+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Marksmen PvE Build Feedback Welcome!

Default Marksmen PvE Build Feedback Welcome!

Ive been Reading the forums since i picked up Rift and have read alot about how the marksmen soul isnt really that great in terms of dps (i may be wrong)

Like alot of people here i find Marksmen really enjoyable to play and have persisted with it while leveling up, granted im only level 40 and cannot comment on end game pve or pvp for that matter, but after doing my research ive come to the following build.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...V0Ahzo.0VMcx0b

So its a nightblade/marksmen/assassin build, 18/31/17 its focus is pure pve single target dps. ofc pve is not just about a single target, but with most mmo's the dmg on a singular boss is usually quite important.

The synergy between these 3 souls is imo, amazing.

from the nightblade soul your getting alot of your raw damage, 15% increase dmg on finishers and combo generating abilities, a straight up 3% dmg increase to your attacks, hellfire blades enchant (with the 5% dmg bonus talent) and 9% dmg on all non physical dmg (hellfire proc, lethal poison proc, master archer proc, not to mention your aoe abilities like fan out and cross fire.)

Your also getting Twilight shelter,80% less dmg for 8 seconds, obviously not gonna use it while dpsing due to the dmg reduction, im calling it my oh **** button, very handy in pve.

Onto the marksmen tree, granted its only got 31 points, but as you can see its got every single dmg increasing skill there is, it does however lose out on afew things, there is no sniper pedestel, you still have marksmen, so your losing out on 20% dmg, personally i believe nightblade alone makes up for this.

no quick reload, however there is only 1 point in this one, so there is room for this to be included.

and the big one, no utility skills what so ever, thats the main drawback, my only answer is..its a dps build.

the assassin tree, straight forward, 5% crit, 4% dmg increase. 10% dmg after a crit for 10 seconds (always up) and 20% more crit dmg.
    allows you to pickup lethal poison (5% crit when proc) this should almost always be up if your focusing one target. expose weakness (havnt figured out how to fit this into a rotation yet)
    downside, its the only tree with wasted soul points, 3 in serrated blades, but they were needed to go further up into the tree.

so as the title says feedback is appriciated.

and if anyone has any rotations that would be great to discuss too.

I play marksman main soul also and i like it the dps in pvp is not so good but i will do my best to make it viable .

For pve i use Ranger for the pet and assasin because there is good sinergie between assasin and marksman and i love the perma stealth option .

I know the sinergie between nightblade is good also but i prefer having a tanking pet in pve .

Shadowlander

I don't understand why I see so many MM rogues without repelling/On the Double/Static regardless of PvP or PvE. They are amazing for any type of solo play regardless of your Pv* i leveled as MM until 38 and went sin just because stealth on a pvp server is good stuff. But I found it mandatory to live and kite to have the aforementioned abilities.

/2c

edit: those abilities are also decent for group play for obvious(to me) reasons.
    Last edited by Whatlust; 03-16-2011 at 12:53 AM.

Telaran

Okay, now first off assuming you're going *** / MM / NB I think the core talents will look something like this: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...hx0V0Ahzo.V0xz giving you 6 points to move around. Now, we got the good stuff from assassination so for the sake of argument we're not going to consider it at all.

Going pure Nightblade like you suggested offers a lot of damage, but I can't possibly imagine 1% damage done or 3% non-physical damage done would outweigh another point in MM for Quick Reload. So for sake of argument, we're going to move one to MM and say from this point on we either want all the remaining points in MM for Controlled Fire, or in NB for the pure damage talents. Listing them ends up with:

MM: 2 points in Rapid Extrication - allowing for two uses Hit and Run per Quick Reload.
    On the Run, Collateral Damage, Keen Eye - Various utiliity talents that are nice but add no real DPS
    Controlled Fire - The main question of what's better. The damage is quite strong, especially with Hit and Run and Quick Reload.

NB: 3% damage, 5% damage and 9% non-physical damage. We'll ballpark it and say that's about 10% more DPS, so that's the number to beat.

Now we'll throw out a fight that say lasts a little over two minutes. We're going two get two extra Hit and Runs, one extra Bull's Eye and one extra Controlled fire. Over a span of 140 seconds we've increased uptime of HaR + Controlled Fire by 7%, another HaR, and a free crit. You're probably doing well over double damage during haR and Controlled Fire, so over 7% more time that's 7% more damage overall. The HaR is maybe 3% and with a free crit, it should be doing more overall. At least that's how I see it - I can't parse it but if anyone has any other ideas please let me know - this is the final build I ended up with:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...hxoV0AhdR.V0xz

Telaran

Oops. I did a few drafts of the math, it should be 11% uptime, not 7%.

Soulwalker

I made a MM PVE spec some day ago and I ended up with the exact one that Shaulter posted in the end. In my mind it out-dps's any ranger spec. And also since i have the ranger soul when I solo pve, its funnier to go full out MM in experts.
    Feel free to proove me wrong

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
    I made a MM PVE spec some day ago and I ended up with the exact one that Shaulter posted in the end. In my mind it out-dps's any ranger spec. And also since i have the ranger soul when I solo pve, its funnier to go full out MM in experts.
    Feel free to proove me wrong
    i have tried that at 50 and it is at BEST iver 100 DPS behind unbuffed the 51/15/0 ranger / nightblade / assassin

i tested it for hours yesterday trying to find a petless spec for Scarn... i have t1/t2 gear with a 36 DPS bow and ranger just keeps getting better. i have yet to find a spec that beats my full ranger spec on the dummy or in real use.

Keep in mind with 51 in ranger your pet when buffed is up to 250 DPS alone and takes 95% less AoE damage, the only thing i have seen my pet die to is Scarn (and i think its a bug because his tail cleave is not counting as AoE)

+ Reply to Thread