+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sabos need to have ranged autoattack. They attack at range.

Plane Touched

Default Sabos need to have ranged autoattack. They attack at range.

The sabo soul should count as a ranged soul, like ranger or marksman. We should be fighting with a gun/bow in hand. I would like this primarily for aesthetic reasons, as it will not help dps basically at all. It would also allow for more synergy between other rogue souls (mostly nightblade, but i guess bladedancer as well).

Do it Trion! Guns and bomb throwing go together!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Bartimus View Post
    The sabo soul should count as a ranged soul, like ranger or marksman. We should be fighting with a gun/bow in hand. I would like this primarily for aesthetic reasons, as it will not help dps basically at all. It would also allow for more synergy between other rogue souls (mostly nightblade, but i guess bladedancer as well).

Do it Trion! Guns and bomb throwing go together!
    I am not sure they can. One sab talent makes bomb throwing not agro mobs. With this you can slap five combo points onto a mob before your tank pulls with no danger. If sabs did auto ranged attack that would be impossible and the talent pointless.

Plane Touched

Trion turns auto attack off when you use something like that. Right now, if you spec into Sab and ranger/mm then you will use a ranged autoattack, but ONLY if one of your 3 souls is ranger/mm.

Right now, I can sap at range (using NB stealth) and my auto attack will not go off. I can load up charges and time bombs, and my auto attack will not go off. The second i hit detonate, and the mob agros, my ranged auto attack goes off. So basically, as long as you pick ranger/mm it works perfectly!

All I want is for Trion to make the same true when you pick Sab/Sin/NB (the most common Sab spec). And like i said, the dps increase is totally negligible. I want it to happen because then my Sab is running around with a gun in hand, as opposed to daggers/sword/axes.

As a ranged attack soul, we should have a ranged auto attack! Correct me if I am wrong here, but without picking ranger/mm, there will be no ranged auto attack for you UNLESS you manually activate it. I will try and make a macro that does this now, but the macros in Rift have been.... uneventful... so i do not expect it to work.
    Last edited by Bartimus; 03-15-2011 at 01:11 PM.

Plane Touched

i think sab is sort of designed to be a non-attack soul

their damage is all from bombs and booby traps, actually attacking the target is not part of the equation for them.

also from a pvp standpoint the gun fire or arrow animations would just help betray your presence and location and be more of a downside than anything.
    Should be happy your the caster of rogue specs, there is a lot of nasty stuff in this game that requires being attacked to trigger

Plane Touched

I suppose your right... but I still wish I was carrying a gun around instead of 2 friggin axes. I just think the gun looks bad ***. Plus, Trion put some really cool gun skins into this game, with bayonets and what not.

Guess I will just have to kiss my gun goodbye. I am specing out of ranger tonight, into the ironically named 'Mercy spec', after the adamantly mathematical poster who figured it out.

Ascendant

don't kid yourself. giving sabs a working autoattack when standing still would be a very nice boost to pvp dps.

also - as I am a saboteur, please make this change, thanks!

Champion

You'll still HAVE your gun, and of course just having ranger or mm soul equiped gives you the ranged expert passive that auto switches to ranged.

Alternatively could put your ranged auto attack button on your hot bar somewhere easily accessible.

Set up your charge skills as macros like this.

#show blast charge
    cast [alt] toggle ranged attack
    cast blast charge

When you want to set up silently, just chuck blast charges like normal and then when you detonate it will start auto-attacking.

When you want to auto-attack right away, right after you throw your charge hold alt and hit the key again and you'll start autoattacking.

There's no way to throw a charge and initiate auto-attacking with one click/pess.

It also helps to just have the toggle ranged attack skill somewhere on your action bars so that you can see from the icon whether or not you're autoattacking.

Or just use the toggle ranged attack skill on it's own without a macro.
    Last edited by Necromas; 03-15-2011 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartimus View Post
    Trion turns auto attack off when you use something like that. Right now, if you spec into Sab and ranger/mm then you will use a ranged autoattack, but ONLY if one of your 3 souls is ranger/mm.

Right now, I can sap at range (using NB stealth) and my auto attack will not go off. I can load up charges and time bombs, and my auto attack will not go off. The second i hit detonate, and the mob agros, my ranged auto attack goes off. So basically, as long as you pick ranger/mm it works perfectly!

All I want is for Trion to make the same true when you pick Sab/Sin/NB (the most common Sab spec). And like i said, the dps increase is totally negligible. I want it to happen because then my Sab is running around with a gun in hand, as opposed to daggers/sword/axes.

As a ranged attack soul, we should have a ranged auto attack! Correct me if I am wrong here, but without picking ranger/mm, there will be no ranged auto attack for you UNLESS you manually activate it. I will try and make a macro that does this now, but the macros in Rift have been.... uneventful... so i do not expect it to work.
    startrangedattack in your macro will work

Quote Originally Posted by Necromas View Post
    Set up your charge skills as macros like this.

#show blast charge
    cast [alt] toggle ranged attack
    cast blast charge

When you want to set up silently, just chuck blast charges like normal and then when you detonate it will start auto-attacking.

When you want to auto-attack right away, right after you throw your charge hold alt and hit the key again and you'll start autoattacking.

There's no way to throw a charge and initiate auto-attacking with one click/pess.

It also helps to just have the toggle ranged attack skill somewhere on your action bars so that you can see from the icon whether or not you're autoattacking.

Or just use the toggle ranged attack skill on it's own without a macro.
    cast [alt] toggle ranged attack will turn your attack on and off over and over each time you hit that in the macro, you should use startrangedattack

+ Reply to Thread