+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NB/Rift/x?

Shadowlander

Default NB/Rift/x?

I need a little help. I'm looking to change from my bard to something more melee oriented now that I'm in my 30s. I tried assassin, which is nice, but for some reason NB appeals more to me. Maybe I'm burned out on the traditional assassin-like role. I'm aware bladedancer would be a good solo PvE combination, but I'm trying to put together a good build using NB/rift (at least for scavenger, but plane shifting is fun)/xx. I'm trying to make this solo PvE viable, and also able to do dungeons as DPS when I'm not barding.

Please help.

Shadowlander

To be a tad more specific, what skills/abilities are must haves in the Nb soul? I'm trying to figure out how many points minimum are needed in the soul.

Telaran

well ive gone heavy NB with a mix of Ranger/Bard

If youve gone Riftstalker, then that replaces my Bard for healing abilities so maybe try out the Ranger for Pet aggro (protection against a weak leather Rogue) and go really heavy into NB. That way you wont get attacked much directly, has pretty decent DPS and has literally no down time whatsoever as you hardly ever get hit, and when you do, you have healing options available.

Im downing mobs using Motiffs/ Fiery Strike x 2, Primal Strike, Dusk Strike (5cp), Blazing Strike

Better still use Scourge of Darkness after Dusk Strike then repeat.

Shadowlander

On my 50 rogue I love Nightblade. My spec is currently 51 Nightblade/15 Bladedancer/0 Riftstalker while I see where you're comming from with the planeshifting being fun (I have a 34 Saboteur/32 Riftstalker Spec mainly that I use for PvP, but it's fun for PvE).

I used this Nightblade spec to level as well. Maxing out Nightblade every level, and putting sub-points in BD, but you could put them in Riftstalker.

IMO, the 51 point ability in NB is well worth it. It takes mobs my level down to half, and nearly 1 shots players in combination with Dusk to Dawn.

TBH, Nightblade is a spec that isn't really buffed by the other specs, however, you could go Nightblade/Riftstalker/Bladedancer. That would give you the Nightblade damage/playstyle and the Riftstalker porting. No points are necessary in BD, but it gives 50% dodge on activation.

Shadowlander

Although the plane shifting is fun, I'm more into riftstalker for the self healing from rift scavenger. I despise downtime ><.

Shadowlander

Default my experience

I play nb/ bd/ rift (0 point). In pve, bladedancer gives you some more melee survivability with points and abilities built around avoiding damage and reprisal so you can do something during the GCD and get more combo points. However, if you focus on the defensive side, when you go into a dungeon you'll feel like you're not using your points to the fullest which isn't a problem if you have another role available. It's not the best pvp spec, but I enjoy playing it since it feels like I earn my kills. Once I got over the whole teleportation is fun side of rift, I took my secondary points out and stashed them in bladedancer and haven't looked back.

Shadowlander

Default the problem is

The only problem with the nb/bd/rift (0 point) is that you'll be drinking infrequently. Honestly though, having experience with older mmos, three seconds of downtime is not downtime.

Telaran

Try this build:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...xM0oLoo.VcbI0o

Your first finisher should be Scourge of Darkness, then Spam Primal Strike till MOB is dead. You can build your combos any way you like. I like to use Dark Malady as an opener, then plane shift with Shadow Assault and use Dusk Strike.

Edit: Take note that Scourge of Darkness is good for 10 hits and can be finished on the next MOB if you don't use em all.
    Last edited by Zackary; 03-15-2011 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Added Info

Shadowlander

Thanks Zack. That's the direction I was hoping to head in.

+ Reply to Thread