+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Assasin PVP Thread

Default Assasin PVP Thread

Hello there, I was wanting to start a threat specificly for assasin pvp. I see lots of spread out threads but thats such a pain to look through. I Just starrted playin assasin Soul at lvl 45, was lookin for builds n theory's and strats basicly just random info. So feel free to post anything that would be helpfull, and please no dumb crap!

This is my current build.... http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...RctobodbR.VG0b

Now i'm unsure about remaining pts and weather Riftstalker was right choice. Was going to finish out getting rift scavanger, and get 14 points for the shadowstalk ability. but i'm thinkin that i might drop the self healing and get more HP and Ruthless Stalker instead ( 15% damage after shifting). Or dropping rift stalker al together for say... bladedancer? Or i've thought bout goin deeper into assasin for poisons and wathaveyou.
    Last edited by IshmaelEmberstorm; 03-15-2011 at 07:56 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by IshmaelEmberstorm View Post
    Hello there, I was wanting to start a threat specificly for assasin pvp. I see lots of spread out threads but thats such a pain to look through. I Just starrted playin assasin Soul at lvl 45, was lookin for builds n theory's and strats basicly just random info. So feel free to post anything that would be helpfull, and please no dumb crap!

This is my current build.... http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...RctobodbR.VG0b

Now i'm unsure about remaining pts and weather Riftstalker was right choice. Was going to finish out getting rift scavanger, and get 14 points for the shadowstalk ability. but i'm thinkin that i might drop the self healing and get more HP and Ruthless Stalker instead ( 15% damage after shifting). Or dropping rift stalker al together for say... bladedancer? Or i've thought bout goin deeper into assasin for poisons and wathaveyou.
    Couple of things...
    1) Silent Footstep allows you to get into position for your attacks. Without it you might as well spec NB.
    2) YOu are specing you Sin for Crit but you haven't picked up 15% crit from Ruthless Stalker in the RS tree.
    3) Boosted Recovery and Rift Scavanger are useless in PvP.
    4) Stalker Pahse gives you 15% dmg boost.
    5) The points you spent in NB are better put into infiltrator
    6) You build has 0 defense except Slip Away which is not necessarily a problem; however, I would recommend upping your Endurance (hit points).

Soulwalker

This is the build I'm going with: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...z..MAoftobodbR

You may want to get rid of backstab for pvp since it is barely used and you can exchange sabo for infiltrator. I'm only level 32 and haven't gone up much in the Riftstalker tree but everything is going well so far.

Oh and I don't take credit for that build. I found it on the forums and I forget who had posted it.
    Last edited by Mattafaka; 03-15-2011 at 10:06 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Mattafaka View Post
    This is the build I'm going with: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...z..MAoftobodbR

You may want to get rid of backstab for pvp since it is barely used and you can exchange sabo for infiltrator. I'm only level 32 and haven't gone up much in the Riftstalker tree but everything is going well so far.

Oh and I don't take credit for that build. I found it on the forums and I forget who had posted it.
    Thats very close to my build. good to know that at 50 its still a solid build.

Soulwalker

Why are most builds I see avoiding the poison talents: Poison Potency and Poison Mastery?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Cruxio View Post
    Why are most builds I see avoiding the poison talents: Poison Potency and Poison Mastery?
    Points could be better spent elsewhere.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...ftkb0d0M.V0xsz

The above is my build. It aims at giving you the most amount of passive damage buffs as possible whilst being able to hit as many people around you at once as possible.

My main skills i use are: Twin Strikes (I do damage to a second enemy with my offhand weapon), Guarded Steel (This tends to be my first finisher that i use, only reason is for the 30% Armor Bonus) after i have gotten the Armor Bonus i will spam Twin Strikes again and then cast Compound Attack as my main finisher, dispite it being only 70% effective on 3 people it still hits hard. If im fighting in a group of people i will cast Poison Malice and Side Steps (Strike Back makes this more of an offensive skill now and increases my DPS).

