+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need a MM PVP build

Rift Disciple

Default Need a MM PVP build

I can't seem to quite get it right.

Anyone have a build that is working well for them?

Thanks

The rule of thumb is: if it needs range to stay alive, it sucks balls. Casters and ranged rogues are horribly gimped in this game's pvp. Stick to melee or spec bard but seems like a gay soul to me tbh.
    Last edited by Chomag; 03-16-2011 at 09:24 AM.

Soulwalker

I have to agree with Chomag.

Beside, MM DPS doesn't cut it for PvP. Go Melee or Bard. If you really can't stand either try going Saboteur, that soul at least has enough burst damage to make it somewhat viable in PvP.

Soulwalker

This is my current for-fun spec:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...VhtMr0x0o.0VMz

You can move points around, but the key abilities are strafe, scourge of darkness and retention. You can replace assassin with ranger or infiltrator for slightly more defense, but I like lethal poison.

This build has a ton of burst, but requires some setup. Get 5 cp and use up scourge, then go to town on the target you want dead. Scourge can crit for up to 400, but you'll likely see numbers hovering around 200. If possible, stealth back and start with a dark malady then strafe. A full 4s strafe comes out to ~2500 damage before crits. Hit & Run afterward and fire a bullseye + deadshot for another 1800. Empowered -> Empowered -> swift -> deadeye. Unfortunately, you're out of scourge charges by now, but you can still quick reload and strafe -> hit & run -> deadeye -> emp -> emp - > swift -> deadeye.

This is a more "traditional" marks pvp spec:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Vudo.Vbo.VVr0u

which focuses more on kiting and staying alive. The Ranger tree can be replaced by nightblade for 15% more ability damage and dark malady at the cost of crippling and 5% crit. Your goal with this spec seems to be to kite. You've got a ton of speed and defensive cooldowns and you outrange almost everything at 34m.

+ Reply to Thread