+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else feel outdone by Warriors?

Plane Touched

Default Anyone else feel outdone by Warriors?

I've just been ganked twice, both times by warriors. First was truly my fault, had a big pull, and only had about 50% hp after it. Second one was from 100% to 0%, and I was looking at the combat log after, and thinking...

I wish... I wish I could do that. 1239 damage titan strike with stun? Can I have one of them please? I either assassinate for high damage, or stun with low damage, please can I have both?

Fiery burst ticking for 189 a pop, can I have that too please? Even my jagged strike doesn't hit that high half the time, and his is repeatable every few seconds

Bullrush charge and root? Where's mine? I have to walk up to them, and hope I don't get seen. Walk 30% slower if I dare step out of the Assassin tree. Nightblade? Nope, 30% slower sorry. Can't have Living Flame and faster stealth.

All in all I just feel like I'm a waste of space, sure, I can spank a mage when he's not being healed, but any Cleric is like scraping a wall with toothpicks, and warriors are like tampering with nuclear weapons with plutonium tweezers and a blowtorch.

Someone tell me I'm not alone in this? I don't care how 1337 some of you claim to be, but someone else has to have experienced this?

Just stay away from Warriors and Clerics. Go for easy targets that aren't OP.
    Understanding the Sab
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...b-is-wild-card

50 Assassin/Riftstalker/Infiltrator
    Prestige 3

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by alucardr View Post
    Just stay away from Warriors and Clerics. Go for easy targets that aren't OP.
    Kinda limiting don't you think? No clerics cause it's a waste of time, no warriors cause it's suicide, and any mage with dom is going to watch you hop around for long time.

Why don't I just re-roll warrior and do what the rest do and macro easy mode?

Since reaching the lv30-39 bracket I have considered rolling a warrior many times. From what I hear they get even more powerful at lv50. Not only do they do crazy damage but they are extremely resilient in good (valor) gear so they are often ignored by PUG dps and are left to wreck havoc.

The only reason I've hesitated is because I think Champions may get nerfed considering all the complaints on the forums. Then again Trion seems to not pay too much attention to the forums (look at Sabs).

Don't reroll. If they really are imbalanced they will be nerfed, and then you will be back at square one. Just play a class because you like it, not because you can destroy every class 1v1.

Editing a post is not an admission of error, it is the application of an improved content patch.

My only succesful fight again Champ was with Sab

Rift Disciple

They'll get a nerf eventually.

With 7400hp, 4500ish armor and my mitigation buff up, I had a single champ bumrush me (while I was surrounded by 4 teammates, and a cleric healer as I had the flag in the warfront), and managed to burn me down all the way. Healer told me her heals were landing for 1-2 or something too ;x I even re-called to the green orb for life and it gave me 1hp a tick. Chances are someone else was there and stacked a -heal thing on top of the champ's -heal proc.

And yeah, at 50 they're critting for the occasional 2200~, and can still destroy you in a single stun lock if you're an assassin or other squishy type. My advice is to have multiple roles, give up on playing assassin when there are loads of champs about if we're talking about Warfronts.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsession View Post
    I've just been ganked twice, both times by warriors. First was truly my fault, had a big pull, and only had about 50% hp after it. Second one was from 100% to 0%, and I was looking at the combat log after, and thinking...

I wish... I wish I could do that. 1239 damage titan strike with stun? Can I have one of them please? I either assassinate for high damage, or stun with low damage, please can I have both?

Fiery burst ticking for 189 a pop, can I have that too please? Even my jagged strike doesn't hit that high half the time, and his is repeatable every few seconds

Bullrush charge and root? Where's mine? I have to walk up to them, and hope I don't get seen. Walk 30% slower if I dare step out of the Assassin tree. Nightblade? Nope, 30% slower sorry. Can't have Living Flame and faster stealth.

All in all I just feel like I'm a waste of space, sure, I can spank a mage when he's not being healed, but any Cleric is like scraping a wall with toothpicks, and warriors are like tampering with nuclear weapons with plutonium tweezers and a blowtorch.

Someone tell me I'm not alone in this? I don't care how 1337 some of you claim to be, but someone else has to have experienced this?
    How about you get 50% less stun duration?
    How about you get a break free?
    How about you disarming the warrior?
    How about you stunning the warrior?
    There are so many options to the rogue and dps that you need to l2p and not complain. Put your points right or do not fight those who you have specced to be soft against.
    Defiant, since I trust in knowledge.
    Defiant, since religion is false.

Quote Originally Posted by Acro View Post
    They'll get a nerf eventually.

With 7400hp, 4500ish armor and my mitigation buff up, I had a single champ bumrush me (while I was surrounded by 4 teammates, and a cleric healer as I had the flag in the warfront), and managed to burn me down all the way. Healer told me her heals were landing for 1-2 or something too ;x I even re-called to the green orb for life and it gave me 1hp a tick. Chances are someone else was there and stacked a -heal thing on top of the champ's -heal proc.

And yeah, at 50 they're critting for the occasional 2200~, and can still destroy you in a single stun lock if you're an assassin or other squishy type. My advice is to have multiple roles, give up on playing assassin when there are loads of champs about if we're talking about Warfronts.
    You kidding me? A stun of 5s lastas 2.5s in pvp and if you l2p a 5s stun will last for only 1.25s unless you break it.

Quote Originally Posted by IceDread View Post
    How about you get 50% less stun duration?
    How about you get a break free?
    How about you disarming the warrior?
    How about you stunning the warrior?
    There are so many options to the rogue and dps that you need to l2p and not complain. Put your points right or do not fight those who you have specced to be soft against.
    You kidding me? A stun of 5s lastas 2.5s in pvp and if you l2p a 5s stun will last for only 1.25s unless you break it.
    No edit option...

So you to be clear, no I do not feel like I'm out done by warriors on my rogue. More often than not I play with warriors with my specs. All thou most people are still new to the game so that might change.

No edit option...

So you to be clear, no I do not feel like I'm out done by warriors on my rogue. More often than not I play with warriors with my specs. All thou most people are still new to the game so that might change.
    Way to post 3 times in a row!

Warriors will be nerfed every class in the game wants them nerfed EVERY class.

on a side note buff assassins there dmg is way to spreed out & they need a on crit healing debuff bad.

Telaran

well if you PVE, watch your back.

But in fair PVP situation, rogues should spend 12 points into infiltrator ATLEAST:
    25% less damage from AoE, pointless vs warrior, good vs mages
    50% damage reduction for 4 seconds when stunned or rooted
    2 seconds reduced stun duration

THAT counters pretty much every Rogue and Warrior who like to burst when target cant move (stun or root).

If you are PVE rogue, i suggest going BladeDancer, probably gives most chance to retaliate... just sucks vs sabs.

Quote Originally Posted by RJTravis View Post
    Way to post 3 times in a row!

Warriors will be nerfed every class in the game wants them nerfed EVERY class.

on a side note buff assassins there dmg is way to spreed out & they need a on crit healing debuff bad.
    Way to reply with no information at all.

You are probably right thou, those who does not know what counter measures are and those who wants easy mode probably agrees with you.

Default well

look at the parses ! ... then you might see that the warriors are op atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Dartox View Post
    look at the parses ! ... then you might see that the warriors are op atm.

Pretty much this ^^ .

Warriors hit pretty damn hard and have a bunch of control ATM.
    It's very hard for a class/spec to counter a warrior when they die in seconds and even if you get a little range they will spam that spear on you (hitting much harder than it should) and Bull Rush is on such a short CD that you will be stunned again.

I am not only speaking R Vs W this goes for all classes.
    That's my opinion from the experience I've had with warriors.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast