+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Melee rogue bugs: You must face your target...

Default Melee rogue bugs: You must face your target...

Currently playing an assassin and I've reported this problem since the head start. Some guy jumps around you open up with a stun or sap and now you can't attack them until the stun wears off. I'll either get "You must face your target", "Target is out of line of sight", or "Target is out of range". It's probably the most annoying bug as a melee rogue as we are dependent on our openers.
    RIFT - Fyrieus <Liam Neeson> 50 Rogue (40 Sin / 21 BD / 5 Inf) - Lotham
    WoW - Fyrieus <Cadia> 80 Shaman // Fyrieusz <Reawakening> 85 Paladin - Lightninghoof
    Aion - Fyrieus <Cadia> L50 Templar - Lumiel
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fyrieus

Is that a bug? Rift doesn't have autoface.

i've had that happen where either i incapacitate or lost hope someone and can't use an opener on them because of one of the messages mentioned in the OP. OR i open with paralyzing strike and cant do anything else until it wears off (even though i standing in exactly the same spot i was when i stunned them, and they havent moved)

nothing ruins a good gank worse than that..

slip away is also still buggy, sometimes I use it and i dont get stealthed and it still goes on cooldown

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Pipra View Post
    Is that a bug? Rift doesn't have autoface.
    I think what he means if he's facing the target, but somehow the animation of them jumping around (I'm assuming this is what he literally meant) was interrupted by the stunned animation, and the player is not really where you see them when they are stunned, the game considering them to be at a slightly different location. Stuff like this isn't uncommon in games, what with animation canceling/locking.

If that is the case it really should be looked into, but it's hard to tell with how he typed the post..

EDIT: This should probably be posted in a support forum, not the class discussion board.
    Last edited by LimeMuffins; 03-17-2011 at 06:17 AM.

I have had this happen alot if a guy is running up the stairs in scrion & I stun him he is now un attack able until stun gos away then he instantly teleports 5 to 10 meters away ):<

Yes, it's a bug.

From time to time, even though you are in melee range AND facing the target - you keep getting error messages until the target comes out of stun and moves. i.e. - totally wasted stun.

Rift n. r-ift (pl. rifts) A 'rift' is what opens up between you and your wife when the game is live.

PC Black :: CPU Yes :: GPU Two thingies :: SOUND Pretty good :: OVERCLOCK A nice mirror :: WINDOWS 14, all double glazed

+ Reply to Thread