+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nightblade Warfront build, personal thoughts!

Soulwalker

Post Nightblade Warfront build, personal thoughts!

I'm trying to come up with a build for level 50 warfronts, usually somewhat premade. I've been reading alot of informative posts, but rarely do I see a Nightblade specc. So therefore I'm asking you, fellow rogues, what are the must-have talents for a nightblade warfront specc, and am I/what am I missing?

So far, this is what I've come up with:
    38NB/22RS/6RA
    This is not tested!

What I've gathered so far:

Nightblade tree
    • 38 points in NB for Twilight Transcendence
    • Key talents for damage increase, as well as few utility CD's
    • 31 point Dusk to Dawn for better handle warriors (mainly)

Riftstalker
    • Passive survivability from key talents and passive damage increase
    • Shadow Assault for another warp in addition to the two you have (Shadow Shift, Stalker Phase)
    • Imp. Rift Barrier which will help getting out of sticky situations, negating some of the incoming damage when initiating with a warp.
    • Planar Refuge helps immensely against incoming damage, another defensive cooldown
    • Stalker Phase, which will buff your damage by 15% for 10 sec after using Shadow Stalk or Shadow Assault

Ranger
    • Passive 5% critical hit increase
    • Another ranged snare, in addition to Imp. Twilight Force from NB
    • 6 points give you an aura which increases your Attack Power
    • A razorbeast, cannonfodder/distraction afaik - unless it dies from aoe.

Thoughts
    You have alot of utility in the shape of warps, a ranged 10sec disable (Dark Containment), ranged 5 sec silence (Smother), slows/snares and a sap - not to mention defensive CD's to blow (Twilight Transcendence, Twilight Shelter, Planar Refuge, Imp. Rift Barrier).

I did try to have enough points for Shadow Mastery, which would shave 15sec of your Plane Shift abilities which in return would increase the uptime of Imp. Rift Barrier and Stalker Phase buff. But like I mentioned in the beginning, I have not played Nightblade for some time, and the Twilight Transcendence (38point NB ability) seemed like fair trade.

In regards to choosing a Ranger. I feel that an extra stealth and a poison from the Assassin soul won't do you much good without permanent stealth and the limit of 2 weapon enhancements, which NB already provides, besides they both provide you with a T1 5% crit chance increase.
    I also looked at BD for my third soul, but atm don't feel like 5% hit or 5% dodge is gonna make or break it (even if you get sidesteps, which I assume only works against physical abilities). In addition, I do believe you do not need alot of hit rating to be capped against players.

Any feedback, comments and questions will be appreciated!

Champion of Telara

I like the points you put into ranger I wouldnt ever summon the pet though.

Hmm, not sure if I wouldn't just put those Ranger points into Assassin to be honest. The NB tree looks good though, and you've got what's useful out of RS.

Rift Disciple

Regardless of the defensive abilities.. the burst is just not there. It has good steady damage but the burst is lacking to kill someone fast unless you get insane crits.. Tried a similar build and it seems if you don't bard or sab.. you are useless in a wf.

Rift Chaser

Go 51 Nightblade.

Not even kidding, your burst and defencive CDs will allow you to kill anyone you want on demand. Flag and Fang carriers die if I want them to die, and their 2-5 friends nearby are unable to stop me from doing so.

5 points into RS and 10 Into Infiltrator as well.
    Zephris - Rogue
    GM of Paradox
    Guardians on Wolfsbane

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Zephris View Post
    Go 51 Nightblade.

Not even kidding, your burst and defencive CDs will allow you to kill anyone you want on demand. Flag and Fang carriers die if I want them to die, and their 2-5 friends nearby are unable to stop me from doing so.

Personally I prefer 33 NB / 33 RS / 0 Sab. The ability to cyclone a target is highly under rated as is the ability to memory recall to a location. Plus, the root/snare immunity with the 30% speed boost after a plane shift is great for a melee based character.
    Characters: Taldren, Sohwyn, Mythander, Paldren.
    RIFT (Sunrest) - Guardian - Irony || WAR (PT/Gorfang) - Alliance - Irony
    WoW (Azgalor/MT) - Order - Ravens || DAoC (Percival) - Hibernia - Ravens of the Veil

My build, it is a good mix of damage and survivability.Make sure to at least get blackout in the nightblade tree at 44 points, it is awesome in warfronts.

With this build I get into the top damage done and killing blows in the level 50 brackets consistently(while doing objectives).

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M....iItRGogRks.VV

I am considering going 51 NB and dropping some points in RS too, haven't tested it out yet though.
    Last edited by Solemente; 03-17-2011 at 07:17 AM.

Rift Disciple

Go 51 Nightblade.

Even against warriors? How do you get out alive with so little points in RS?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Dahrken View Post
    I like the points you put into ranger I wouldnt ever summon the pet though.
    I'd probably summon it at first before the WF starts, if only to make others believe Im a ranger - but yeah, one time thing.

