+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do Marksmen have to use guns?

Soulwalker

Default Do Marksmen have to use guns?

I apologize if this is a silly question or has been answered in another thread, I did check, but couldn't find it answered. I am currently downloading Rift, and reading about the world and all of the classes getting an idea for my first character. I love the hunter type, or marksmen in particular, but I prefer to use bows and wouldn't really want to be marksman if it was for guns. I understand that ranger uses bows, but I feel that a marksman would have higher burst damage which I like. Hopefully this is enough information for one to properly ascertain my plight and give a helpful answer.

Any further information concerning this class type, that I wish to achieve, would be appreciated, thanks

Rift Disciple

You can use either a gun or a bow. It is up to you.

It's your gear to decide, however keep in mind that upgrades will be difficult if you only want to use bows, it may make playing a lot harder.
    Ruranak - Cleric - Greybriar - Guardian :: Sacred Haven

ASrock p67 Extreme6 - i7-2600K @ 4.80Ghz O.C. - 8GB XMS3 - 2x HD6970 - Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler
    Antec Lanboy Blue - 80GB SSD

Soulwalker

@Asukra -Thanks.

@zwimox - I suppose that is true. I can see him being pure ranged dps and used almost entirely in group PvE or a well rounded ranger with pet, bow, and a melee soul probably.

Is there a lot of group PvE currently? I have read that the rifts usually rouse group efforts, but what about dungeons and the like? And surely there are guilds yes?

Rift Disciple

Guns: instant hit

Bow: short travel time

Quote Originally Posted by Eldris View Post
    Is there a lot of group PvE currently? I have read that the rifts usually rouse group efforts, but what about dungeons and the like? And surely there are guilds yes?
    Yes, Yes and YES! There is a lot to do in the game that may generally require the use of a group. Generally speaking your pet will be a group member for you, it will be your tank and you are needed to heal it and help DPS when possible. Generally I've seen many rogues with a Bard soul along in groups so that they can help support heal and buff the team. It's possible that you may want to have a look at one some of the souls once you get into the game and maybe use a few of the soul builders on various sites to theory craft yourself a bit. I know it helped me decide to become a Riftstalker (Rogue Tank).
    Ruranak - Cleric - Greybriar - Guardian :: Sacred Haven

ASrock p67 Extreme6 - i7-2600K @ 4.80Ghz O.C. - 8GB XMS3 - 2x HD6970 - Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler
    Antec Lanboy Blue - 80GB SSD

I find almost no signifigant difference between using a gun and a bow beyond the graphics.
    Wherever You Went - Here You Are

Goest on Sunrest

I kill red people.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by zwimox View Post
    It's your gear to decide, however keep in mind that upgrades will be difficult if you only want to use bows, it may make playing a lot harder.
    Not really true most guns have a counterpart of bow. I used 1 gun at lvl 20 only because it was a epic drop and equipped it right away rather then trying to trade it for bow with same dmg/stats. You can get by with bows only if you wish, the gun sounds.. like bars spells gets old FAST!

Soulwalker

Thanks for all of the input guys ^^

I prefer bows too...infact I find it quite sad that prestige rank 5 defiant ranged weapon its a damn rifle

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

Telaran

If we submit suggestions maybe we can get it changed. I too favor bows...

Maybe there is, or will be, a crafted one...

Edit: Removed complain and replaced with suggestions.
    Last edited by Crapgame; 03-16-2011 at 08:34 PM.

+ Reply to Thread