+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why does 51 vs 31 Assasin so much more damage?

Rift Disciple

Default Why does 51 vs 31 Assasin so much more damage?

Hello all,

excuse my bad english its not my moherspeach but i hope everybody can understand my questions.
    Since i am 50 (5 Days) i was testing allot of builds for pve and pve. Finally i can melle spec what i want 51 Assasine 15 Nightblade is far superior to every other spec for mix pvp and pve.

This is the only spec i most of the time kill moobs before they even come out of the paralize stunn
    In PvP 51 Assa specc kicks as... because the stealth bleed, another bleed 5 combo points bleed, vanish paralize = target dead...

Can anyone explain me why 51 Assa is so strong? i cant explain in to myself...is the + chance procc poisen so good? is the 51 skill reac. on crit so good?

i was testing:

34 assa 32 blade
    32 assa 34 nightblade
    22 assa 22 blade 22 nightblade
    22 assa 22 nightblade 22 riftstalker

and allot more but nothing beats 51 assa 15 nightblade... i allways do want min. 22 assa for perm stealth and the stun kick.

thanks for your informations

via

Rift Disciple

Serpent Strike deals water damage which most players have no mitigation at all or only a couple percent to so you generally hit them for 1k straight up with your first one.

Finally i can melle spec what i want 51 Assasine 15 Nightblade is far superior to every other spec for mix pvp and pve.
    51 Nightblade is better PvP (3 abilities that mitigate damage, 2 of them mitigate it completely, 1 of them while you're stunned) and is comparable PvE dps. There is also Saboteur which is currently the highest PvE dps and, saboteur being saboteur, a godly warfront happy funtime spec. (Assuming people ignore your squishy butt)

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kivlov View Post
    Serpent Strike deals water damage which most players have no mitigation at all or only a couple percent to so you generally hit them for 1k straight up with your first one.

51 Nightblade is better PvP (3 abilities that mitigate damage, 2 of them mitigate it completely, 1 of them while you're stunned) and is comparable PvE dps. There is also Saboteur which is currently the highest PvE dps and, saboteur being saboteur, a godly warfront happy funtime spec. (Assuming people ignore your squishy butt)
    yeah well 51 NB maybe bit better for pvp but i want perma stealth

i was having fun in beta with sabo but i am not playing this class anymore. i think its a bug using 5 different charges and get 10 so it will be fixed. in pvp most teams dont suck and dispell so sab is boring and worthless.

Rift Disciple

Another question i was wondering now: If serpent strike is water damage and bleed isnt physical damage allso doesent it makes sense to get 3 points in Unstable State for PvP? its 9% more Damage bleeding and serpent strike and poisons vs 3% overall damage and resis?

Rift Disciple

51 sin - 15 inf - 0 Sab

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...tsfqddR.xx0M0c

51 in sin for all the joy, 15 in infil to increase that joy, 0 in sab in case the joy is not in your favour so you can sticky bomb as you leg it if slip away isn't up or its bugged out!! hehe

Any thoughts? no insults please, I'm not 50 yet and just looking at possibilities, whilst also showing possible builds to other rogues to play with

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Viashiva View Post
    yeah well 51 NB maybe bit better for pvp but i want perma stealth

i was having fun in beta with sabo but i am not playing this class anymore. i think its a bug using 5 different charges and get 10 so it will be fixed.
    Its not a bug, its what the sab build does. You put enough points into sabo, you get a passive called Charge booster. This doubles a charge on a person. So you stack 5 different charges, you get the power of 10. Therefore, not a bug.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
    Its not a bug, its what the sab build does. You put enough points into sabo, you get a passive called Charge booster. This doubles a charge on a person. So you stack 5 different charges, you get the power of 10. Therefore, not a bug.
    i dont wann discuss about it - i dont care about sabs. i think its a bug and it will be fixed one day - end of story.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Demvaril View Post
    51 sin - 15 inf - 0 Sab

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...tsfqddR.xx0M0c

51 in sin for all the joy, 15 in infil to increase that joy, 0 in sab in case the joy is not in your favour so you can sticky bomb as you leg it if slip away isn't up or its bugged out!! hehe

Any thoughts? no insults please, I'm not 50 yet and just looking at possibilities, whilst also showing possible builds to other rogues to play with
    Just to note on the way the PvP souls work...

The first tier of skills you can put points into as soon as you buy the soul.
    The next tier of skills require you to have that level of Prestige.