Quote Originally Posted by TiberiusMonkey View Post
    Hmm, not sure if I wouldn't just put those Ranger points into Assassin to be honest. The NB tree looks good though, and you've got what's useful out of RS.
    Why? Cause of 1/2 Murderous Intent? I'd actually prefer another ranged slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Benonz View Post
    Regardless of the defensive abilities.. the burst is just not there. It has good steady damage but the burst is lacking to kill someone fast unless you get insane crits.. Tried a similar build and it seems if you don't bard or sab.. you are useless in a wf.
    I'm with you on this one, and yeah, I was aware I wasn't building a bursty specc. But what good are you if your dead? I'd much rather put out constant dps and harassment in the form of healing reduction, slows and sticking to a healer/support like glue.

Go 51 Nightblade.

I realize this'll give me the burst damage, but like I stated in my topic, I do mostly premade WF's and Im thinking utility is where it's at.

Quote Originally Posted by Taldren View Post
    Personally I prefer 33 NB / 33 RS / 0 Sab. The ability to cyclone a target is highly under rated as is the ability to memory recall to a location. Plus, the root/snare immunity with the 30% speed boost after a plane shift is great for a melee based character.
    This might be a good alternative. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by ochazuke View Post
    Even against warriors? How do you get out alive with so little points in RS?
    I was thinking the same thing. You lose alot of defense and utilities going 51 point NB. If your dead you won't do any dps or provide any help anyways.

Thanks for the replies people, some good alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Benonz View Post
    Dont listen to him, buncha bs.
    Pop Ebon fury, stack up with dusk strike, use scourge of darkness, continue spaming dusk strike, you can take down ANYONE with this ****. Ofc finisher when you reach 5 points each time..
    Last edited by Darkhan1; 03-17-2011 at 09:03 AM.

Soulwalker

Go 51 Nightblade.

This. Dark Malady for 20% damage, pop Living Flame, pop Twilight Transcendence, pop Dusk to Dawn (great damage and you'll root them in range of your Living Flame) = dead enemy. Jump around for 60 seconds shooting fiery spike, then repeat. If the first burst doen't take them down, you'll have a full stack of combo points. I've run this spec for a while, lot's of fun.

Shadowlander

Default Nightblade pvp Tips

I've found a Nightblade pvp build I love after trying many variations.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...os.VI0chqbRkzo

Here's some pvp tricks I use with this build:

1.Several racials that can be used out of combat can be used while stealthed to move at or faster than 100% movement speed.

2.You have 20 yard range stealth openers. Use them! Don't be afraid to open from range and quickly run up to your target.

3.Using memory capture and flashback (32 point riftstalker abilities) is just as good as the assassin skill slip away. It will get you to safety out of your enemies range. To use it offensively restealth and use shadow shift, (out of combat speed increase racial if applicable), and one of your 20 yard range stealth openers or 20 yard range incapacitate to get back before he can get away.

4.Ebon Fury followed by Twilight Force spam using Flame thrust as a finisher gives you great damage if you hit a point in the fight where where you just can't get into melee range. Remember to switch to dusk strike spam if you get into melee range.

5.Don't be hesitant to wait for the perfect time to use Twilight Shelter, Side Steps, or Planar Refuge. I've only had a few times ever where all three were on cooldown.

6.Since you have a 50% heal debuff (doesn't work on champions heal grrrr) you can almost always beat a healer 1v1 by blowing your cooldowns
    1. build 5 combo points and use Scourge of Darkness.
    2. use dusk to dawn followed by a blazing strike. You should have just about full energy at this point due to the energy regeneration while dusk to dawn is casting. This is important to increase the damage in the next step.
    3.Cast Ebon Fury and Spam Dusk Strike with Blazing Strike as the finisher for the next 15 seconds. Remember to use Dark Containment to interupt a heal but not Rift Prison as this will waste the Ebon Fury cooldown. Remember to plane shift also every time they get away from you. Use them all up as needed your blowing all your cooldowns here. Remember also that the skill Nightstalker ups the damage of this step significantly and that is one reason to finish with this step.
    4. If they have no help and they're still alive at this point you've seen something I haven't.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Xank View Post
    5.Don't be hesitant to wait for the perfect time to use Twilight Shelter, Side Steps, or Planar Refuge. I've only had a few times ever where all three were on cooldown.
    Meant to say don't wait for the perfect time to use these. Use them all the time.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Subdural View Post
    This. Dark Malady for 20% damage, pop Living Flame, pop Twilight Transcendence, pop Dusk to Dawn (great damage and you'll root them in range of your Living Flame) = dead enemy. Jump around for 60 seconds shooting fiery spike, then repeat. If the first burst doen't take them down, you'll have a full stack of combo points. I've run this spec for a while, lot's of fun.

If you are spending 60 seconds jumping around using fiery spike in between LF you are playing the NB seriously wrong.

Plane Touched

I would much rather have blackout. It's an absolutely amazing defensive tool. This is currently the build I use in warfronts http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...tRGogRks.V0xzh

I absolutely wreck people and I'm able to control people decently in the 40-49 bracket. The reason why I choose marksman is to have a ranged builder for targets out of range but also for the speed increase for 5 stacks. It's extremely useful on targets trying to run away or trying to catch up to you while you have the fang/sourcestone. I plan on keeping MM in my build no matter what it is for that reason alone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast