+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SAB Charge boosters - Leveling Questions

Soulwalker

Default SAB Charge boosters - Leveling Questions

I have some questions regarding the "Charge boosters" talent.

Question 1

What does power exactly mean? Number of charges? I did some tests on low level mobs with concussion charge, to see if 1 application would stun them for 2 seconds. It seems like it. Also, blast charges using charge boosters did 200+ damage, whereas according to the tooltip they should be doing 100+ damage (although I don't know the exact AP scaling).

I am currently lvl 22, using ranger/sab/nb to level - ranger for the pet and heal, sab for main nukes and nb to increase my damage.

Question 2:

If charge boosters indeed increase the number of charges by 1, does this exceed the 5 charge limit per mob, increasing 5xBlast to 6xBlast?

(It seems likely, since I started killing faster after I got the talent.)

Question 3:

If number of charges are increased by 1 for each type, would it be beneficial to cast Spike, Splinter, Caltrop, Blast, Blast, to maximise my damage, or is it faster to just 5x Blast?

Since pet is tanking, I don't really need the kiting utilities of reduced movement speeds etc.

Thanks in advance for your help.

You are correct, it just adds 1 extra charge, if you use the same charge 5 times then you get 6 of them, if you use 5 different ones then you get a total of 10.

And yes, using 5 different damaging charges does a lot more damage (each charge can also crit separately), that's what you should be doing for killing single npcs.
    Last edited by Terpsichore; 03-15-2011 at 11:54 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsichore View Post
    You are correct, it just adds 1 extra charge, if you use the same charge 5 times then you get 6 of them, if you use 5 different ones then you get a total of 10.

And yes, using 5 different damaging charges does a lot more damage (each charge can also crit separately), that's what you should be doing for killing single npcs.
    Thank you for your answer.

Should I include spike in my rotation? Since most mobs die in 2 gcds after the initial detonate, it seems 2xblast, splinter, caltrop, shrapnel is the best combo.

Do that until you can unlock ember charge, then you can use 5 different ones.

If you have to kite some elite mob then avoid using sharpnel charge after you've specced into adding a dot to it, do x2 blast charges instead, this way you can safely use the snare trap.
    Last edited by Terpsichore; 03-16-2011 at 12:05 AM.

+ Reply to Thread