+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bards are epic!

Default Bards are epic!

I recently rolled a bard PVE build cause i was sick of getting adds and dying while i was questing.
    First of all, it is awesome for pve. Taking out 8 mobs no problem. Single target dmg is very good since i use a fast combo point generating rotation and a nightblade finisher. F the pig, i can tank sh*t like a bawss.

Then i queued for a codex thinking i was going to heal...and this happened.
    http://i56.tinypic.com/o09yyr.jpg

Pop virtuoso and start spamming coda of rath/fury. You hit like a truck. Nugh said.
    Got an itch for anime? Visit my anime thread here!
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

I was about to try a bard, the only rogue class I haven't tried yet, wondering what souls work with bard, does NB do well with them?
    Automark
    HD Guild Scribe
    Heroic Dead Forums

I got 31Bard/10NB/0RS and it works like a charm. Single target rotation is Cadence>Powercord>Blazing Strike>repeat

Make sure you get coup de grace and blazing fury up to 5 so your cadence and your finishers hit harder.
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

Quote Originally Posted by Automark View Post
    I was about to try a bard, the only rogue class I haven't tried yet, wondering what souls work with bard, does NB do well with them?
    NB is a must with Bard, for the passive damage increases to your main abilities (which means more healing from Cadence). While leveling, I'm going with 0 Ranger for the tanking pet, but end game I understand the best option is Riftstalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Larloch View Post
    NB is a must with Bard, for the passive damage increases to your main abilities (which means more healing from Cadence). While leveling, I'm going with 0 Ranger for the tanking pet, but end game I understand the best option is Riftstalker.
    Before 30 the Bard/ranger is ungodly, but after 30 its just not worth it cause the pet stops leveling.
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
    Before 30 the Bard/ranger is ungodly, but after 30 its just not worth it cause the pet stops leveling.
    Bard is epic till mid 40's. When you get to Iron Pine Peak, pulling 5 mobs is no longer an option. Somehow at that point, it just starts to feel like the damage is too low and heals are not enough without virtuoso.

Till then, leveling was a breeze. After that, i'd go for something with more dps.

Shield of Telara

I ended up rolling Bard/Ranger/Sab for something completely different. Talk about utility! I can break it off on 6 mobs no problem, walk away with plenty of health, my hog still healthy, and rolling right along. It's crazy how powerful this combo is.

Right now, most my points are in Bard, then only a few in Ranger (to heal piggy), and only 2 in Sab. I'm only 14 now, but, once I start hitting dungeons, some more points may be put in Sab, we'll see. For no, I'm a soloing monster!

I got 31Bard/10NB/0RS and it works like a charm. Single target rotation is Cadence>Powercord>Blazing Strike>repeat

Make sure you get coup de grace and blazing fury up to 5 so your cadence and your finishers hit harder.
    Why blazing strike as a finisher? Coda of Wrath is listed with more damage and can't be blocked, parried or dodged on top of it.
    Last edited by Feliz; 03-16-2011 at 07:23 AM. Reason: spelling

Why use RS for 0 pt? only thing i see is Shadow shift... is there nothing else better for 0 pts>?

"Life is hard, its even harder when youre stupid... But it gets even harder when you play WoW "

Bards are great.

Bard/RS is godly in PVP.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Feliz View Post
    Why blazing strike as a finisher? Coda of Wrath is listed with more damage and can't be blocked, parried or dodged on top of it.
    This is not true. In the 20s and low 30s your codas are pretty good. They out dmg via the tooltip most finishers from the rogue souls. However at about 34 you will start to notice a drastic decrease in coda dmg as you level and a great increase in the other soul finishers.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Rykin View Post
    Bards are great.

Bard/RS is godly in PVP.
    hehe, I sometimes play http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...oz.EIx0u0zokko in Warfronts....bard tank...lol.

I recently rolled a bard PVE build cause i was sick of getting adds and dying while i was questing.
    First of all, it is awesome for pve. Taking out 8 mobs no problem. Single target dmg is very good since i use a fast combo point generating rotation and a nightblade finisher. F the pig, i can tank sh*t like a bawss.

Then i queued for a codex thinking i was going to heal...and this happened.
    http://i56.tinypic.com/o09yyr.jpg

Pop virtuoso and start spamming coda of rath/fury. You hit like a truck. Nugh said.
    i'm moar epic

http://www.tribegaming.com/attachmen...2&d=1299291937
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Beersnutz View Post
    Why use RS for 0 pt? only thing i see is Shadow shift... is there nothing else better for 0 pts>?
    what else can you get for 0 pts that is that usefull?

Rift Disciple

In Warfronts you should be using the two damage debuffs as finishers before worrying about coda of wrath and fury. That will help your team out a lot more.

The Bard AoE dmg using Coda of Fury is so weak there is no reason to ever use it as a finisher other then to just pad your own Damage done stats but actually not help the team at all. That AoE dmg will be instantly healed by a bard, chloro, or warden having no real effect at all. Even trying to justify it to defend someone picking up the fang is useless because you can't sustain the AoE dmg.

The only time you could possibly justify Coda of Fury in a WF is if you used it with Virtuoso so you can spam the AoE's quick and maybe out dmg a AoE healer. Personally IMO Coda of Fury doesn't belong in a PvP build, spend that point somewhere else. I'd rather save my Virtuoso to use with Coda of Restoration and lead a big push for your team, I've seen this turn a fight a number of times.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast