+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Build for Same Level Elite Mob?

Default Build for Same Level Elite Mob?

Hey guys, I'm looking for a build to take on the level 50 elite mobs by myself. As of now I can get them to helf health but sending pet in and dps while healing pet. After my pets dies though I can't do anything and die within seconds. So I would like to see some builds you guys might have in mind or are using to take on elite mobs.

ranger/bard, bard/rs, mm/x/x

Thanks for info but I'm more specifically looking for a soul tree calculator more for visual since I have never used bard. I'm hoping to learn and love bard since I have seen many do well with it!

Telaran

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...oz.Vc.VVR0E00o
    2 Different ways with this build:
    Mez, BOOM, Mez, BOOM, Mez, BOOM or
    Entangling Trap, BOOM....etc.

Pretty much any build with 34 point Bard Mez, or Saboteur with Entangling Trap. Solo Elites untouched.

A pure saboteur can solo any melee elite without getting touched ever as long as there's some room to kite, bard mez is only needed for ranged ones.

Champion of Telara

I'm able to solo most level 50 elites @ level 48 with a BD/Assassin/Sab build. IE: If it's an elite mob that says like group(2) then I can usually kill them.

But I have pretty good gear(all blues and purples), and you have to make sure your CD's you'll be needing are up.

Against a melee mob, I pop side steps which increases my survivabilty and my damage from my dodge bonuses/abilities. Then when that is done I'll usually disarm them and if I can, I'll pop the 30% increase in damage to finish them off. I'll pop up a foul play once sidesteps is done. You don't want to disarm or foul play while the side steps is going.

I have 32 in assassin, so I open with jagged strike. I don't use impale, I use bladedancer finishers.

Against casters I start out with jagged strike, but instead of side steps I go right to the 30% damage and I use my silence/interupt to keep them from casting, and then foul play to interupt later. If available, I'll pop side steps at the end, but only right after I silence them as that's the only time they will try to hit me. Small bonus, but sometimes needed at the end.

They are tough fights, but I pull them off. I imagine I'd have no difficulty at all fighting level 48 elites, but I mostly do the repeatable quests in stillmore and the group ones are all 50 elites.

I use the same build for everything.

But you need to be higher level before you get all those abilities. I had much more difficulty at lower levels. At higher level is when you start to get enough points for synergy between trees.

Hint: my combos allow you to solo un-ccable / unsnareable / unrootable etc mobs, such as those found in the final bonus rounds of rifts. Those don't. Almost any build can solo a normal elite.

Telaran

hehe....id like to note that with http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...oz.Vc.VVR0E00o and a little kiting, you can fight 2 or 3 Elites at once or if you get adds you should not have a problem with this build.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamtheatre View Post
    hehe....id like to note that with http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...oz.Vc.VVR0E00o and a little kiting, you can fight 2 or 3 Elites at once or if you get adds you should not have a problem with this build.
    ^

key point is bard mez.

Thank you guys, it really helps and I appreciate it.

+ Reply to Thread