+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Saboteur gameplay question.

Soulwalker

Default Saboteur gameplay question.

I really enjoy the idea of a saboteur. Setting up traps and explosives, killing your foes before combat even begins, etc.

I enjoyed this thought before I knew they were considered a tad overpowered, and it still doesn't change my opinion. I'd really like to level a rogue for the sake of making a saboteur, but all I see them do (I could very easily be wrong) is *charge, charge, charge, charge, charge, BOOM*, rinse, repeat.

Please say it isn't so! There must actually be some planning and finesse to this supposedly elegant class.

I played one very briefly. A bit too squishy for me. But there are many on here who have posted "boring, boring, boring". And I think they might be right.
    Automark
    HD Guild Scribe
    Heroic Dead Forums

Rift Disciple

The only elegence to this class is sapping someone, attaching 5 charges and hoping it 1 shots them or you can kill them before they can kill your squishy ***.

I leveled a Sabo from 1-about 37 before i switched my souls around. Like the guy above me said they are super squishy. But if you set up the battlefield right you have a better time but it is slower to farm mobs for mats. As a Nightblade i can solo 2-3 lvl 50 mobs at 49 vice only being able to solo 1 maybe 2 if im carefull as a Sabo.
    Rogue Tank at your service.

Knights of the Black Phoenix (KotBP)

Soulwalker

How very sad. My interest has subsided.

Rift Disciple

They is some finesse to playing them in PvP, especially if you spec higher into it and get land mines and the other traps. You've got a couple defensive utilities by using the mines and traps to keep people out of arms reach, however they're most effectively played with someone else taking the notice of everyone in pvp and the aggro in pve.

Telaran

They are quite fun to play, and a little bit tricky. People only see the one shot videos but it's far easier to play another rogue with 2 macro buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by Sitar View Post
    They are quite fun to play, and a little bit tricky. People only see the one shot videos but it's far easier to play another rogue with 2 macro buttons.
    Agreed, people should stop focusing on these big numbers olol crits...Actually Sabs are only easy to play (in pvp) when you're facing bad players who're not paying attention to what's going on and so well...not paying attention to you until it's already too late.

Now when against someone who has a clue and who immediatly engage you / cleanse / pop dmg absorb shield, etc...etc...(or simply bull rush and make you eat your teeth with two or three titan strikes), you'll need a lot of skill and timing, using traps etc...to actually win.

Sabs just SEEM to be easy to play at first sight because the same average people don't understand it's perhaps wiser to pay attention to the guy who seems to wait at some range doing neraly zero damage instead of landing all CD etc...on the glowy flamming "hit me" nightblade who's already focused/CCed by 10 people.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Myrik View Post
    I leveled a Sabo from 1-about 37 before i switched my souls around. Like the guy above me said they are super squishy. But if you set up the battlefield right you have a better time but it is slower to farm mobs for mats. As a Nightblade i can solo 2-3 lvl 50 mobs at 49 vice only being able to solo 1 maybe 2 if im carefull as a Sabo.
    A sab / ranger build can take on 5 - 8 mobs of the same level and kill them all in about 5 - 8 charges, they are easily the fastest solo aoe build out there when used correctly. I solo lvl 50 minor rifts all 6 stages with little to no problems at all.

you must be joking. On my Sab I can easily farm 2-3 mobs at a time and still have 100% life left to go pull the next 2-3. Its all about your play style + soul trees

I did sab/bard/ranger just for pve

high dmg from sab
    heals from bard and + crits
    and ranger for pet to take most aggro

kiting is a HUGE help too with 2-3 mobs. if you use the AoEs from sabs to damage then, place a snare trap or the aoe that slows them, just kite back, rinse and repeat. takes a little more work but very effective

but there are much better souls for pve as a rogue. As a mostly ranger/bard I can pull 5-6 mobs my level or less and kill them all with 100%, making sure I heal my pet and use Cadence constantly for more heals followed by Volley...
    DerpStrike: Seriisbad (Rogue) Seriismad (Mage)
    Dark Age of Camelot: Retired after 10 years
    RR10 Bard / RR9 Warden / RR9 NS / RR10 Enchanter / RR11 Theurg
    Final Fantasy 11 Online - Retired after 7 years
    www.bringvictory.com

+ Reply to Thread