+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Must read -Dont make a melee rogue with 3 dps souls if you want to solo quests

Plane Walker

Default Must read -Dont make a melee rogue with 3 dps souls if you want to solo quests

For a melee dps( I am not talking about tank spec) rogue you MUST have bard or ranger in your build or you will be unable to solo quests sorry ive treid it im level 33 now, once you hit 30 mob damage just gets really bad. Im just saving you the frustration here please take my advice.
    Last edited by RedneckJedi; 03-15-2011 at 08:03 AM.

Telaran

I'm Sin/BD and I don't have any problems. I'm level 35.

Soulwalker

ummm, no you dont...i play either Sin/BD/RS or Sin/RS/NB and have solo'd all my quests thus far...just dinged lvl 42. its gravy train with no downtime using the BD heavy spec.

not sure what you are doing, but your post is complete fail!

Soulwalker

No problems here. Level 49 and still trucking through quests with massive ease. The only issue that ever comes up is the occasional elite that hits really hard.

Champion

did it fine, in fact I did have a pet untill 30ish then I dropped it and started killing things so much faster and never dropping below 60% hp

Telaran

I am 41 right now and have had no trouble with sin/nb/bd up to this point. What is your spec that is giving you trouble? What I did was go 0 into BD for a long time for the evasion, I am just now starting to build up the soul.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Ricdeau View Post
    No problems here. Level 49 and still trucking through quests with massive ease. The only issue that ever comes up is the occasional elite that hits really hard.
    thats because only a few elites are meant to be solo'd! doesnt matter if some souls can solo most elites there not made to be solo'd :P

As with others posting here, I have little trouble with my Assassin/Bladedancer/Riftstalker.
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Dasorine View Post
    thats because only a few elites are meant to be solo'd! doesnt matter if some souls can solo most elites there not made to be solo'd :P
    Oh I know, I was just saying that's the ONLY thing that gives me any trouble at all.

Plane Walker

Im sorry I dont care what you guys say ive done it mobs damage you way too much...I was main sin/nightblade/blade and ive tried all the other offensive soul combos....only thing that worked is putting bard in and I dont not like pets....
    Last edited by RedneckJedi; 03-15-2011 at 08:12 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by RedneckJedi View Post
    Im sorry I dont care what you guys say ive done it mobs damage you way too much...I was main sin/nightblade/blade and ive tried all the other offensive soul combos....only thing that worked is putting bard in and I dont not like pets....
    This seems to be a PEBKAC problem. Not many users run into this problem at all. Again, this is a PEBKAC issue.

Problem exists between keyboard and chair.
    Last edited by Bik; 03-15-2011 at 07:09 PM. Reason: removed extra spaces
    Zeratul - 50 Rank 6 Rogue/Zeratulz 4x Mage - Seastone Defiant - Rift

DAOC - WoW - AoC - WAR - Aion
    Zeratul/Zeratulz/Zeratuls

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by RedneckJedi View Post
    I have had the same build as you since I first started this game. I don't understand how you are having issues. Are you fighting orange con? Even then I can still kill them without my evasion.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by liquid741 View Post
    ummm, no you dont...i play either Sin/BD/RS or Sin/RS/NB and have solo'd all my quests thus far...just dinged lvl 42. its gravy train with no downtime using the BD heavy spec.

not sure what you are doing, but your post is complete fail!
    rs is a tanking soul and I specifically said I am not talking about tanking souls...

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Divino View Post
    I have had the same build as you since I first started this game. I don't understand how you are having issues. Are you fighting orange con? Even then I can still kill them without my evasion.
    whats your build then? and I am not fighting orange mobs either...
    Last edited by RedneckJedi; 03-15-2011 at 08:16 AM.

Soulwalker

I'm level 49 at the moment,

In my initial levels, being a bard/ranger was great and soloing was a breeze. The pet remained functional until about level 34ish, when the pet capped at 30.

I switched builds to Nightblade/Riftstalker, but I'm sure this would work for any other /riftstalker build, as the important 13 points in riftstalker are the ones that get you rift scavenger, taking any leftover combo points on a mob and healing you when they die.

Yes the game became more difficult in the mid 30s, but 13 points in riftstalker willl help a lot with any melee soul.

If you continue to have trouble defeating mobs of your level you may possibly have outlevelled the gear you're wearing. Assuming the basics like spamming a combo point generator to 5 points and using a finisher.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast