+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: OH my precious MM what has happened

Plane Walker

Default OH my precious MM what has happened

First let my start I love my MM. I will continue to play him has my primary PVE DPS. I will never give up on trying to maximize my damage and perfect my rotation for him in PVP and PVE.

That being said I ask myself, "What can I do to match sabs abilitie to shut down healers?"

So my current build is 26NB/32MM/8SIN

My setup Stealth>NB Silence 8sec 1cp>Hit and Run>Emp. Shot x2 4cp> Deadeye> Strafe 5cp> Bullseye> Deadeye.

Everything is instant cast. The only two draw back is if one thing misses I fall outside the 8 second silence indefinatly, and unless I was previously in combat I will not have full heat retention.

My only fall backs are Dark Containment and Quick Reload.

Obviously this is not the only rotation nor is it perfect. If you are like me and still think there is hope to create a viable build with the MM please post your builds and rotations. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

PLEASE ONLY REPLY IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING WORTH POST. SAYING "MM SUCK. GIVE UP. PLAY SAB ROFLLMAOLOLSTFU." IS NOT WORTH POSTING.

Plane Walker

I feel you ... I've been playing my MM and like you am not going to give it up. But, that said, we just don't have the sustainable damage to shut down a healer. The problem is that your rotation is at best case 3-4K of damage and once you're done, you have 0 combo points on the target and you have to started with the swift shots. That's not enough damage to get the kill.

The way to kill a healer is the opposite. They will be cocky against you. What you have to do is save your silence for the critical moment. Blast down their shield, get through a few quick heals and get down to maybe 50%. Then use your silence and try and burst as best you can. The problem is that most of the time, their HoTs will be superior to your DPS, so it's very difficult to get them down to the point where you can silence them and finish them off.

Before live, it was possible to beat a healer because we had the DPS and we could put enough bleeds on them to overcome their HoTs. Can't do that any more. The live nerfs basically made it so that they are rock and we are scissors.

lol wait what is this magical healer shutdown sab has? 8 second silence bomb (that you can move out of, you know the huge pool of **** steaming at your feet?) Or do you mean the whole sap>charge boom? cause no sentient being will die to that.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixfire82 View Post
    lol wait what is this magical healer shutdown sab has? 8 second silence bomb (that you can move out of, you know the huge pool of **** steaming at your feet?) Or do you mean the whole sap>charge boom? cause no sentient being will die to that.
    I just load them up, silence bomb, then anhilate, then load again starting with concusion. Its pretty rough. Even if on the initial load up they are dispelling they are not healing anyone in the mean time.
    Last edited by SvnStrSlm; 03-16-2011 at 06:58 PM.

giggle, i wanna fight the healers you're fighting breh, all the ones i fight have shields and instant heals that take em from 40% to full.

Marksmen has a Major bug

Markmens auto attacks stop working after a few skill 50% of the time it drops off about 200 dps if you use the 30% speed buff it's really bad I drop from 828 to 384-472ish

Its very weird I waited for almost 30min for my guy to fire a auto attack on the dummy at one point this needs to be looked into.
    Last edited by RJTravis; 03-16-2011 at 06:59 PM.

Plane Walker

I think he was talking about NB->Smother ... that's the 26 point skill you get I think.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by kw0lf View Post
    I think he was talking about NB->Smother ... that's the 26 point skill you get I think.
    Only problem is smother is from stealth only so i gotta open with it.

Plane Walker

giggle, i wanna fight the healers you're fighting breh, all the ones i fight have shields and instant heals that take em from 40% to full.
    I only played for about an hour with the sab today so maybe I just ran into some tomatoe cans out there. I plan on messing aroudn a little more. I wanna understand more of the tricks and how the sab works to try an see how i can get some of the tactics in my build.

Shadowlander

Default ;P

"MM SUCK. GIVE UP. PLAY SAB ROFLLMAOLOLSTFU."

I just couldn't resist...

1. Play the class you love and improve your playstyle .

2. Assist and team play dps pressure is what kills healers . Nothing can survive the pressure .

I love my marksman and i will continue to learn to play him and make my pvp experience better .

But still agree that Trion must work to fix classes .

Telaran

Default MM

Smother is 5 seconds silence.
    I feel using Strafe while Hit And Run is active is almost a waste, stick to Empowered Shot - Deadeye Shot. You can always use Strafe later, unless you need stun immunity right away.
    Get at least one slowing shot in.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaze View Post
    "MM SUCK. GIVE UP. PLAY SAB ROFLLMAOLOLSTFU."

I just couldn't resist...
    damn beat me too it

but at 50 if you run pre-mades, your teammates will kick you if you continue to rock MM since you are now a liability to the WF... it's sad but true. at least sabo can bring the pain as well as the cc (which at 50 is king).
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Spitefull View Post
    1. Play the class you love and improve your playstyle.

2. Assist and team play dps pressure is what kills healers . Nothing can survive the pressure.
    This is what they said about Maguses during Warhammer too. You're there to apply pressure. Meanwhile Bright Wizards were roflstomping everything solo.

At some point playing the spec you're playing is a detriment to the team. And if you're a team player you respec to the most optimal spec or you make way for someone who will. Otherwise you're just being selfish and dragging your whole side down.

I play MM for PvE, but in PvP no, they lack in everything you need for PvP.
    Low damage over time, low aoe dps, not that great burst, lack of cc, and lack of debuffs.

we once had great burst with bullseye strafe + deadeye, but there were a tad to much qq from clerics and mages. no it didnt need to be brought down, the problem was that you got killed by it.

pvp is all about burst, before we could do that, now we cant, and the lack of stuns or silence makes us unable to stop any kind of healing.

people are also taking about putting "preassure" on healers. problem with that tactic is that every other of his team members are now free to do what they want, and while that healer your "preassuring" is getting spamhealed by other healers, their dps classes takes you down in no time.
    Last edited by Selo; 03-17-2011 at 06:15 AM.
    http://sigcdn.siglaunch.com/sigs/rift/sig.php?sig_id=127292

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast