+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Issue with my Energy with my Sin, Help Please

Default Issue with my Energy with my Sin, Help Please

I am lvl 39 at the moment using Riftstalker/Blade Dancer/Assassin. I seem to run out of Energy all the time in my fights.
    Is there anything I can do to help this?
    What rotation should I use?
    What am I doing wrong?

Running out of energy is unavoidable. However, when I was around 39 I was killing things in ~10 seconds or less anyways so I wasn't out of energy for very long before they died. I'm not trying to brag. Maybe it's your rotation. For most mobs I would open with jagged strike, puncture, and then impale. They would bleed down pretty fast.

Champion

energy will generally always be an issue, only things you can really do is slow down your attacks slightly, use stuff like those rift consumables that give slight boost to energy recovery or team with a bard/chloro.

Bear in mind also that malicious strike only takes 20 energy rather than 30, its low enough that if you spam it as fast as possible your energy will slowly go up, granted its low damage but if your finding you hate running out of energy its a good option now and then.

What rotation do you guys suggest?

Quote Originally Posted by Caysym View Post
    What rotation do you guys suggest?
    Jagged strike, puncture, impale. If you're specced into Riftstalker for heals then after you put up this rotation build combo points and just spam savage strike until it dies. You'll get healed for a third of your health at 5cp.

Champion

I tend to do jagged, puncture, backstab/savage strike, impale then savage back to 5 points before they kick the bucket from the massive bleeds so I can get heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasorine View Post
    I tend to do jagged, puncture, backstab/savage strike, impale then savage back to 5 points before they kick the bucket from the massive bleeds so I can get heals.
    Yup, exactly. However once you get points into Subterfuge your jagged plus puncture will already get you to 5cp so a backstab/savage strike before impale won't be necessary.

Champion

I didn't put points into subterfuge put em else where to help with damage for the rest of the fight/s

Thanks for the input, I will give it a try tonight on some Guardians.

Rift Disciple

I'm Sin/NB/BD and i use this rotation.........

Stealth - Expose weakness - jagged strike - puncture - impale - foul play - malicious strike - ebon fury - dusk strike - dusk strike - dusk strike - final blow - slip away - expose weakness - jagged strike - puncture - impale....

I may stick a side steps/poison malice in there if required - also may use foul play later if fighting a healer but all situational. But we all suffer from low energy at some point, but ebon fury lets you whack with a few dusk strikes at 50% energy cost.
    Last edited by Demvaril; 03-15-2011 at 07:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Demvaril View Post
    I'm Sin/NB/BD and i use this rotation.........

Stealth - Expose weakness - jagged strike - puncture - impale - foul play - malicious strike - ebon fury - dusk strike - dusk strike - dusk strike - final blow - slip away - expose weakness - jagged strike - puncture - impale....
    Slip away resets combat, healing the mob to full. And what are you killing that has so much health?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahax View Post
    Slip away resets combat, healing the mob to full. And what are you killing that has so much health?
    My apologies that was pvp rotation. I wouldn't slip away in pve unless i was in danger of dying.

To clarify my PvE rotation is Stealth - expose weakness - jagged strike - puncture - impale - dusk strike - savage x3 - final blow --- usually does the trick. Foul play used if i feel the need.

+ Reply to Thread