+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just hit 50 with my sin...

Default Just hit 50 with my sin...

Ok as the title says, i just dinged 50 with my assassin.

Atm im Assassin/heavy RS/BD for the evade.

I just joined a new guild and hit level 50 at more or less the same time. I have just started doing expert dungeons and have noticed that my DPS just isnt cutting it. Infact im being carried to tell the truth.

I made another role with 51 sin/15 NB/0 RS. The DPS was much much better, my problem is that my first love is PvP and after trying multiple warfronts and world PvP i just couldnt get this build to work. I was constantly CC'ed with slip away being my only real CC breaker.

I know that you can have different roles for PvE and PvP but i must just be getting old because i cant just slip in and out of different builds, it takes me a while to get the feel for a build but once i do im usualy above average at PvP. I need one build that can cut it in dungeons and in PvP, something i can get used to so the attacks and counter attacks become second nature to me.

Firstly i would like to say that Ran/MM/Sab doesnt interest me in the slightest. I love melee and love to burn down my opponents and use all the skills at my disposal.
    Im total rubbish at theory crafting, i will always come up with the total opposite to what realy works. I usualy search the forums and find a thread with builds that look like they could work for me, then tailor them to suit my playsyle.

Im interested in NB, but as we have all seen you cant have a serious discussion on them without the fightclub messing it up, i have yet to see a thread with a valid NB PvPvE build i could build around.
    The other soul of interest to me is BD, on paper this soul should rock. However, nobody seems to play them or at least PvP with them.
    Assassin i already know about, i know their strengths and all their weaknesses. Its been an eye opener playing assassin at lvl50 in warfronts let me tell you.

Anyway, im rambling now.
    Any and all help is appreciated
    http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/any/2/2/3/7/7/4322377PXOFX.png Only the dead have seen the end of war

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Arcticred View Post
    I need one build that can cut it in dungeons and in PvP
    In any well-designed game, there is no such thing.
    Pessimistick - <Esti Efiu> - Mage - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Esti Efiu> - Rogue - Guardian - Sunrest
    Uchimata - <Esti Efiu> - Cleric - Guardian - Sunrest
    Noppi - <Esti Efiu> - Warrior - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Spike Flail> - Ner'zhul

Cant give much advice on melee rogues as I mainly play ranged, but congratulations on 50 all the same !

Shield of Telara

Honestly, all moronic fight club references aside, NB is the solution to your problem.

In PvP it gives you more utility simply by the fact that you can keep better range before closing and throwing down your burst to melt people. Also it has a nice silence +dmg move from Stealth for taking out those pesky clerics before they can pop heals off and cc you to be burned down by others. As well as a ranged snare + dmg if spec'd into it. Also the 51 pt NB ability is monstrous in PvP.

This 51NB/15 Sin also performs quite well in PvE content. Purely from a preferential stand point I far prefer NB over Sin. They have a lot of the same mechanics +dmg tree talents for their skills and blade enchants. Just one is primarily magic dmg while the other is primarily physical with a touch of water from the poisons. Both have the potential to be at the top of rogue dps lists in the hands of a decent player. Also NB gives you a bit more AoE dmg from Fiery Chains spam for trash in dungeons which is great for those pulls full of non elites where they burn down fast.

I am really growing tired of the NB fightclub BS lol. Its idiotic and I have witnessed it turn people away from the soul simply because of the response they get on these forums, lol. (I do find that somewhat amusing but also feel kinda bad for people who are just trying to get some information).

Any TL;DR is go with a 43/17/6 NB/Sin/BD (great build if just starting experts and dont have any/much +hit on gear for the +hit talent in BD tree) or 51/15 NB/Sin (better once you have +hit gear and dont need the BD talent as it gives you access to Living Flame 51pt which is massive dmg even on single target and few other niceties).

NB IS YOUR ANSWER :P.

P.S. As a side note. You are really going to be hard pressed to find a build that performs at peak levels in both PvE and PvP content for Rift. The game is designed with the soul system and people mixing-matching to fit whatever role they need. That being the case 1 role to fit them all does not really apply here.
    Last edited by BlackZilla; 03-15-2011 at 12:18 PM.

Rift Disciple

There's no one spec that will do it all....Which is why you have four roles to select from.

Nightblade is far and away the best melee rogue in PvE and PvP though. They just happen to be different specs.
    WoW - Deadenlol/Cika/Vyka/Deaden - 6 Time Gladiator DK/Warrior/Rogue - Whisperwind (US)
    Rift - Deaden - Rogue - Lotham (US)
    DAoC - Fraletlan - r50 rr10 Smite Cleric - Iseult

Dispelling rogue myths one at a time
    Yes, you can parse over 1k as a rogue.
    No, marksman is not an awful tree.
    Target dummies do not give an accurate representation of raid performance. Stop it.

Thanks for the answers so far, its all apreciated.

And i do realise that there wont be a single build that will do both roles 100%, but i just feel like a mush when im stood there while the boss is doing its AoE thing and i cant attack.

Like i said in my OP, it takes me a while to get into a role. It took me from lvl30 to +-40 to get full controll of my sin/RS. Thats why changing isnt an easy thing for me to contemplate. I read all of the NB posts, but they dont realy give much insight into rotations, or what skills can be completely dropped from your rotation etc. (PvP im hinting at here)

I know it might sound like im asking for someone to give me a build and then play it for me, but im not. I just want a starting place so i know what skills are important and waht is trash. After a few days, when i start finding my feet ill replace the ones that dont fit my playsyle with those that do, if you get my meaning.

PS: the build im looking for will be mainly focused on PvP, but at the same time wont have to be carried in the way my Sin/RS was.
    Last edited by Arcticred; 03-15-2011 at 12:30 PM.
    http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/any/2/2/3/7/7/4322377PXOFX.png Only the dead have seen the end of war

Quote Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
    In any well-designed game, there is no such thing.
    unless you dont mind throwing bombs in pve... any pvp sabo build has the max dps potential of the sabo class thus going to pve is simple since you dont have to change any points around at all. someone posted a parse of 700dps as a pvp spec'd sabo (24sin/29sab/13nb)
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    unless you dont mind throwing bombs in pve... any pvp sabo build has the max dps potential of the sabo class thus going to pve is simple since you dont have to change any points around at all. someone posted a parse of 700dps as a pvp spec'd sabo (24sin/29sab/13nb)
    Except that there aren't enough points to get PvP utility skills and compulsory PvE skills in the same build, of course.

Edit: You can get close, but it's still not the same spec for both.
    Last edited by PessimiStick; 03-15-2011 at 12:42 PM.
    Pessimistick - <Esti Efiu> - Mage - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Esti Efiu> - Rogue - Guardian - Sunrest
    Uchimata - <Esti Efiu> - Cleric - Guardian - Sunrest
    Noppi - <Esti Efiu> - Warrior - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Spike Flail> - Ner'zhul

Stay on track please guys, i was asking for a discussion and tips for NB, BD.

A few tricks that the tool tips dont tell you, not for this to end up in a discussion about sabs.

+ Reply to Thread