So once you hit 50, you will still only be able to put points into the bottom 2 skills, so its best to plan a 50 spec with this in mind as it will take you a while to prestige enough to get 15pts into the pvp soul.
    Bloodiron EU PvP
    ==========
    Kink - 50 Warrior
    Gg - 3X Rogue
    Duke - Mage

Rift Disciple

Ahhh thank you Kink - I never knew that.

Ascendant

32 assassin >>>>> 31 assassin.

food for thought.

Ascendant

I am curious how you measure it?

An Assassin is great burst dps. Meaning, you can kill the squishies when coming out of stealth. After that, their dps drop drastically.

Serpent Strike is pretty neat, but the Assasssin Spec just has 0 mobility. I can't PVP in this game with 0 mobility.

The problem with numbers is they are just raw data taken out of the field.

It does not take into account other factors, such as mobility, interrupts, damage resistance, damage types, silences, or whatever tools that spreading points out amongst other souls throws into the equation.

I personally (as I've posted in another thread) do not like the 51 sin. Don't get me wrong I do love serpent strike, and I kind of like the tear gas (or whatever it is called) but I swear the actually working time on it turns out be like 2 seconds as opposed to 6 lol, but hey it still interrupts...

Things change though for Sins once you start fighting 50's who have had time to gear up. Oh how they change

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by ururu View Post
    32 assassin >>>>> 31 assassin.

food for thought.
    I quit using impale and final blow. I still have 32 in assassin, but I'm not longer using those.

I now have about 28 points in Bladedancer to go along with my 32 in assassin(5 in sab for dex/sticky bomb/runners).

At level 48, I'm sporting 399 DEX. 24% base crit chance, 18% dodge.

Now I'm using the bladedancer finisher "Deadly Strike", and also the talent "Deadly Dance". Deadly dance increases the next 2 combo building abilities damage by 6% per combo point. That's 30% extra damage on your next 2 hits. The default Deadly Strike seems to have the same base damage as Final Blow does after you spec the 3 points to improve it's damage. But then high up in the bladedancer tree, I have a talent that gives me 10% more damage from bladedancer abilities and also 20 more max energy. So with all that combined it does alot more damage(1400-1500 crits on deadly strike).

The 10% damage is nice because I long ago quit using Savage Strike. It has more damage in itself than Keen Strike, however Keen Strike opens up some nice Secondary abiities that causes the overall DPS to jump up quite a bit. Not to mention when I dodge, I automatically strike back for damage, and it opens up a nice reactive.

I still have the bleed talents from assassin. The 30% Deadly Strike/Deadly Dance combo also applies to Puncture. I still open with Jagged Strike etc. I still have the great stealth. But after I open, I'm all about the bladedancer.

And oh yeah, I also have a little CD that allows me to increase my damage by 30% when needed. So if I want to take someone down quick, open up with Jagged Strike->Puncture->30% damage->Deadly Strike(increasing my next 2 strikes by an additioal 30%), Keen Strike(unless I've dodged, which is even better)->Quick/Precision Strike.

Oh, and when I dodge I get another combo point added to any combo building ability I use next(3 points for a puncture). The combo bar gets full QUICK and lol - another finisher + 30% damage on the next 2.

I have a hard time believing 51 pts in assassin is getting more DPS in my build. The only downfall of my build would be for group PvE where I'm never getting attacked. Me getting attacked only makes me much much stronger. I don't even sap 1 of the mobs if there are 2 standing there anymore, because the other mob trying to hit me just makes me kill both of them faster(but I do have to use more drinks, the downside).

It depends what you want to do.

A 51 spec Sin in a Warfront is a mistake, as far as I can tell. There is no utility and not enough burst damage to be had, not to mention a complete lack of defense.

IF one was to play a 51 Sin in a Warfront, the last 15 points would pretty much have to go to RS. I don't see a way around it.

For a World PvP spec, however, I can see it working. Go full damage (51 Sin/ 15 Infil or Nightblade), Jagged > Puncture > Impale > Serpent > Slip away > Etc. That would be beastly, pretty much anyone aside from a cleric would have to pop a Health Potion to have a chance at surviving.

But for a Warfront, there isn't enough burst there to even break through a Bard. It NEEDS to be paired with a higher dps combo, or at least one that gives it staying power.
    Officer of Legacy, Keenblade.

Prestige Rank 8 -- 4/10 HK -- Rogue

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast