+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogues a great class for doing tank, dsp, and healing roles?

Soulwalker

Default Rogues a great class for doing tank, dsp, and healing roles?

I'm interested in having a very versatile character instead of 2-3 characters and rogue seems to have some options for each of the 3-4 core roles in the game. Are they a good class at each of these roles or is the tanking and healing soul options just tacked on/ crappy?

Rift Chaser

All good, except you can't main/sole heal by your lonesome.

Soulwalker

Tanking is strong. Dps roles are strong. Healing is strong, but you can't target a specific person for heals reliably to be the main healer. As a 32 bard, my parser shows that my hps was equal to the chloromancer healer during boss fights, using Cadence and Coda of Restoration.

Telaran

Your heals on a parser are going to be misleading. All your heals are AoE, not targeted. The only quick steady healing you can do is for 15 seconds every 3 minutes with Virtuoso. And even then its not stellar compared to a main spec healer. With that said, bard is still an awesome support and secondary healer class.

Soulwalker

If you want the ultimate versatile role, it's Cleric. Only real healer (chloro to some degree can compete though), great tanks, great DPS (contrary to many believes).

I would not say that Roguetanking is Strong. In fact it's quite weak when you compare end game tanks. Most good guilds seem to prefer Warriors.

Bard however is an amazing support+AoE healing specc. Don't think that you can soloheal at all, but in raiding environment it's awesome : )

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Pleasedie View Post
    If you want the ultimate versatile role, it's Cleric. Only real healer (chloro to some degree can compete though), great tanks, great DPS (contrary to many believes).

I would not say that Roguetanking is Strong. In fact it's quite weak when you compare end game tanks. Most good guilds seem to prefer Warriors.

Bard however is an amazing support+AoE healing specc. Don't think that you can soloheal at all, but in raiding environment it's awesome : )
    Rogue tanking is EXTREMELY strong.

Having tanked T1/T2 Experts + Raid rifts with no problem at all.

Telaran

They can DPS like kings (Sab, Sin, NB)
    Tank pretty good (RS) - although would have to work for tank gear at end game
    Heal good (Bard) - Although really only backup / support heals. I have main healed a boss in KB because the healer died within 10 seconds of the fight starting - but that was luck really that i pulled it off. Wouldnt be able to do it reliably. They are great in Warfronts, i will generally parse 40-50k healing above anyone else - but its all AOE healing (which is pretty important aswell).

If you want a class that can do them all really good, i hear cleric are the way to go. I tried a cleric, but it was a bit too boring for me (missed stealth, fights go for too long etc) - but be wary: if you go a cleric people will generally expect you to heal 100% of the time. If you dont heal, people will most likely abuse you.

Plane Walker

Its pretty much all been said. I went rogue because I could DPS/Tank/Support. I find I run more instances starting with DPS and finishing bard. I think its possibly the best part of this game. Each class will always be able to fill a role for the most part. I agree that with a cleric though dont be surprised when your asked to heal alot. In fact no one should be surprised when there class is asked to do what they are strongest at lol. I can't count how many times I have ran across clerics without a healer build or warriors without a tank build. Not so much at higher levels but I had to kick a cleric the other night because he didn't have healer build. His LFG just said 44 Cleric. I thought by this level you should at least have 3 builds ready to go, one of them being what your class is supposedly best at.

+ Reply to Thread