+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PvP/PK Rogue Build

Default PvP/PK Rogue Build

Heya guys i'm new to Rift (Haven't even played yet) but allready planning out builds and stuff I really like Rogue/Stealthy classes in every MMORPG I play and obviously want one here to.

My question though Rift character optimizing goes prettttttty deep being able to get 3 different skill tree's so now my questing for the more veterans/beta players of Rift

What Soul Setup is good for a PK/PvP Rogue!? I heared Assassin/Bard/Bladedancer come by alot and Bladedancer/Riftstalker/Nightblade there just so many options but I know there's always this 1 kind of CookieCutter setup that goes around.

So people of Rift could you help me out

~ Greetings Sakray

Telaran

Perhaps you could, erm, let's see, PLAY, LEVEL UP, and see for yourself the one you like the most? lol
    But probably the one most people use is Sin/Riftstalker/Infiltrator or even Saboteur for the AoE slow.

I saw that Infiltrator is a PvP soul how do you get that or is that also just an option you can take?

But yea obviously it would make sense to play and find out but I don't want to be leveling a char that turns out not to be doing so well later on that would be a waste of time don't you think ^^

Infiltrator soul is bought with favor (translation: honor) and you can only go up so far in the tree depending on your pvp rep. The more rep, the higher you can put points.

Quote Originally Posted by SAKRAY View Post
    I saw that Infiltrator is a PvP soul how do you get that or is that also just an option you can take?

But yea obviously it would make sense to play and find out but I don't want to be leveling a char that turns out not to be doing so well later on that would be a waste of time don't you think ^^
    That's why you can respec to something else. Some builds don't really become effective until the 30s. Others are for end-game. Just play the game dude.

Telaran

Yep, as mentioned just play the game however you want. You can respec, and add up to 4 roles, so there is plenty of room for tinkering over time. What you choose at level 1 is assuredly not going to be what you end up with at level 50. I have all 4 roles unlocked and respec different ones all the time to try out different builds.
    Choochx -- 50 Rogue
    <Out of Range>
    Regulos (PvP) -- Guardian

Ow wow oke I didn't know you can respec your souls man what a relieve i'm such an perfectionist was so afraid to make a faulty move. What are the cost of respeccing though!? Another thing what you guys mean with 4 roles? You only have 3 soulslots right?

Soulwalker

Role 1
    Assassin/bard/RS

Role 2
    BD/RS/bard

Role 3
    MM/Ranger/Assassin

Role 4
    Sab/ranger/bard

Oops, I'm in Role 3 and I made a mistake... respec... fixed. Cost is negligible compared to the flow of income.

Also of note if you didn't know. You can acquire all the calling's souls. You aren't stuck with the first 3 you get.
    Last edited by Prylak; 03-15-2011 at 01:59 PM.

Oh wow pretty sweet but how does it work with the skillpoints like if i replace my 1 calling with another do I get the same amount of skill points back that was in the previous calling?

make yourself a favor and roll a warrior instead.
    Last edited by Atreiu; 03-15-2011 at 06:03 PM.

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

Rift Chaser

Oh wow pretty sweet but how does it work with the skillpoints like if i replace my 1 calling with another do I get the same amount of skill points back that was in the previous calling?
    You leave the tutorial with one role and three souls. At level 13, you can do (trivially easy) quests to unlock all the other souls for your class. You can also purchase additional roles. The second role costs a song, the third role is easily affordable in your 20's, and the fourth role is affordable in your 30's or 40's.

You get 1 spec point per level, and an additional point at every level divisible by three (lvl 3,6,9,12,etc...) for a total of 66 points at level 50.

The cost to respec a role is determined by the number of points you've assigned in that role, but is always cheap. You get all your points back when you respec, and can change the souls, too.

Orphan <Prophecy>

Reb
    Plane Walker

Heya guys i'm new to Rift (Haven't even played yet) but allready planning out builds and stuff I really like Rogue/Stealthy classes in every MMORPG I play and obviously want one here to.

My question though Rift character optimizing goes prettttttty deep being able to get 3 different skill tree's so now my questing for the more veterans/beta players of Rift

What Soul Setup is good for a PK/PvP Rogue!? I heared Assassin/Bard/Bladedancer come by alot and Bladedancer/Riftstalker/Nightblade there just so many options but I know there's always this 1 kind of CookieCutter setup that goes around.

~ Greetings Sakray
    Best thing about Rift is that there is not a cookie cutter setup. And, another good thing IMO, is that the typical PK/PVP Rogue is real squishy after initial rush.

I have 3 different roles on my rogue, all are good in their own way. None is what you are expecting to get by this question. My assassin role is the closest you're going to come to what you're looking for but the result are not what you are looking for. Not really possible in this game to backstab gank and kill in 2 blows.

Plane Touched

~ Greetings Sakray

So far, I've found the Assassin/Bladedancer/Riftstalker to be a great combo for stealth PvP/Ganking. It really gets good when you get the *** skill that allows for indefinite stealth. Be sure to pick up movement speed skill in *** as well. The 51 point *** skill is a real life saver when ganking goes bad.

I know a lot of people who love Bladedancer for PvP, and it is good, but you lose a lof of the *** stealth that is important for ganking.

I'm sure there might be better builds than mine, but so far so good in the mid-30's.

+ Reply to Thread