+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Slip Away (need dev response)

  1. #1
    Plane Walker Anesthetics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    380

    Default Slip Away (need dev response)

    This has been brought up over and over in Alpha, and Beta. Slip Away fails to work half the time. It will put you into stealth, and immediately take you out if you are engaged in combat or any kind. The only time slip away works, is if nothing is going on. Is Trion aware of this? Is it working as intended? I would have to say that Vanish in WoW works better then Slip Away, and this should be a major insult to any game designer working for Trion.

    I believe the problem is, the stealth aspect of the skill goes off before the immunity aspect. Thus, if there is damage, you get de-stealthed.

    This is a very irritating mechanic and needs to be fixed. I would like a reliable 31 point talent.
    Deliciousness of Addiction
    Rift Beta 5 PVP compilation by Anesthetics

  2. #2
    Prophet of Telara Kaladai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Granada
    Posts
    909

    Default

    Never happened to me (lvl 45 currently).
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

  3. #3
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    41

    Default

    I'm pretty sure that adding (need dev response) to a thread topic is a way to guarantee the opposite. Create a ticket in game and you have done what you can do.

  4. #4
    Soulwalker salavex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default

    i think its because when you vanish stealth mechanics are in play instantly hence if you are right infront of the mob you get hammered out of stealth again. i would propose they buff the skill and give it its own improved stealth component to fix it.

  5. #5
    Plane Walker MadGelo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anesthetics View Post
    This has been brought up over and over in Alpha, and Beta. Slip Away fails to work half the time. It will put you into stealth, and immediately take you out if you are engaged in combat or any kind. The only time slip away works, is if nothing is going on. Is Trion aware of this? Is it working as intended? I would have to say that Vanish in WoW works better then Slip Away, and this should be a major insult to any game designer working for Trion.

    I believe the problem is, the stealth aspect of the skill goes off before the immunity aspect. Thus, if there is damage, you get de-stealthed.

    This is a very irritating mechanic and needs to be fixed. I would like a reliable 31 point talent.
    there are many stealth bugs atm ...and all are negative ones..
    *******************************
    Adapt or Die
    *******************************

  6. #6
    Plane Walker Anesthetics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by salavex View Post
    i think its because when you vanish stealth mechanics are in play instantly hence if you are right infront of the mob you get hammered out of stealth again. i would propose they buff the skill and give it its own improved stealth component to fix it.
    Naw, even on Greenscale, when there isn't any AOE going around, I'm standing behind him and I pop Slip Away, and it instantly fails. Actually, almost every encounter, I've lost Slip Away on. PVP its actually not as bad.
    Last edited by Anesthetics; 03-15-2011 at 04:41 AM.
    Deliciousness of Addiction
    Rift Beta 5 PVP compilation by Anesthetics

  7. #7
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    66

    Default

    What? