+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Bladedancers->how to move reactive ability positions

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    14

    Default Bladedancers->how to move reactive ability positions

    Hi, so there are 2 abilitys on bladedancers that you can use only when you dodge an attack, my problem is that when they become useable, they show up on the very bottom right side or my screen by default. (Yes i have them on my regular ability bar too but once again, but cant tell if they are useable)

    Sometimes, especially in pvp, I cant even see that they are ready since the quest logs are shifted over them.

    Anyone know how to move this around? Since they only pop up when I dodge its kinda hard to play around with the UI.

  2. #2
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    66

    Default

    You could make a macro.

  3. #3
    Plane Touched Hakblood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xandinho View Post
    You could make a macro.
    go to your UI settings and move it to where ever you want it to pop up. Mine pops up right over my avatars head. Works great, you can mouse click it too and since my mouse is usually centered on my screenwhile i mouse look and whatnot, i was able to completely take reactives off my hotbars to make room for other skills.
    <The League of Monster Slayers>

  4. #4
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    621

    Default

    I dont understand.

    1 they pop up on your screen when usable showing they are available. you say you have a hard time noticing them which is understandable if they are in an odd position. (personally mine show up around the action bars so i always notice).

    2 If the first method isnt any good put them on your action bar. When they arent available they are grayed out. When they are available they are lit up say "USE ME USE ME!!!!".

    Not that hard to notice really. Sometimes they are grey, this means you cant use them. Sometimes they are lit up, this means you can use them.
    Last edited by BlackZilla; 03-15-2011 at 11:07 AM.

  5. #5
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackZilla View Post
    I dont understand.

    1 they pop up on your screen when usable showing they are available. you say you have a hard time noticing them which is understandable if they are in an odd position. (personally mine show up around the action bars so i always notice).

    2 If the first method isnt any good put them on your action bar. When they arent available they are grayed out. When they are available they are lit up say "USE ME USE ME!!!!".

    Not that hard to notice really. Sometimes they are grey, this means you cant use them. Sometimes they are lit up, this means you can use them.
    Thats what i was saying, in pve it is fine, in pvp for some reason the point counter shifts my quest queue where the reactive abilities pop up so I sometimes dont notice that they are useable.

    I will try what was suggested, thanks for the replies.

  6. #6
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,622

    Default

    Move your reactives window somewhere more obvious, make it x4 scale, and like 50% opacity. Impossible to miss.
    Pessimistick - <Esti Efiu> - Mage - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Esti Efiu> - Rogue - Guardian - Sunrest
    Uchimata - <Esti Efiu> - Cleric - Guardian - Sunrest
    Noppi - <Esti Efiu> - Warrior - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Spike Flail> - Ner'zhul

  7. #7
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vegetableknife View Post
    Thats what i was saying, in pve it is fine, in pvp for some reason the point counter shifts my quest queue where the reactive abilities pop up so I sometimes dont notice that they are useable.

    I will try what was suggested, thanks for the replies.
    Ya I have noticed sometimes that will happen too. That is why I keep them on the hotbar so when I see them light up I hit them. In PvE I just use the pop ups. PvP I get the same sort of issue you are describing.
    Keeping them up on the hotbars should help you see them a bit better as they do pretty obviously light up when they are available as opposed to how they look when inactive on your hotbar.

    I think I may have even moved them over a bit more towards center screen for the pop up in the UI editor. That way it didnt get covered up so much.

    And if you do like the guy above me says and make them 2 or 3x larger then they are really hard to miss.
    Last edited by BlackZilla; 03-15-2011 at 11:15 AM.

  8. #8
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Pick your most Clicked Button on your action bar and Slave the Reactive ability to it maybe?

    Code:
    show abilityname
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Highestpriortyreactive
    cast reactives
    cast mainabilitywhennotusingreactive
    Like for my shaman..

    Code:
    show crushing blow
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast glory of the chosen
    cast jolt
    cast fated blow
    cast crushing blow
    alot of people slave more than that to a single button. but I find keeping all your general abilites just on CD's and GCD on the bar lets me play higher skilled than one button pressing.
    this just takes the guesswork out of hitting those reactive abilites.

  9. #9
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morrisa View Post
    Pick your most Clicked Button on your action bar and Slave the Reactive ability to it maybe?

