+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Randomly coming out of stealth... at the worst times

Soulwalker

Default Randomly coming out of stealth... at the worst times

So many times this has gotten me killed in this game

others too

needs to be fixed asap

its almost a game breaker for the assassin soul..

Soulwalker

Default Get improved stealth

Stealth has a 30 second duration, unless you take the improved stealth talent. Damage breaks stealth. Some enemies are better at seeing stealth and getting too close can be dangerous.

Shadowlander

I COULD be wrong but it seems that you enter combat randomly all over the zones which breaks your stealth.

Two things that I noticed; if you have your hand on the mouse and use the mouse to move or just happen to accidentally right click a mob, you will enter combat and/or drop stealth. This is mostly a problem with the right click being default attack and being unable to change that. Also, a bug which I have reported; if you are near a ranger from the other side (Defiant for me) then you will have your stealth broken by their rain of arrows even if you are NOT PvP flagged. I do not think they have fixed this yet but can't be sure. I don't often come across it since I don't see a ton of defiants in my areas of exploration but it is something I noticed as recently as last week.
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
    I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it. - Jack Handey

Rift Disciple

Also, as a sab you can have stealth broken by someone tripping one of your traps, stepping on a mine, and worst of all, charges you have placed on them wearing off. The first two are excusable, but the last one can be kind of crippling.

Soulwalker

I have imp stealth ... it just randomly happens ill vanish and randomly unstealth when no player or mob is around me. its a bug that needs to be fixed. its like the game cant tell that i have my points in imp steath. it is unacceptable to play a class that is reliant off a move that is not 100% working.
    Last edited by stealthin; 03-15-2011 at 07:22 PM.

I've had times where I came out of stealth for no reason at all, not common, but I do think I know what you're talking about. Every time I can recall it happening has been during questing/pve and it hasn't been much of a problem, just means I dont get an out of stealth opener on a target and thus take longer to kill it and lose a bit more health.

I've come across a few other very rare bugs in stealth, such as using one of the openers in stealth and not having it get registered, and it won't do anything at all but still gives you 3 combo points.
    Last edited by JerkSauce; 03-15-2011 at 09:33 PM.

Rift Disciple

i had this problem allot of times allso.
    i think it helps kill 1 moob/player or just relogg

Soulwalker

Default Stealth

I have the perma stealth talent yet all of a sudden all it shows in the tool tip is that I have the 30 secs stealth. It had been working fine until this morning. Any ideas?

Plane Touched

Default Random stealth breaks

I posted this in the rogue bugs thread as well:

Assassin all the way: I am writing this to see if I am the only one, if not, I would like to hope that it is brought to the devs attention and gets fixed.

I have all stealth skills (which includes improved stealth - perma stealth)
    I am 100% assassin aside from +dex from sab and +hit/dodge from bladedancer, so only buffs I have are 2 poisons, and dex buff from BD.

I have now reported it as a bug twice, but I keep randomly breaking stealth. Already mentioned I have improved stealth, no I am not double using it (click twice) to instant cancel it, no nothing is seeing me or giving me the breaking stealth noise.

That being said, I have noticed stealth break at random times at all different types of places. Out in the field, which you could make the arguement that something seen me, but I never hear the breaking stealth noise. I have also played a rogue (assassin) in every MMO I have ever played, so im fair at avoiding danger and never over-estimate my stealth abilities. I have also had stealth break while just standing in town. Yesterday alone I had stealth break 3 times while in town. Two times it happened while I was doing nothing but talking to my guild. The other time I was just walking around. This is mostly an annoyance since I have slip away to dodge any attacks that could potentially happen, but even playing a class based around a certain skill kinda makes you hope that skill works right.

This has been going on for about 2 weeks now. It may have happened more before that, and I just didnt notice and/or did not have improved stealth at the time so I cant say if something change or if it has always been this way.

Please let me know if you are having this problem as well, or if you have any ideas on what could be causing this problem. I am certain it is nothing on my part causing stealth to break, but if it is, I will man up and take credit for stupidity.

