+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ranger/Nightblade/Marksman 34/28/4

Soulwalker

Default Ranger/Nightblade/Marksman 34/28/4

Hey all,
    This is a bit of a different build that I have been messing around with for the fun of it. I was surprised at just how good it does so I thought I would throw it up here for people to see.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...tMu0xMo.L#Tree
    (1 Point is missing from Opportunity because it made the URL have a bleeped out swear word in it)

The build is very solid at AoE and fairly decent at single target damage.

For AoE:
    Spam Trick Shot
    5 combo points = Concussive Blast
    5 combo points (CB on CD) = Scourge of Darkness

All of the Trick Shot bounces will proc weapon enchantments and Scourge charges so it ends up doing a lot of extra damage as it bounces around. Also, Trick Shot generates combo points amazingly fast with the improved talent which makes Heat Retention very good.

-------

Single Target is based around 2 rotations of moves to finishers that you alternate between.

1st) Shadow Fire (Empowered Shot when its on CD) - Splinter Shot - Scourge of Darkness [You have 5 combo points after the first round because of Opportunity]
    2nd) Quick Shot - Piercing Shot - Twilight Force - Quick Shot [Again 5 combo points after the first round because of Opportunity]

Overall it is perhaps not the BEST Min-Maxed spec there is for a rogue but it competes fairly well and is very fun in the process!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinoz View Post
    All of the Trick Shot bounces will proc weapon enchantments and Scourge charges so it ends up doing a lot of extra damage as it bounces around. Also, Trick Shot generates combo points amazingly fast with the improved talent which makes Heat Retention very good.
    I must say I was unsure what to expect when I saw the title of this thread but this is interesting, may have to try this sometime.

Rift Chaser

does enhanced weapon enhancements boost scourge of darkness damage?

hows this ranger/nb build. i picked up fell blades so u can -50% healing to their whole team by spamming trickshot. http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...m.ictzkogRoo.m

Rift Chaser

Default cool idea

a build for really debuffing yer opposing team double poison debuff cloudy poison from infiltrator makes heals slower and more mana intensive while fell blades that reduces healing by 50%

ya mostly stay ranged use the dog as a pet since he also has a dps debuff if i am not mistaken and ya use scourge of darkness whenever its up if it isnt ya use head shot if yer target is in melee ya use blazing strike to finish the combo points but with a good team this shouldnt be happenin.

the reason i dont use 5 points in lingering flames is that i think they might be suited better in the infiltrator soul and get a dispell for yerself since yer not gonna heavily use blazing strike and get in melee unless ya have too....

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M....iht0Gox0os.xx

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by bishbosh View Post
    does enhanced weapon enhancements boost scourge of darkness damage?

hows this ranger/nb build. i picked up fell blades so u can -50% healing to their whole team by spamming trickshot. http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...m.ictzkogRoo.m
    Enhanced weapons wont boost scourge damage as far as I am aware.

Is this build intended to be range, melee or a mix of the two? Because any is fine, but the focus of my original build was to stay at ranged. I also am finding that the points in marks are not as helpful as I wanted them to be and and grabbing sab for the dex bonus + aoe slow
    Last edited by Sinoz; 03-16-2011 at 07:25 AM.

Soulwalker

Default question

Sinoz, in your build at the top, why bother with the Marksman points? In either of your situations you arent using any of the marksman skills, why not pick up assassin for the poison buff to your weapons?

Rift Disciple

i like where this is going

any parses?

edit: take 1 point out of heat heat retention and into hasten call? pet is a big part of aoe and has less survivability with only 34 pts in ranger
    Last edited by Durak; 04-09-2011 at 05:29 AM.

+ Reply to Thread