+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PvE/PvP Builds

Plane Touched

Default PvE/PvP Builds

So, I'm wanting to play a rogue. I figure I can bring something to the group as either a bard or a riftstalker, thus proving useful, and I can still greatly enjoy myself in PvP and solo PvE. My question, I suppose, it what a good leveling spec is for a rogue.

Also, I would ask of the more experienced players if this would be a good (general, since I haven't researched how to best spend the points on the souls yet) PvP build if played by a smart player:

Marksman (main)
    I like my ranged characters. Marksman seems to be the way to go over ranger, especially with all the speed boosts.
    Assassin
    Stealthing. Being mainly ranged, it should mean there is very little to no chance of being detected by the point you are in range of your desired target.
    Riftstalker
    I really only chose this because, if I am reading the descriptions right, Riftstalker seems to have some manner of "blink" move comparable to blink on mages in WoW? As in, it can be used while in combat to shoot your character a decent distance forward? If so, I'm guessing this would be an awesome tool for a ranged character to have at his disposal. Unstealth, see the fight going badly, use Marksman speed boosts to run and, if it doesn't seem to be enough, throw in a "blink" to add that extra distance. Maybe even stealth again once far enough away, depending on how dynamics work, such as stealthing so soon after an engagement.
    Of course, this all depends on a lot of things. That's why I wanted some info from more experienced players before committing to the idea.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by LimeMuffins View Post
    So, I'm wanting to play a rogue. I figure I can bring something to the group as either a bard or a riftstalker, thus proving useful, and I can still greatly enjoy myself in PvP and solo PvE. My question, I suppose, it what a good leveling spec is for a rogue.

Also, I would ask of the more experienced players if this would be a good (general, since I haven't researched how to best spend the points on the souls yet) PvP build if played by a smart player:

Marksman (main)
    I like my ranged characters. Marksman seems to be the way to go over ranger, especially with all the speed boosts.
    Assassin
    Stealthing. Being mainly ranged, it should mean there is very little to no chance of being detected by the point you are in range of your desired target.
    Riftstalker
    I really only chose this because, if I am reading the descriptions right, Riftstalker seems to have some manner of "blink" move comparable to blink on mages in WoW? As in, it can be used while in combat to shoot your character a decent distance forward? If so, I'm guessing this would be an awesome tool for a ranged character to have at his disposal. Unstealth, see the fight going badly, use Marksman speed boosts to run and, if it doesn't seem to be enough, throw in a "blink" to add that extra distance. Maybe even stealth again once far enough away, depending on how dynamics work, such as stealthing so soon after an engagement.
    Of course, this all depends on a lot of things. That's why I wanted some info from more experienced players before committing to the idea.
    Wouldn't let me edit main post, but here is the build I just fiddled with: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...GzRsd0zdo.yM0c

I only put so many points into the assassin tree to reach the unlimited stealth, but I'm not sure it's worth missing out on so many marksman/riftstalker points.

Tips?

Plane Touched

I'll take that as "It's not terrible, so we don't have anything to bash." 8D

Soulwalker

This could work... bookmarked that page ;] I will definitely be trying this out and maybe tweaking things or keeping it the same who knows. Thanks

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Battlesense View Post
    This could work... bookmarked that page ;] I will definitely be trying this out and maybe tweaking things or keeping it the same who knows. Thanks
    I took a look at PvP souls, and the Rogue's infiltrator soul is WAY better for it than assassin soul. Lots of stun reduction, damage increase and armor penetration, plus a built in stealth. So I'd probably replace assassin with that when I have the option.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by LimeMuffins View Post
    I took a look at PvP souls, and the Rogue's infiltrator soul is WAY better for it than assassin soul. Lots of stun reduction, damage increase and armor penetration, plus a built in stealth. So I'd probably replace assassin with that when I have the option.
    For a leveling build, you can't get pass the first tier of the infiltrator soul without being Rank 2, and you can't get Rank 2 without getting Prestige, and you can't get prestige until you're level 50.

On a different note this is the first ranged rogue build I've seen without using Ranger for the pets tanking ability (even though the razorbeast stops leveling at lvl 30), so I'm interrested in seeing how this works out.

For PvP, Marksman does crazy damage and has a lot of ways to kite most melee souls; as for the rest of the ranged PvP'ers I see one in combat stun that you can use to buy you some time or interrupt (Assassin) and a lot of crit damage (you could probably max your crits if you replaced MM with Ranger).

Good luck with this one.

You can't level as MM. It IS possible but without putting points in ranger at least so you get the pet healing, it's going to be very frustrating.

MM is a pvp/instance build.
    Last edited by Chomag; 03-17-2011 at 01:39 PM.

+ Reply to Thread