck, my friend has been known to take out characters 10 levels higher than him. Not that they sucked, he 1 shotted them. WTF can only do against that?

    When in the Battlegrounds, I run Sab just for moments. In World PvP I don't do sab, takes all the run out of it when I can 1 shot someone.

    stun bomb x5, 5 blast charges (if they are a melee class, I lay traps and land mines) then BOOOM dead. no fun in that
    DerpStrike: Seriisbad (Rogue) Seriismad (Mage)
    Dark Age of Camelot: Retired after 10 years
    RR10 Bard / RR9 Warden / RR9 NS / RR10 Enchanter / RR11 Theurg
    Final Fantasy 11 Online - Retired after 7 years
    www.bringvictory.com

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts