+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SAb/Bard/...

Soulwalker

Default SAb/Bard/...

I am relatively new to the game and I am looking for some help.

I like the idea of the support aspect of the Bard combined with the damage potential of the Sab. is this a feasible combo?

If so can anyone give me an idea of what a good build would look like?

Lastly, what a good third class might go well with this combo. I was looking at ranger for the pet but I don't know that it goes well with the previous 2.

Thanks in advance,
    Rutger
    Last edited by Rutger; 03-15-2011 at 12:19 PM. Reason: spelling

my bard/sab spec has 8 in nightblade for ranged sap.

it's the only spec i know that in the low 40s bracket that can solo lvl 50 elites as mobs dont get DR from mez and blast charge/detonate never misses.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Shield of Telara

I took Ranger for my third class, so my Boar does my tanking for me. Unbeatable!!

Well imo, the bard heal is only a channeled aoe that you'd be doing instead of putting on charges... Would the aoe heals while soloing be > than the damage of a mob or two?

The boar indeed is a great leveling aid, but it stops leveling with you at 30 unless you get the greater version, which is what got me interested in the bard healing question.

Did they fix the servers yet?

Quote Originally Posted by joen00b View Post
    I took Ranger for my third class, so my Boar does my tanking for me. Unbeatable!!
    That's the most stupid idea I've ever heard, no offense - as bard, you practically *are* a tank.

When faced with a single elite: Sap, Apply 5 charges, detonate, Sap rinse and repeat until mob is dead -> don't hit with anything else since it would break the sap, this includes pets

When faced with groups of regulars: Cadence, Power Chord, Coda of Fury until all mobs dead.

Best soloing build for bards is Bard/Riftstalker/Sab, sab is only there to kill elites and riftstalker is there for the attack power buff, damage reduced / healing done buffs and the +endurance selfbuff.

Also Cadence is single-target (it just heals AoE, but damages single-target) and yes, you can easily out-heal several mobs attacking you even at level 40-50.

The best rotation for single target DPS is: Cadence, Cadence (let it channel to the end, even if you waste a combo point), Coda of Fury; the best rotation for AoE DPS is: Cadence, Power Chord, Coda of Wrath
    Last edited by nand chan; 03-15-2011 at 03:35 PM.

Rift Disciple

The ranger is not a stupid choice and is very good until you get to lvl 30. Then the pet is not as useful. leveling up to 30 though the pet is the best option. Mobs should never reach you and the pet is a super aggro magnet. You can peel several mobs off of you with it and heal it and just keep going all day. So to the above poster no offense taken but your words should have been chosen more carefully to get your point across. Think before typing for the win. Again as several posters have said like myself after 30 the pet is not necessary. I am Sab/NB/Ranger now but i will be switching to Sab/Bard/--- later to farm elites. You have a lot of versitality here so play around with it and see what you want. I believe you have to go 34Bard and rest Sab to mez/Det/Mez etc etc. So be thinking about that.
    Last edited by Dakkhon; 03-15-2011 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkhon View Post
    The ranger is not a stupid choice and is very good until you get to lvl 30. Then the pet is not as useful. leveling up to 30 though the pet is the best option. Mobs should never reach you and the pet is a super aggro magnet. You can peel several mobs off of you with it and heal it and just keep going all day. So to the above poster no offense taken but your words should have been chosen more carefully to get your point across. Think before typing for the win. Again as several posters have said like myself after 30 the pet is not necessary. I am Sab/NB/Ranger now but i will be switching to Sab/Bard/--- later to farm elites. You have a lot of versitality here so play around with it and see what you want. I believe you have to go 34Bard and rest Sab to mez/Det/Mez etc etc. So be thinking about that.
    Yes... but before level 30 it's not as efficient to level with bard in your setup. You should just be going Ranger/Nightblade/Sin or MM/Ranger/NB or something until level 35+, then switch to Bard/RS/Sab.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by nand chan View Post
    Yes... but before level 30 it's not as efficient to level with bard in your setup. You should just be going Ranger/Nightblade/Sin or MM/Ranger/NB or something until level 35+, then switch to Bard/RS/Sab.
    Odd - I am levelling up super quick with Ranger/Bard/MM.
    12 points in bard; 4 in MM; rest in ranger thus far.

+ Reply to Thread