+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bard stats - What do we need?

Soulwalker

Default Bard stats - What do we need?

I have taken quite a liking to the bard soul, and I've been trying to figure out what exactly it is that benefits them the most in the way of item stats.

I have seen maces drop that have spell power and intelligence on them, so on and so forth, but I've never needed on them because of the fact that I don't see myself needed intelligence or wisdom on an item.

So I am here to ask... What is it exactly that makes a bard's spells better. From what I understand, they are a support class with heals, and I am wondering what it is that would make my heals better, or if the bard heals are pretty much set as what the ability says they do, unless you get a crit.

Would I need to find a way to get spell power to make them better? Or does the primary rogue stat (Dexterity) make them better? Or am I missing something in the rogue soul tree?

From what I understand, clerics have a thing in one of their trees that makes one stat convert into another stat... Am I missing that or something within the bard tree? Or is it just not there?

Any help would be nice, thank you all so much.

Stack:
    Dex
    Str
    Melee Crit
    Melee Power
    Hit
    All those affect your Cadence/Bardness etc.

For your Force Engine thingie you'll want a Heals X over time when Barding as Cadence will proc that.
    I've not managed to get any Physical procing items to proc with Cadence ever.
    I've not managed to get any Damaging Spell one to proc either.
    Last edited by Maledict; 03-16-2011 at 05:39 PM.

Soulwalker

Thank you very much for your input. So, Dexterity is still my primary stat even as a support class.

I will make sure to keep that in mind, and will work some new essences into my source engine as time goes on. Thanks again!

+ Reply to Thread