+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Quick shot bleed spam - waste?

Soulwalker

Default Quick shot bleed spam - waste?

Kind of a general question about how bleeds tick in Rift. 3/3 improved quick shot gives a 6 second bleed after each quick shot. If you spam quick shot do you constantly refresh the bleed before it ticks?

I'm curious if it's better to tag them with quick shot and switch to another spam shot while the bleed ticks off rather than spam it.

Telaran

From what I understand of bleed in general, I am at work so I cant test this right now, but the first tick of bleed damage is done on application. After that, each 3 (I think) second that passes another tick is done, and on removal the last tick does damage. I am 80% or so certain this is how it works. For quick shot, if I am correct, your bleed damage will do 1/3 damage on hit, 1/3 damage after 3 seconds, and 1/3 damage on removal.

As for spamming quick shot, would you constitute 1/3 of the 33% of the quick shot damage as a "waste" of the points put into it? If this skill was a filler to get to the next tier, then no, but you aren't using it to its full potential.

Telaran

The dot ticks when it applies, again at the 3 second mark, and the final tick when it expires. The macro I posted below is all you need for filler shots.

#show Quick Shot
    cast Piercing Shot
    cast Crippling Shot
    cast Quick Shot

+ Reply to Thread