+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bard/ best leveling spec?

Telaran

Default Bard/ best leveling spec?

so i want to level a rouge.. was wondering which souls build might be the best for leveling? Also im quiet interesting in Bard soul, can anyone show me a good build for Bard?

Ascendant

Soloing? Ranger.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by winterfall View Post
    Soloing? Ranger.
    can you link a build with sub souls? new to the game

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by kenny9438 View Post
    can you link a build with sub souls? new to the game
    Wow, I open the forums and the first three posts are asking the exact same thing. Bard spec and help. There are DOZENS of threads on this subject on the first few pages alone. It doesn't even require a search, just scroll down.

But because I'm here, it depends on if you are going to be full support. If so, 51 pts in bard, 8 in Nightblade, and 7 in either Bladedancer if you need hit or else the 7 in Riftstalker.

Soulwalker

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....VMcfu0kc.V0xM

I'm currently 33 and I'm using this build. So far it's really good!

Went Ranger until 24 points for Greater Razorbeast. The pet is a beast and I feel is absolutely needed. I have paid for 3 roles and while other roles are capable of amazing single target takedowns, none of them held up like this when 2-3 mobs jump you.

After that I went 12 points deep into Nightblade for harder hits. Really fast take downs on single targets with Dark Malady to open followed by Piercing Shot and Shadowfire. And Lost Hope comes in real handy. Hellfire Blades do proc off ranged attacks.

I had Assassin as my third soul until this point. Poison procs off ranged attacks as well. Switched it to Bard as soon as I could get 8 points in for Invigorated Soul. If I get 3+ mobs I can usually have the pet tank 2 while I keep 1-2 tapping me and I keep us topped up with Cadence/Rejuvenate the whole time. Once I get Motif of Regeneration and Coda of Restoration I'll be set.

I figure I'll finish up as: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...VMc****cz.V0xM

So as you can see I didn't really start focusing on Bard until I got the 0/24/12 setup first. I tried many combinations and spent more than a few plat on respecs trying things out and this has been the most effective for me.

I did try a pure Bard build for a bit and while I finished most fights at full life, the fights took forever.

Shield of Telara

I think the answer your going to find is the following for most rogues for solo leveling:

Bard (any number of points for heal)

or

xxx/Riftstalker (13)/xxx

This is because after a certian point the thing that slows up a rogue's leveling is the need to heal or survive multiple mobs. Riftstalker(13) gives a huge heal when you kill a mob. Anything with bard gives access to cadence even at bard(0). Cadence will work as a method of keeping you up.

So, pretty much you could go Ranger/Marksman/Bard (0) and have a heal for emergencies.
    Tsarin - Sunrest (PVP-RP) - Eth DPS Cleric (50) - Static

Soulwalker

what the guy above neglected to say was that bard has NO healing unless you 8 points deep in Bard to the the 100% dmg = 100% healing from cadence - i guess u could go only 6 or 7 and still get some healing - but i reckon if u wanna heal with cadence u need all 8

+ Reply to Thread