+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NightBlade PVP, do you like it?

Shadowlander

Cool NightBlade PVP, do you like it?

1. Do you like it?
    2. What is your spec?
    3. Why is this your spec?

I've been Sin the whole way... I am currently 43. However, I'm looking to try a few more souls while I have mobs to kill getting to 50, looking to try out NB builds.

Thanks for input.

Shadowlander

I like it quite a bit. Rolled with it all the way through beta until now. Seems like you got more options compared to assassin with some decent ranged abilities and nice cool downs to deal with burst when you need it (sod) and defense options if you get focused. Having twilight force as an extra ranged snare helps in many situations. My spec right now puts 31 into NB and 21 in Assassin - getting sorta the best of both trees imo. The rest is going into riftstalker for now. I play with things a little bit but with the spec I like all the stuff you get, from dusk to dawn, to perma stealth.

With that said I had expected NB to be both my primary PVE and PVP build but for PVP sab is just so hard not to take a serious look at. They are, by far, one of the most effective PVP souls as things stand now, and I feel much more powerful in that spec than I have playing other rogue souls. Yes its not melee, which I prefer to play, but sitting back blowing the crud out of people is pretty entertaining in it's own right and something no serious PVP rogue should not at least look at.
    Last edited by Ministry; 03-16-2011 at 10:11 AM.

Ascendant

1.) we don't talk about nightblades.
    2.) see 1.
    3.) <stab>

Champion of Telara

I think your best bet is to pair it with assassin or riftstalker and then use infiltrator or Bladedancer(I dont really like BD at 50) as the third tree. You could probably go with NB/Sin/RS also. Ive a lot of combos with NB and Im not really sure what I like the most yet.

Currently I have a 51NB/15Sin/0infil and its pretty good on DPS. I can pretty much kill anything I want with this when my CDs are up survivabillity is a little lacking without CDs and I miss the RS teleport when I need to get away. I also have a NB/RS/BD spec the damage isnt quite the same, I can still kill things pretty easily though.

If I were going to suggest a spec I would say NB/Assassin with either infiltrator or Riftstalker as a third. How many points you would put into each would depend on if you were going for Living Flame or not.

Just remember when trying out NB its not a ranged soul. The ranged abillities are just their as a bonus, but if you can be in melee you should be.

Quote Originally Posted by ururu View Post
    1.) we don't talk about nightblades.
    2.) see 1.
    3.) <stab>

Agree 100%

I still roll with my RS/NB/BD spec, and switch to it whenever I need to kill someone that might heal themselves.

It's just not really my ideal spec though. I use it because the spec rapes face.

I prefer my RS/Sin/NB spec, but it's really not good for PVP (Needs sidesteps/breakfree). Which brings up my BD/Sin/NB spec which is quite insane. I'm killing level 50 NPC's in 4-5 seconds. Though I hate not having RS. Unfortunately there aren't enough points to get 26 BD, 26 RS, 32 Sin. Then I tried BD/RS, which I hated because I didn't have infinite stealth, and the damage was meh.

Then I tried a few Warfronts as a BD/Sin/NB, and it worked meh. Even with Flash of Steal, I'm too easy to kite.

In the end, what it all boils down to is this.

NB/RS/BD is probably the best Melee Rogue PVP spec out right now. It's only downfall is the lack of decent stealth, and no fear break.

It's combat style is fun, but it has lots of downtime for questing. So it's literally a PVP spec only, which I don't like, because I PVP A LOT while Questing. Hiding behind a tree, respeccing, and pwning someone is only hilarious so many times, then it gets really annoying.

So I'm pretty much in a 'I really don't have a favorite spec, I'm starting to hate all pvp specs, and just want to tank dungeons, because that's fun in all situations while in a dungeon..

Rift Disciple

NB/*****/Inf

So far this build has been working really well for me in pvp. I have good burst DPS from the NB with a mix of ranged and melee attacks. The main point of this build is to burn down flag carriers very fast and try to escape death making it a little situational but effective.

I have no problem burning down most healers, some solo tanks, very effective against rogues and i laugh at sabs. Seriously all i need to do is wait for sabs to set up then click Twilight Shelter.

CC Abilities that help isolate my target or stop healers-
    Dark Containment
    Lost Hope
    Blinding Powder

Survivability Abilities that keep me alive a little longer when needed
    Twilight Shelter
    Twilight Transcendence
    Break Free

Anyway here's my lvl 40 build, let me know what you think. From lvl 34 - 39 i was toping the damage charts, kills and carrier kills.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...kcp.ihtoGogRos
    Last edited by tron; 03-16-2011 at 11:24 AM.

1. We don't talk about NB
    2. Ranger / Nightblade / Bard - just sayin'
    3. See 1 ;)

Rift Disciple

1. We don't talk about NB
    2. We don't talk about NB
    3. Because i can bend over champions and own them up the A**!

+ Reply to Thread