Daggerr le Vaurien

Shadowlander

I have noticed a bug like this also with the assassin tree, even with me having improved stealth when i hit a load screen it reverts back to the 30 sec stealth. All I have to do to fix it is switch specs back and forth, see the next time if this happens to you, if there is the timer counting down to the end of stealth.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorpoet View Post
    I have noticed a bug like this also with the assassin tree, even with me having improved stealth when i hit a load screen it reverts back to the 30 sec stealth. All I have to do to fix it is switch specs back and forth, see the next time if this happens to you, if there is the timer counting down to the end of stealth.

I have been noticing several bugs with the rogue class,

for example, as Nightblade, I have a stackable DoT ability, occasionally, I will add a stack to the DoT on mob, the stack will update, and a second later the stack reverts.

So mob has 2 stacks with 5 seconds left -> flame spear thingy -> mob has 3 stackss with 9 seconds left -> half a second later -> mob back to 2 stacks with 5 seconds left, my enegry is gone, no combo point added.

It is not a miss, the stack is updating, and then rolling back to before the application. not game breaking, but very very annoying during my already very full bard rotation to have the dot i am trying to keep stacked roll back on me.

Plane Touched

Default Dont play a nightblade... but...

Quote Originally Posted by ShalarLight View Post
    I have been noticing several bugs with the rogue class,

for example, as Nightblade, I have a stackable DoT ability, occasionally, I will add a stack to the DoT on mob, the stack will update, and a second later the stack reverts.

So mob has 2 stacks with 5 seconds left -> flame spear thingy -> mob has 3 stackss with 9 seconds left -> half a second later -> mob back to 2 stacks with 5 seconds left, my enegry is gone, no combo point added.

It is not a miss, the stack is updating, and then rolling back to before the application. not game breaking, but very very annoying during my already very full bard rotation to have the dot i am trying to keep stacked roll back on me.
    I dont play a nightblade, never have, but is it possible that the stacks work on seperate timers? What I mean is stack one starts at 9 seconds stack 2 (four seconds later) starts at 9 seconds, meaning stack one is now at 5 seconds. Stack 3 will then start with 9, four seconds later stack 1 only has 1 second left, meaning it will wear off leaving 2 stacks with 5 seconds left?

Possible? Or does adding a stack refresh ALL timers? I havent delved into these types of things enough yet to know for sure, but this seems quite possible and not a bug at all.

*edit* Just noticed that the math there doesnt quite work out with the numbers I gave... But still think the 'idea' could be correct.
    Last edited by Daggerr le Vaurien; 03-16-2011 at 08:07 AM.

Plane Touched

*edit* clearing up attempt
    lets say it takes 4 seconds to apply a stack that lasts 10 seconds.
    • apply stack 1 - 10 seconds left
    • 4 seconds later, apply stack 2 - 10 seconds left (stack 1 has 6 seconds left)
    • 4 seconds later, apply stack 3 - 10 seconds left (stack 1 has 2 seconds left [ stack 2 has 6 seconds left])
    • 2 seconds later, stack 1 wears off, stack two has 4 seconds left, stack 3 has 8 seconds left, which means your timer would say 2 stacks at 8 seconds
    • 2 seconds later, you reapply a stack for 10 seconds (new #1) - stack 2 has only 2 seconds left, stack 3 has only 6
    • From here the cycle would follow a similar pattern, where every few seconds you should revert to 2 stacks until a fresh one is reapplied.

Quote Originally Posted by Daggerr le Vaurien View Post
    I dont play a nightblade, never have, but is it possible that the stacks work on seperate timers? What I mean is stack one starts at 9 seconds stack 2 (four seconds later) starts at 9 seconds, meaning stack one is now at 5 seconds. Stack 3 will then start with 9, four seconds later stack 1 only has 1 second left, meaning it will wear off leaving 2 stacks with 5 seconds left?

Possible? Or does adding a stack refresh ALL timers? I havent delved into these types of things enough yet to know for sure, but this seems quite possible and not a bug at all.

*edit* Just noticed that the math there doesnt quite work out with the numbers I gave... But still think the 'idea' could be correct.

No, it is one stack, that is updated with reapplication of the ability, just stacks up to 3 times, and at 3 stacks, just updates the timer when the ability hits again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast