+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Memory Capture and Flashback

Soulwalker

Default Memory Capture and Flashback

Does this work the same as every other riftstalker teleport or can you actually TELEPORT to a higher elevation/z-axis? I am wondering if 32 RS is actually useful for my planned spec and I realize that the answer is no, unless I can use MC/FB to teleport to a higher elevation in order to escape the OP tanks.

BTW, I think it is ridiculous that a teleport fails to work very well if there just so hppens to a be a twig or rock blocking your linear path of teleportation. I once actually had the teleport not work because a thin, small pole was blocking the path. Well, tbh, it worked but I only teleported 3 feet or so.

Anyone know?

Yes, I could spend the gold to figure it out for myself but I have already re-specced 3 of my roles about 12x each so I am hoping for some insight here.

PS: to any haters who want to complain about teleporting being OP, it is ridiculous that tanks can charge ON FOOT up the hill in black garden but I cant TELEPORT up there.

Soulwalker

Flashback will take you to your Memory Capture point regardless of elevation or Line of Sight. Assuming you're in range. It's awesome for blinking back up onto your graveyard in Black Garden or onto the rocks above the Codex.

Flashback seems to be a true teleport and will ignore all LoS and put you right on your memory capture point.

Is it me or does it kind of seem odd as to which direction you face after flashback? If you compare it to the warlock version in WoW, that would face you the same direction as the way you were facing when you placed the teleporter down. How does it work in Rift?

Plane Touched

you go back to exactly where you where when you cast memory capture. so it important to think about where you face when you come out.
    Just because its broke for blizzard doent mean its going to be broken on Rift.
    If you write off everything jerks can use to be jerks; you might as well just go play Olympic Wall Starring

Plane Touched

crap double post
    Last edited by tibot; 03-16-2011 at 07:58 AM.
    If you write off everything jerks can use to be jerks; you might as well just go play Olympic Wall Starring

Quote Originally Posted by Lostsnail View Post
    Flashback will take you to your Memory Capture point regardless of elevation or Line of Sight. Assuming you're in range. It's awesome for blinking back up onto your graveyard in Black Garden or onto the rocks above the Codex.
    ^^ Losts is right. It doesn't matter what is in between you and your memory point. You hit flashback, you go there. Could be 49 feet of 100 foot high rock in between you and your mem point, doesnt matter. Thank god a Rogue skill actually works without a hitch, God knows we need it.
    Wheeler
    Exiled Guild
    Roguey Extraordinaire of Sunrest

Plane Touched

untill you flash back in the middle of a fight to the point you used on the floor below you. Sure i had aggro but i looked dumb as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by tibot View Post
    untill you flash back in the middle of a fight to the point you used on the floor below you. Sure i had aggro but i looked dumb as hell.
    Hah, yeah, bumping the keybind can have interesting results sometimes if you've not redropped the capture in a while.

Effective Health: 51 Riftstalker/7 Bard/8 Ranger - Avoidance: 36 Riftstalker/8 Bard/22 Bladedancer - Healthy Mix: 51 Riftstalker/7 Bard/8 Bladedancer
    Riftstalker Tanking - Key Abilities and Mechanics 2.0
    Zayrinoke, Level 50 Bahmi Rogue - Zerstorer, Level 43 Bahmi Warrior - Asche, Level 20 Kelari Cleric - Haifisch, Level 32 Eth Mage
    Multiple Shards

Champion

Before they fixed the floor not being solid I always used to put a mem cap down before teleporting into mobs, if I fell through the floor I could instantly flashback to above the floor...

good times... specially when I got confused and hit mem cap under the floor ><

+ Reply to Thread