+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Riftstalker - How do you pull in experts?

Shadowlander

Default Riftstalker - How do you pull in experts?

Does anyone have some creative pulling techniques for experts? I've been running t1s as a bard and we've just started running t2s. In order to help gear up some of our fresh 50s i've volunteered to tank the t1s having picked up t1 tanking gear. My problem is I'm getting my @#$ kicked and I think most of it has to do with lack of cc. When we do use cc its like the only thing I can pull with is cadence or shadow assault because shadow blitz will break whatever cc was setp. The warrior that we run usually hurls his axe at melee and death grips the caster (idk what the abilities are called but you know I mean). Is it going to be a bunch of LoS pulls? Does anyone have any good puling techniques for these situations? how many mobs do you usually cc? If there is 3 "small" type mobs I can take those pretty easy, 2 small 1 big and its a little iffy till i get my buffs but not that bad, 3 small and 1 big and I'm going down quick. Is this just too much? Any advice would be appreciated.

Telaran

I normally pull with shadow blitz and then back to my memory capture behind LOS as needed or simply back to the group if there's no ranged mobs in the pull. If we're using incapacitate as CC, I'll either use single target to pull and then quickly AOE as they reach us (or shadow blitz into them as they are oor of the incapacitated mob) or simply shadow blitz into a mob that is not close to the incapacitated one. If using any other CC, it's done after the pull. If anything, pulling as a riftstalker has so many advantages over other classes.
    For damage, just make sure you get up Rift Guard (even a 1 point for trash) and you should be able to tank through everything.
    Unless you've missed picking up 50 toughness, I can't really explain why you're having trouble if you got T1 tanking gear.
    Last edited by Harmonious; 03-15-2011 at 10:03 PM.

Shadowlander

I normally put up a 2/3 pt guarded steel followed by 2/3 point rift guard. I remember reading somewhere that rift guard did not stack with rift barrier after a plane shift? Is this wrong?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Kammera View Post
    I normally put up a 2/3 pt guarded steel followed by 2/3 point rift guard. I remember reading somewhere that rift guard did not stack with rift barrier after a plane shift? Is this wrong?
    Rift Guard overwrites Rift Barrier, and Rift Barrier does not fire if you have Rift Guard up. Rift Barrier is a stop-gap in your mitigation until Rift Barrier can be put up.
    Faeblight - Defiant: Ghaeleah, Eladria, Mala, Danoria, Azshannya
    Estrael - Guardian: Reah, Shilania, Kethrah, Tulania, Azshannya

Champion

It depends on the group of mobs im pulling.

Often its a simple case of blitz -> disturb -> phantom til 5 -> gaurded -> planar/phantom till 5 -> rift guard

sometimes I'll blitz than flash back, sometimes I'll body pull, sometimes I'll instigate pull, sometimes I'll weapon barrage pull and then occasionally I'll just bow pull.

Depends entirely on the group and situation.

+ Reply to Thread