My action bar consists of: Twin Strikes, Compound Attack, Guarded Steel, Malicious Strike, Stealth, Poison Malice, Side Steps, Maim, Expose Weakness and my poisons and buffs. I do have more on my action bar but im not in-game at the moment and most of that was off the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Nfrad View Post
    Couple of things...
    1) Silent Footstep allows you to get into position for your attacks. Without it you might as well spec NB.
    2) YOu are specing you Sin for Crit but you haven't picked up 15% crit from Ruthless Stalker in the RS tree.
    3) Boosted Recovery and Rift Scavanger are useless in PvP.
    4) Stalker Pahse gives you 15% dmg boost.
    5) The points you spent in NB are better put into infiltrator
    6) You build has 0 defense except Slip Away which is not necessarily a problem; however, I would recommend upping your Endurance (hit points).
    thanks for the info, see all this makes sense. It was just a build i tossed together to start testing stuff out. After playing a bit yea heal is usless in pvp, and i got no D. Should i try for a lill D or just plan on Slip away? Also i have been thinking to drop riftstalker for bladedancer? that a bad idea? as far as the pvp soul, i dont have enough rep to use only the first teir so i'm holding off till i can unlock a few tiers. Had thoguth about sabo for snare n stun n dex, but i dont want **** tons of key's n i know how many spells sabs have i play sab for warfronts...

i lie the build, but w/o haveing the 10 pts in nightblade dont u loose allot of damage?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by IshmaelEmberstorm View Post
    i lie the build, but w/o haveing the 10 pts in nightblade dont u loose allot of damage?
    PvP isn't all about damage. You get plenty damage from the 34 points spent in assasin. Without defensive abilities, you're as good as dead. Who cares if you can put forth a **** ton of dps if you can't stay alive to do it? Riftstalker helps with the defensive skills and also has some good damage increases.

Rift Chaser

ermm backstab is good in pvp. i barely use savage strike.

what do u guys think of this assassin build.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...dobodbR.V0xcbo

features
    -3 blinks- 15% crit + 15 damage after blinking
    -80% damage reduction for 8 seconds on 2 min cd
    -fast cp
    -good stealth
    -ranged slow and ranged DOT-> can build cp at range
    Last edited by bishbosh; 03-15-2011 at 05:50 PM.

PvP isn't all about damage. You get plenty damage from the 34 points spent in assasin. Without defensive abilities, you're as good as dead. Who cares if you can put forth a **** ton of dps if you can't stay alive to do it? Riftstalker helps with the defensive skills and also has some good damage increases.
    But why would you stay alive and actually have not the needed dps to bring down your target or lets say an healing target like a cleric, because lets make things clear you wont kill any of em as sin/rs if they have half a brain.

Assassins are about killing faster, and dying even faster. Atm tough its only the second part.
    Last edited by Atreiu; 03-15-2011 at 05:54 PM.

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

Yes i understand its not all about Damage, but being a sin survivability is knowing when to disapear n try again. We're dirty fighters not warriors. The RS tree looks very tempting. But not being 50 yet (46) this is wat i'm rollin wit atm... and no i dont have the prestige to go Infiltrator yet, so im not even thinking about that atm.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...ftkbodbR.Vcbco

and yes i do like backstab in pvp, after i apply my dots (depending on class) i run outa range shift back in via Shadowstalk n backstab, not to mention runners or ne chance i get i'm backstabbin

Shadowlander

Here's a question for experienced assassins. My friend and I are rolling a duo of assassins for open world combat. I'm looking at an Assassin/Riftstalker with NB (8 points for Lost Hope - two incapacitates is useful sometimes I think). I've built up around opening with the typical Jagged (traited for 3 combo points) / Puncture / Impale trio to get the full Impale. My question is, if my friend also builds around his bleeds, will both our Jagged/Puncture/Impale bleeds stack on the opposing player at the same time and burn them down quickly or is redundancy going to make two sins a poor duo?

This is the Build i'm messin with atm. I know i loose the big 15% finisher bonus from NB. Personaly i enjoy haveing the extra stun, blade tempo, flash of steel, weapon barage, sprint, and contra tempo. Those skills just FEEL like they should be part of a pvp build. I still have trouble with clerics... depending on my luck with crits. But its pretty fun to play world pvp!

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...dbR.g0dVzsMR0z

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast