+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Damage type of the Bard

Soulwalker

Default Damage type of the Bard

Hey folks,

I looked around and maybe I am blind, but I wasn't able to find an answer to my question(s).

1) What damage type is the Bard doing?
    2) What Stat should the Bard focus on?

Thanks in advance!

Shield of Telara

Bard damage is life damage. It can be resisted but cannot be parried, dodged or blocked.

The only thing that will effect your damage is AP and weapon damage.
    We gain AP at the rate of .5 per Dex or Strength just like all other rogues.
    Last edited by Relanex; 03-15-2011 at 05:49 AM.
    Tsarin - Sunrest (PVP-RP) - Eth DPS Cleric (50) - Static

Quote Originally Posted by Relanex View Post
    Bard damage is life damage. It can be resisted but cannot be parried, dodged or blocked.
    Good to note that it CAN miss, and since cadance is so expensive hit is important.

Shield of Telara

Oh, yeah, hence the reason for my bladedancer (5) in my current build.
    Tsarin - Sunrest (PVP-RP) - Eth DPS Cleric (50) - Static

Shadowlander

cadence is non physical damage so nightblades unnatural state effects it, ive got a 51 bard 8 nightblade for +15% combo builder damage ie cadence, +9% unnatural state ie cadence, and 7 riftstalker with +15% attackpower ie cadence and 2 pts in a bit of extra heal on myself, this is a pve dungeon build btw, as it has almost no defence but a really good hard hitting/healing cadence. 8 nightblade also gives lost hope which is good in dungeons for sapping the adds.

You're a lot better off stacking crit as a bard than going after AP. All of the bard abilities scale horribly with AP.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by MajorDisaster View Post
    cadence is non physical damage so nightblades unnatural state effects it, ive got a 51 bard 8 nightblade for +15% combo builder damage ie cadence, +9% unnatural state ie cadence, and 7 riftstalker with +15% attackpower ie cadence and 2 pts in a bit of extra heal on myself, this is a pve dungeon build btw, as it has almost no defence but a really good hard hitting/healing cadence. 8 nightblade also gives lost hope which is good in dungeons for sapping the adds.
    I run the same build (except with my other 2 points in RS in the endurance talent), but I wouldn't say it has "almost no defense"; I have 6.5k health group buffed, whereas the Clerics/Mages have 5.4k, and the DPS Warrior has 6.3k.

Sometimes I want to go Sab instead of RS for more Dex, but I appreciate Shadow Step and more HP as a healing class. It's pretty beefy!

You're a lot better off stacking crit as a bard than going after AP. All of the bard abilities scale horribly with AP.
    Yeah. AP is horrible. Dex is your best bet for Runes but try to get all the gear with crit that you can after you get your 50/100/200 Hit for whatever you're doing.
    Last edited by pinchz; 03-15-2011 at 08:54 AM.
    Pinch - 50 Rogue - Wolfsbane

Soulwalker

Thank you very much

+ Reply to Thread