+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Marksman: Strafe and Bulls eye should work together

Default Marksman: Strafe and Bulls eye should work together

bulls eye states that the next Marksman damage attack will automatically critical hit. however when you pair this with Strafe a Channeled attack ONLY the first hit critically hits.

the same with Crossfire another channeled attack.

is this working as intended? if it is i believe it should be changed(where all 4 hits from strafe critically hit), especially since both Strafe and Bulls eye are on a 1 minute + recast timer they should work together, it would be a nice buff to the Marksman class.
    Last edited by Apoth; 03-16-2011 at 10:11 AM.

WTB the above item .... mine broke

It's intended this way, DoTs and HoTs get a crit roll for every tick as opposed to globally now, and it's much better this way.

Crit strafe was dumb. Just get a lot of crit chance and it'll crit a lot either way.

Quote Originally Posted by nand chan View Post
    It's intended this way, DoTs and HoTs get a crit roll for every tick as opposed to globally now, and it's much better this way.

Crit strafe was dumb. Just get a lot of crit chance and it'll crit a lot either way.
    its not a Dot though this isn't a tag someone then switch to someone else and tag them with it DoT ability.

this is a channeled attack meaning that i have to stay locked on to that person while the whole attack finishes. that and it has a minute recast timer.

the whole thing should be counted as a marksman damaging attack, not just the first hit of it.
    Last edited by Apoth; 03-16-2011 at 10:43 AM.

Shadowlander

its working just fine, you also have to remember that your also getting a anti-cc with strafe and you can use it while on the run
    Last edited by mudshovell; 03-16-2011 at 10:52 AM.

Don't quote me, but I think I heard that the combo you're talking about was one of the reasons that they changed how crit works with DoT / Channeled spells, as a full line of guaranteed strafe crits can be devastating, given that you're immune to slows and build a full set of combo points through it.

For now, maybe use bulls eye on whatever 5pt finisher you use after strafe.

Quote Originally Posted by Apoth View Post
    its not a Dot though this isn't a tag someone then switch to someone else and tag them with it DoT ability.

this is a channeled attack meaning that i have to stay locked on to that person while the whole attack finishes. that and it has a minute recast timer.

the whole thing should be counted as a marksman damaging attack, not just the first hit of it.
    It's a DoT by any and all definitions of the term. I don't know what universe you come from though.

Either way, Strafe is a defensive move, not an offensive move. So please, please, don't force marksmen into being one-trick crit strafe ponies again.

Quote Originally Posted by nand chan View Post

Either way, Strafe is a defensive move, not an offensive move. So please, please, don't force marksmen into being one-trick crit strafe ponies again.
    thats like saying sabs are a one trick ponies because of detonate. I played a marksman in alpha and if all you used was Bullseye/Strafe you were doing it wrong.

I find it hilarious Champs can basically stun lock people Sabs can hit for thousands and pyros can do massive damage but if a Marksman uses two long cool down abilities to get some nice damage ... it breaks the game

Quote Originally Posted by Apoth View Post
    thats like saying sabs are a one trick ponies because of detonate. I played a marksman in alpha and if all you used was Bullseye/Strafe you were doing it wrong.

I find it hilarious Champs can basically stun lock people Sabs can hit for thousands and pyros can do massive damage but if a Marksman uses two long cool down abilities to get some nice damage ... it breaks the game
    yeah so

champs can stun for 8 seconds and pretty much 3-4 shot many classes (that aren't tanks)
    Pyromancers can stun every few seconds and dish out huge crits
    Sabs ... must i really say how powerful sabs are

yeah if i blow two cooldowns that MIGHT take a crappy geared mage/rogue down to half health ... thats going to break the game and cause everyone to quit.

+ Reply to Thread