+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My attempt at a Marksman spec.

Default My attempt at a Marksman spec.

I'm working on leveling my rogue and since I was enjoying it so much I decided to attempt to draw up and end game Marks spec.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...xoqzAudR.V0x0h

Notes:
    - I have not tried this spec seeing as my rogue is not at cap yet, so I don't have any real numbers I can throw at you aside from what I can read in the tooltips.
    -This spec is mainly built for single target dps although I did end up picking up some of the AoE talents because I thought it important to pick up some of the later unlockables such as Quick Reload and to some extent Controlled Fire.
    - I grabbed the Ranger and Nightblade trees, despite the pet being useless at cap, because while the other souls had strong stat multipliers I either thought the extra points after the multipliers were wasted, or the points getting to them were wasted.
    - I grabbed Improved Quick Shot in the Ranger tree for the reason that the 30% damage from using quick shot puts it above Swift Shot if you can splice it into your rotation approx. every 6 seconds, even with the 15% increase from Single Minded Focus. This is a very minor dps increase and can be easily sacrificed for more survivability via 3 ranks of Bolster.

Please post any comments, and if you just want to laugh at me for being stupid and messing up in some way, that's cool to!
    Remember, you can do just about anything, as long as it's in the name of science!
    Characters: Paragon - US Keenblade - Warrior <For Science>
    Rhythm - US Keenblade - Rogue <For Science>

you could drop static shot and getaway for 2 points in melted skin for another 5% dmg buff with ~100% uptime.

Thanks for the tip, since I haven't even tried using this spec yet I had no idea that weapon buffs from the nightblade tree would proc from ranged attacks.
    Remember, you can do just about anything, as long as it's in the name of science!

Telaran

Hey,

Glad others are thinking of damage specs other than sabos, despite how sub-optimal they may be.

I originally theory crafted a MM with no pet. In theory, the numbers were amazing, but I think the base damage just wasn't there (thinking with original release MM nerf)... perhaps when MM's get buffed, this will be much more viable. Here it is anyways.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...x0V0VudM.V0xMh
    Two points to put into.. whatever utility. Serrated blades are fillers for a very necessary 3rd and 4th tier.

Purpose of this build is PVE single target dps. Prebuff with hellfire blades and asn crit poison.

Rotation for first 50-60 seconds of burst damage:

MM pedastal (+10% dam), stealth, expose weakness, Dark Malady (+20% dam), bullseye (+crit, 0gcd), lightning fury (100% crit, +25% damage from increase firepower, +10% damage from asn cruel vengeance, reduce armor). We're hovering at +65% damage from buffs now.

Hit n run (0 gcd), empowered shot x3 -> deadeyeshot (both with +15% damage and 15% crit from MM, +15% damage from NB) and repeat until hit and run wears off.

Once Hit n run wears off, start all over with quick reload, bullseye, lightning fury for -armor and +35%, hit n run, empowered -> deadeye.

Feel free to fit barbed shot in there for bleed damage, because bleed damage is always more than instant, but there is no synergy with it.

These were the best numbers I could come up with. Again, it looks great, but I think the base damage is just lacking.

Hope this gives you an idea in your MM build.

Looks pretty good, better than mine tbh. I didn't think as much into it as I probably should have. Losing Controlled fire so you can go deeper in other trees, specifically assassin looks like a good way to go. Not sure if you still have this spec but what kind of numbers are you pulling, because you're right, in theory with the crazy amount of straight "This ability does more damage" or "You do more damage" talents, this spec should pull good numbers as long as the base damage is decent to begin with.

Telaran

I had a friend who played a ranger/mm test out the build, so I didnt test it myself. I told him the build and rotation, and I dont know how well he executed it, but he could only manage 400-450 DPS in 1 minute. It was dissapointing to say the least. Either he did something wrong, or the MM's base damages were nerfed too hard on release. I still have hope for MM though.

+ Reply to Thread