+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for a solo questing build/guide.

Default Looking for a solo questing build/guide.

So I started my rogue off going BD/RB/Ranger and I liked it, but I felt underpowered. **Note, I have never reached lvl 20 on a rogue**

I think switched to MM/Bard/Ranger and I like it, but again I feel underpowered.

So please, enlighten me on the most effective solo questing build. I need a dummies guide with an explanation, soul tree, specific path to put points in (i.e. 3/5 in this then 2/2 here, 3/3 here, finish the 3/5 to a 5/5), even just general information/tips.

I appreciate any/all effort going into helping me
    -- Will insert at a later date --

Rift Disciple

The build I'm using is mostly from a build I found here. It's blade dancer with some riftstalker thrown in with it. The blade dancer does a lot of damage to things attacking you with melée (most mobs) and has some nice cool downs to boot.

The rift stalker lets younget rift scavenger which gives you life back after kills if theybhave combo points on them. A full stack of points gives 30+ % of your HP after every monsters, so basically you never have to stop killing. The teleports are awesome for zipping between mobs quickly and you can spec them for nice bonuses. Some have problems falling through the world, but it hasnt happened to me once, so might depend somewhat on your computer or video settings.

Some others use assassin as their other soul, and while I have it, I haven't put many points into it. For me kill speed is not a problem, blade dancer melts the monsters like butter, I prefer more mobility and reducing down time, which rift stalker does great at.

One lacking feature between these is no run speed buff, which I love but can't find room for. I have another role for bard to get my 20% run speed if I'm going someplace far but with a mount it doesn't matter too much.

Give me a minute and I'll link a build

Rift Disciple

Here it is check this thread out.

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...tstalker-Guide

Ty for the link
    -- Will insert at a later date --

Telaran

Feel free to take a look at the builds in my signature. They are for level 50, but just drop points to equal your level.

I used both the Bard and Assassin roles while leveling. The Bard one I found much easier for taking on harder quests - just swap out Sab for Ranger, the pet tank is a great help. The Assassin spec I found more "fun" - stealthing around and quickly dispatching enemies is awesome.

Leveling up as a Rogue, you're going to have to pick one of four routes:

1) Go pure damage spec and have to stop to drink every so often
    2) Sub ranger and let the pet tank
    3) Spam cadence as a Bard
    4) Sub Riftstalker 13 points to fill out Rift Scavenging

I started out with #3 leveling as a Bard and eventually found it too repetitive. Tried #2 and found that sitting back and pew-pew'ing things is boring too. I felt too squishy as #1.

I finally settled on #4 with Riftstalker sub and feel like it's a good compromise. However, keep in mind that #4 isn't that great until you're in your 30s and can go deep enough into your main soul to still be damaging.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi Im Panther View Post
    So I started my rogue off going BD/RB/Ranger and I liked it, but I felt underpowered. **Note, I have never reached lvl 20 on a rogue**

I think switched to MM/Bard/Ranger and I like it, but again I feel underpowered.

So please, enlighten me on the most effective solo questing build. I need a dummies guide with an explanation, soul tree, specific path to put points in (i.e. 3/5 in this then 2/2 here, 3/3 here, finish the 3/5 to a 5/5), even just general information/tips.

I appreciate any/all effort going into helping me
    There are so so so many diff ideas n threads bout lvlin... wat i found for ME PERSONALY was i was 12bard/ 0Ranger/rest into Marksman from like lvl 20-low 30's. zero pts for pet tank, MM does realy nice dps, and bard keeps u and your pet alive when u get multiple mobs, Go for bard first so its outa the way.
    After i hit 30ish i went bladedancer/assassin/Riftstalker cause for grinding... i'm 46 now and it still grinds like no other build i've tryed. 3-5 mobs every time i pull full health after the fights done and it only took me 30 sec Its hands down the best build for grinding i've found. Here's the link to were i found the build n usefull info bout it http://www.riftjunkies.com/forums/sh...ncer-Does-Best

Hope this was helpfull to ya!

Telaran

I ran 1-30 a NB/sin/ranger build. The pet helps immensely during these levels. Max out NB per level, and put 5 points into ranger and then 5 points into sin. At 30, I respecced to NB/BD/sin. Aim for 43 BD/6 BD/17 sin. Dont bother stealthing, it's more important to get 3x fiery strike on the target before it reaches you. I had a super easy time grinding, questing, and beating up the occasional elite with all the survival CDs you get in the spec.

Rift Disciple

Check out this guide: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...tstalker-Guide

In my opinion the reason you felt so weak with a BD build is because you specced it too early. It really only starts to shine post 35.

Check other guides until 35, then check the guide I posted once you hit 35. If you do, I'm willing to bet you will have a very enjoyable experience at that time.

+ Reply to Thread