+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Weapons and rogues

Default Weapons and rogues

I'm not sure on where the dagger/other debate is currently or if it's even moving. I just wanted to take some time to post my experience and hope that others may benefit. I'm 46 now and recently switched to the slow/fast combination, like the combat rogues of Warcraft. I tried this because I had an incredible looking axe drop from a quest and decided to play with it for a bit, I forgot I had said weapon still equipped when I went back to questing and immediately noticed a much faster killing speed. I opened my inventory and noticed the only change was the axe, which aside from weapon damage(dps being the same) it was really only a side upgrade, or so I thought. Anyway. The point of the topic is it may be better to adopt a slow/fast combo for rogues. This was not a true test just something I noticed while questing. Note that this was done in Bladedancer and again in Nightblade with killing speed very noticeably higher in both.
    I hope this helped some or added another log to the fire so we can find out what's best.
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens." - J. R. R. Tolkien

So you say that it's mutch better have for example in main hand dagger (1.8 speed) and in other hand somethink slower (2.1 sword) or i just didnt get it ?

Shield of Telara

all weapons are normalized, the speed means NOTHING its been tested over and over... the DPS is what matters. Its actually really smart on the devs part to do that

Shadowlander

What about weapon procs? Are there a set number per minute? If so weapon speed does not matter. If not, faster weapons are better for Sin/NB.

Quote Originally Posted by Tewai View Post
    So you say that it's mutch better have for example in main hand dagger (1.8 speed) and in other hand somethink slower (2.1 sword) or i just didnt get it ?
    I used slow main hand and fast off hand. As I've said before I don't believe my experience is in fact credible since no actual testing was conducted. I just felt like mobs died faster, both single targeting and ae spam.
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens." - J. R. R. Tolkien

If DPS is all that matters, wouldn't faster be better just to get more procs (poison, blade enchantments, etc.) then?
    Motoko
    Rogue
    Assassin, Bard, Tank, Assassin (PvP)
    Nyx - Defiant

Kowalski
    Warrior
    Paladin, Champion
    Nyx - Defiant

+ Reply to Thread