+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sin - Kill stuff quick

Rift Disciple

Default Sin - Kill stuff quick

The goal for this build is to be able to kill a world mob (or player) as fast as possible -- in, out, dead... the classic rogue ambush!

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...xofodbo.VG0f0m

I open stealthed > shadow stalk > paralyze > Puncture > Final Blow > (Mob turns to face me) > Foul play > (get behind) > backstab > backstab > Keen > Quick > Keen > Final Blow > Dead. (If not dead yet, keen/quick, puncture for xtra combo pt, to final blow until dead.)

Just wondering if I'm missing anything? Things seem to die pretty quickly and it's a lot of fun, but I would love to improve on things if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Paraella View Post
    The goal for this build is to be able to kill a world mob (or player) as fast as possible -- in, out, dead... the classic rogue ambush!

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...xofodbo.VG0f0m

I open stealthed > shadow stalk > paralyze > Puncture > Final Blow > (Mob turns to face me) > Foul play > (get behind) > backstab > backstab > Keen > Quick > Keen > Final Blow > Dead. (If not dead yet, keen/quick, puncture for xtra combo pt, to final blow until dead.)

Just wondering if I'm missing anything? Things seem to die pretty quickly and it's a lot of fun, but I would love to improve on things if possible.
    I usually stealth->expose weakness->jagged strike->puncture->impale->spam savage strike

I usually don't need to bother with foul play->backstab->backstab on mobs unless they get the jump on me and I'm missing the extra damage from my opener.

21pts into infiltrator hard counters assassins.

Edit: Can't link just infiltrator :|
    Last edited by Pinke; 03-16-2011 at 01:09 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by badalchemist View Post
    I usually stealth->expose weakness->jagged strike->puncture->impale->spam savage strike

I usually don't need to bother with foul play->backstab->backstab on mobs unless they get the jump on me and I'm missing the extra damage from my opener.
    oh yeah I forgot about expose weakness.

Why use savage strike over keen/quick?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by badalchemist View Post

i have to agree with this it is my rotation exactly , and i savage strike spam at the end for the left over combo points to heal me with the talent in Rift stalker, forget what its called. No down time and mobs drop fast

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Cubanski View Post
    i have to agree with this it is my rotation exactly , and i savage strike spam at the end for the left over combo points to heal me with the talent in Rift stalker, forget what its called. No down time and mobs drop fast
    I can see this being ideal for elite mobs, but doesn't most of the impale go to waste then? If mobs are dropping as fast as you say, it seems more than half of the 16sec bleed isn't allowed to run its course. Of course, dead is dead, but if we're talking about ideal methods...

Also, I'm wondering why you choose savage strike spam over keen/quick spam. Both take equal effort with a macro, and keen/quick seems to do higher reliable damage (talented from BD). I haven't been able to actually determine yet if this is any better than the talented crit bonus to Savage Strike (would be interested to hear if anyone's done any testing comparing the two). My suspicions are that the keen/quick damage is better suited for short encounters (because of the higher reliable damage), while the crit bonus of improved SS comes out on top over time in longer-lasting PVE fights.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Paraella View Post
    oh yeah I forgot about expose weakness.

Why use savage strike over keen/quick?
    Because usually, most sins will put points into the skill which allows for a greater crit chance of your savage strike (can't remember the actual name of the skill). I know keen and quick generally do more base damage (depending on how fair into BD you have levelled) but I think its better to stick with savage, especially if you have put skill points into improving that particular skill, otherwise they are practically wasted points.

+ Reply to Thread