    Code:
    show abilityname
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Highestpriortyreactive
    cast reactives
    cast mainabilitywhennotusingreactive
    Like for my shaman..

    Code:
    show crushing blow
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast glory of the chosen
    cast jolt
    cast fated blow
    cast crushing blow
    alot of people slave more than that to a single button. but I find keeping all your general abilites just on CD's and GCD on the bar lets me play higher skilled than one button pressing.
    this just takes the guesswork out of hitting those reactive abilites.
    You should have your reactives after your spam ability as a Cleric. Clerics are entirely GCD limited, and delaying a GCD ability because your macro ate the button-press for a reactive instead of your spam ability is lost DPS. It's minor in the single case, but over long fights you can lose a non-trivial amount of "cast time" to it, depending on how fast you're mashing your macro.
    Pessimistick - <Esti Efiu> - Mage - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Esti Efiu> - Rogue - Guardian - Sunrest
    Uchimata - <Esti Efiu> - Cleric - Guardian - Sunrest
    Noppi - <Esti Efiu> - Warrior - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Spike Flail> - Ner'zhul

  10. #10
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
    You should have your reactives after your spam ability as a Cleric. Clerics are entirely GCD limited, and delaying a GCD ability because your macro ate the button-press for a reactive instead of your spam ability is lost DPS. It's minor in the single case, but over long fights you can lose a non-trivial amount of "cast time" to it, depending on how fast you're mashing your macro.
    Can you please explain in more detail how this works? Is it because reactives are not on gcd?

  11. #11
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga
    Posts
    80

    Default

    You may just want to reset your UI and then drag the reactive icon to where you want it, mines just to the right of my head.

    This is what I have setup as a macro for spamming CP builders/reactives, so it doesnt even matter when/where they appear.

    In order of priority...

    suppressmacrofailures
    cast disengage
    cast reprisal
    cast precision strike
    cast quick strike
    cast keen strike

    Only problem i've run into is when you're low on energy, sometimes it bypasses precision and uses keen instead, so you may want to pool a bit of energy when you notice that you are low. Combat efficiency and Vivacity help with that problem though.

  12. #12
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lustmoerder View Post
    Can you please explain in more detail how this works? Is it because reactives are not on gcd?
    Correct. Lets say that you hit your macro 5 times a second. That's 200ms between presses.
    Your GCD is about to come up, and you just procced a reactive. With reactives first, you're going to use a reactive, then use your spam skill ~200ms late. You can't get that time back. You're now 200ms "behind" on cast time. Repeat that enough times on a fight and it's like you just stood there doing nothing for a GCD or two. Will that be a massive DPS drop? No. Is it greater than 0? Definitely.

    This method can cause reactives to be pushed back occasionally by the same amount, but the clashing with your GCDs should be minimized.
    Pessimistick - <Esti Efiu> - Mage - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Esti Efiu> - Rogue - Guardian - Sunrest
    Uchimata - <Esti Efiu> - Cleric - Guardian - Sunrest
    Noppi - <Esti Efiu> - Warrior - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Spike Flail> - Ner'zhul

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple mambome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
    Correct. Lets say that you hit your macro 5 times a second. That's 200ms between presses.
    Your GCD is about to come up, and you just procced a reactive. With reactives first, you're going to use a reactive, then use your spam skill ~200ms late. You can't get that time back. You're now 200ms "behind" on cast time. Repeat that enough times on a fight and it's like you just stood there doing nothing for a GCD or two. Will that be a massive DPS drop? No. Is it greater than 0? Definitely.

    This method can cause reactives to be pushed back occasionally by the same amount, but the clashing with your GCDs should be minimized.
    Wouldn't the reactive's DPS more than make up for any lost cast time?

    EDIT: I play a reactive-macrod Bladedancer, and it's incredible. I am unfamiliar with Clerics, but I can't imagine instant casting abilities that are off the GCD REDUCING DPS.
    Last edited by mambome; 03-15-2011 at 03:12 PM.

  14. #14
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Yeah, for a BD (and Paladin), reactives should have the priority, since they are significant DPS increases over the spam GCD abilities. And since reactives have their own non-GCD, the longer you defer them, the less chances you have to use them in a fight of any duration.

  15. #15
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    14

    Default

    oh man, i tried the reactives to keen strike button using one of the macros here and it rocks

    so glad i made this thead and glad i stuck with bladedancer

    thanks everyone

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts