+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Riftstalker tank build

Rift Disciple

Default Riftstalker tank build

I was wondering if anyone has thought about using Rift/Dancer/Ranger over rift/dancer/bard

with bard u get 3% less chance to be hit and crit hit and 10% more hp. with Ranger you get 6% damage reduction and 5% more hp. is the damage reduction more important then effectively 3% more dodge and 5% more hp. or would the 6% passive damage reduction be better?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Cichard View Post
    I was wondering if anyone has thought about using Rift/Dancer/Ranger over rift/dancer/bard

with bard u get 3% less chance to be hit and crit hit and 10% more hp. with Ranger you get 6% damage reduction and 5% more hp. is the damage reduction more important then effectively 3% more dodge and 5% more hp. or would the 6% passive damage reduction be better?
    OMG breakthrough , genius idea. No man you are first to figure that out.

Seriously did you even attempt to look around? All these builds have been posted in all major RS threads. Not to mention you forgot main reason to to into bard that is armor anthem (endurance buff is a + but it usually covered.)

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Deathfairy View Post
    OMG breakthrough , genius idea. No man you are first to figure that out.

Seriously did you even attempt to look around? All these builds have been posted in all major RS threads. Not to mention you forgot main reason to to into bard that is armor anthem (endurance buff is a + but it usually covered.)
    First off you dont have to be an jerk. 2nd off i did try search. I've yet to be in a group without a rogue that has enough bard to already have those buffs covered. and i was asking a question not saying i thought of this. I guess what im getting at is, in a raid if bard buffs are covered would the 6% damage reduction be viable variant to the tanking build, or better.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Cichard View Post
    First off you dont have to be an jerk. 2nd off i did try search. I've yet to be in a group without a rogue that has enough bard to already have those buffs covered. and i was asking a question not saying i thought of this. I guess what im getting at is, in a raid if bard buffs are covered would the 6% damage reduction be viable variant to the tanking build, or better.
    Bard have 4 anthems; armor, speed, ability cost and resistance. Even assuming resistance one is not needed most of the time that is 3 anthems. I don't know what kind of groups are you running to have 3 bards at very least. Even in raid it will probably not be covered, but that heavily depends on your personal guild set up. That said fine i ll be nicer, sorry.

There are 3 viable side souls for RS:

BD, Bard, Ranger.

Key point about BD is you HAVE to have 8 points in it to be wort it for false blade.
    This leaves you with only 7 points left for ranger if you go that route. Which is only 4% damage reduction. Or you can go Bard/Ranger where you put 8 points into ranger for full 6% and 7 in Bard sacrificing 2% miss chance which is ok. All of them are viable. Atm for 5 mans Bard seems to be best because of extra buffs. In raid it MIGHT be less effective if they are covered, which i doubt in that case you pay 50g and respec.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathfairy View Post
    Bard have 4 anthems; armor, speed, ability cost and resistance. Even assuming resistance one is not needed most of the time that is 3 anthems. I don't know what kind of groups are you running to have 3 bards at very least. Even in raid it will probably not be covered, but that heavily depends on your personal guild set up. That said fine i ll be nicer, sorry.

There are 3 viable side souls for RS:

BD, Bard, Ranger.

Key point about BD is you HAVE to have 8 points in it to be wort it for false blade.
    This leaves you with only 7 points left for ranger if you go that route. Which is only 4% damage reduction. Or you can go Bard/Ranger where you put 8 points into ranger for full 6% and 7 in Bard sacrificing 2% miss chance which is ok. All of them are viable. Atm for 5 mans Bard seems to be best because of extra buffs. In raid it MIGHT be less effective if they are covered, which i doubt in that case you pay 50g and respec.
    You're forgetting that Anthem buffs are not unique and do not stack with some other souls buffs.

Effective Health: 51 Riftstalker/7 Bard/8 Ranger - Avoidance: 36 Riftstalker/8 Bard/22 Bladedancer - Healthy Mix: 51 Riftstalker/7 Bard/8 Bladedancer
    Riftstalker Tanking - Key Abilities and Mechanics 2.0
    Zayrinoke, Level 50 Bahmi Rogue - Zerstorer, Level 43 Bahmi Warrior - Asche, Level 20 Kelari Cleric - Haifisch, Level 32 Eth Mage
    Multiple Shards

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Zayrinoke View Post
    You're forgetting that Anthem buffs are not unique and do not stack with some other souls buffs.
    That is entirely possible, however i personally have not seen a single buff that is the same as bards anthem. If they are please point them out. I 100% do not exclude the possibility of that as other class knowledge is lacking to say the least. That said in 5 main you almost guaranteed to not cover them all. And as i said in raid judge by your set up. Respec is 50g ....

+ Reply to Thread