+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: bard 1 macro = 4 motif possible?

Soulwalker

Default bard 1 macro = 4 motif possible?

hello can i make one macro for sing 4 or 5 motif? thanks guys.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomejodas View Post
    Not in game, no. If they had cooldowns then yes.

Shield of Telara

It's not really possible as macros will end as soon as the first ability to trigger a GCD occurs. You can put reactives and cooldowns together. For example:

Cast Power Chord
    Cast Cadence

Is possible because it will cast Power Chord the first time you push the button and then Cadence the next time because Power Chord is on cooldown.

Cast Motif of Regeneration
    Cast Motif of Bravery

This one will only ever cast Motif of Regeneration because it never puts it on cooldown. And therefore, won't fall through to the next ability.
    Tsarin - Sunrest (PVP-RP) - Eth DPS Cleric (50) - Static

Telaran

I would actually play a bard if i didnt get tired of it after 1 day of having to press 4 friggin abilities every 30 seconds.. **** is ANNOYING.

Quote Originally Posted by Secured View Post
    I would actually play a bard if i didnt get tired of it after 1 day of having to press 4 friggin abilities every 30 seconds.. **** is ANNOYING.
    Yeah but I like getting invited to groups, so I press my 5 friggin abilities every 30 seconds. It also makes the group run much smoother with a bard.
    Last edited by Ninjahax; 03-15-2011 at 11:55 AM.

Various pieces of hardware can do it for you - Logitech keyboard, Razer/Belkin Nostromo, etc.

No different to you hitting the keys one after the other, but allows you to do it with a single keypress.

If you don't like having to keep up all your buffs, maybe Bard isn't the class for you. Why force yourself to play something you find to be a pain?

Quote Originally Posted by badalchemist View Post
    If you don't like having to keep up all your buffs, maybe Bard isn't the class for you. Why force yourself to play something you find to be a pain?
    It's a bad *** class that is an immense pain in the ***. Unless you're a glutton for punishment. Hello vanilla Paladins! Anyone recall the 15 minute blessings? Good ol' hearkening to the golden days.

Quote Originally Posted by Secured View Post
    As opposed to me having to rotate 2 finishers every 60 seconds, one finisher every 30 (or sooner based on incoming damage), two spammable CP builders, and AoE debuff for my maximum survivability? And then to make things even better, press reactives and CDs and other finishers that improve my play, my TPS, and my DPS.

I don't really get why people are hung up on the Motif thing when you press just as many buttons on other classes, sometimes just spammed over and over. What's the difference in riding your GCD as you press Fireball over and over? I suppose because the Motifs don't build off each other we can't make clever "think for us" macros like we can with say Bladedancer in alternating Keen/Quick/Precision as appropriate, but you aren't really doing anything other than hitting buttons in the end.

Perhaps because people look at them as purely buffs and not something you actively do like DPS or Tanking, but if you're acting as a force multiplier in a group/raid, and that's what Bards do best, I don't see the issue. If it bothers you that much, just don't play a Bard, no different than not playing a caster because you'd rather stab things.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomejodas View Post
    you can do it with a 3rd party keyboard i just tried it with my Nostromo SpeedPad n52 and i hit 1 button and 4 motifs casted only problem is i don't know if its against the TOS with rift i know it was with World of warcraft hell they sold a mouse that did it and it would get you banned.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Fasc View Post
    [...]I don't really get why people are hung up on the Motif thing when you press just as many buttons on other classes, sometimes just spammed over and over. What's the difference in riding your GCD as you press Fireball over and over? I suppose because the Motifs don't build off each other we can't make clever "think for us" macros like we can with say Bladedancer in alternating Keen/Quick/Precision as appropriate, but you aren't really doing anything other than hitting buttons in the end.[...]
    For me it's not so much having to ride the gcd. As you say everyone does that and should do that. What gets to me is that very often i find myself in situations where i need to refresh the motifs much earlier because i am expecting a damage spike/need to debuff/need to dps/need to cc/need to something else. And to prevent motifs from falling off, i'm spending extra time (which in essence is lost gcd time) to be able to react better.

An increase on the tier 1 bardic inspiration talent from 15 secs to 30 or 45 sec (ie total of 45 or 60 seconds) would vastly reduce motif cast redundancy and make me more useful. Not more powerful, but more able to react when i need to react rather than recasting early.
    Onde, mage dps / healing / support (Note: old signature)
    <Archetype>, Icewatch
    EE 2/5 | FT 4/4 | TotDQ 4/4 | 8/8 ID | 11/11 HK | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS | 4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | RotP 4/4 | PF 4/4 | PA 628

Vod

Quote Originally Posted by Sayaka View Post
    It's a bad *** class that is an immense pain in the ***. Unless you're a glutton for punishment. Hello vanilla Paladins! Anyone recall the 15 minute blessings? Good ol' hearkening to the golden days.
    Actually, I remember raiding on my paladin when the blessings were 5 minutes. 15 was a godsend.

EDIT:

The 5 min buffs were also single target... 40 players every 5 minutes, FUN TIMES.
    Last edited by Vod; 03-15-2011 at 07:03 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Onds View Post
    For me it's not so much having to ride the gcd. As you say everyone does that and should do that. What gets to me is that very often i find myself in situations where i need to refresh the motifs much earlier because i am expecting a damage spike/need to debuff/need to dps/need to cc/need to something else. And to prevent motifs from falling off, i'm spending extra time (which in essence is lost gcd time) to be able to react better.

An increase on the tier 1 bardic inspiration talent from 15 secs to 30 or 45 sec (ie total of 45 or 60 seconds) would vastly reduce motif cast redundancy and make me more useful. Not more powerful, but more able to react when i need to react rather than recasting early.
    I think this needing to choose between maintaining buffs and other actions (Healing/ccing,etc..) is the point of the 30 second duration. It helps keep bard from being played equally well by everyone.

Telaran

A Bard's job is support. Keeping up the motifs and other buffs/debuffs is your rotation just like a dps class going through their damage abilities is their rotation. Your job isn't just to hit your buffs and then spam Cadence for the fight.
    Last edited by Runtile; 03-15-2011 at 09:42 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Runtile View Post
    A Bard's job is support. Keeping up the motifs and other buffs/debuffs is your rotation just like a dps class going through their damage abilities is their rotation. Your job isn't just to hit your buffs and then spam Cadence for the fight.
    It is indeed the main role yes. But i am sure most main healers would disagree heavily with your play style if you told them "sorry, i can't help you with spikes or panic moments, i'm cycling motifs and debuffs".

Of course that is rather extreme, but i am sure you get my point.
    Onde, mage dps / healing / support (Note: old signature)
    <Archetype>, Icewatch
    EE 2/5 | FT 4/4 | TotDQ 4/4 | 8/8 ID | 11/11 HK | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS | 4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | RotP 4/4 | PF 4/4 | PA 628

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast