+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stalker phase ?!

Default Stalker phase ?!

I can see you got 15 % damage increase after only to teleports or after any teleport .It is bad that we dont have our damage increase after all teleports ..

Champion

Only after the teleports that put you behind them, shadow assault and shadow stalk.

would be nice if it was all of them or just all the time but its at least great for assassins.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasorine View Post
    Only after the teleports that put you behind them, shadow assault and shadow stalk.

would be nice if it was all of them or just all the time but its at least great for assassins.
    So bad ..it will be nice after all teleports to have dps increased :/

Champion

technically if you put a few points into the rift stalker skill ruthless stalker (crit boost after ANY warp) you will get a boost to all warps, just a bigger boost to the 2 stalking warps.

My understanding is that the 15% damage bonus was all of the time, and only the threat reduction part was based on teleport.

Champion

nope unfortunately its both parts are only active for 10s after using shadow stalk or shadow assault, can check the tooltip of the buff you get when you warp to get confirmation of this.

I've never used it, but since that is the case that's 3 points free to put into another tree.

Champion

3 points?

Take it not finding shadow stalk to be much use either? I find its a nice little tool for both clearing stuns and such AND fleeing (it works on friendlies so you can warp back to your group if in range)

Shield of Telara

What is so hard about this. You only really need to use it once per fight and it will last most of the fight. Just run up and use stalk/assualt to get behind, boom your buff is up. If it goes down run out wide and use it again boom, buff is up.

...what is bad or difficult about this? its super ****ing simple. Find something worthwhile to complain about.

Champion

both abilities that cause it have a 30 second cooldown minimum Blackzilla, many fights specially end game last a lot longer than 20 seconds leaving the buff down for 1/3rd the time of fighting.

And of course many fights require you not to be in melee range regardless of beind behind them or not.

Also why the hell would you run out wide again? theres no minimum range on the warps.
    Last edited by Dasorine; 03-15-2011 at 03:26 PM.

I use Stalker Phase in both Pve and PvP.

In PvP, it can work well as a burst phase. Say you were Sin/RS. Shadow Stalk to target (buff is now up) > Assassinate > Puncture > Finisher.

You got a decent 15% damage on that finisher. Then your Warrior opponent (cuz really, who else do you fight these days?) stuns you > Shadow Stalk (buff up again ) > Foul Play > Etc.

Bear in mind that when you do those shifts, you are also stacking 15% critical hit rate and your absorption shield (and immunities to stuns/roots or runspeed if you specced that way).

Granted, I don't think it's "fair", but it is alot of fun. It's part of the challenge to get the buff up at the right time for the most damage.

In PvE, I find it useful enough. Less threat, more damage = happy dps. Especially on heavy aoe pulls. that -15% aggro can save your life.
    Last edited by Satiar; 03-15-2011 at 03:33 PM.
    Officer of Legacy, Keenblade.

Prestige Rank 8 -- 4/10 HK -- Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Dasorine View Post
    3 points?

Take it not finding shadow stalk to be much use either? I find its a nice little tool for both clearing stuns and such AND fleeing (it works on friendlies so you can warp back to your group if in range)
    I have rifstalker specced for the purpose of acquiring rift scavenger. I was considering 3 more for Stalker phase, but I feel that those points would be better spent elsewhere if it is post teleport only.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by mambome View Post
    I have rifstalker specced for the purpose of acquiring rift scavenger. I was considering 3 more for Stalker phase, but I feel that those points would be better spent elsewhere if it is post teleport only.
    was just wondering if you thought the 1 point to get shadow stalk wasn't worth it, I don't feel its a bad cost for whats essentially a 45second base cooldown de-snare/stun/root that can also be used for getaways.

+ Reply to Thread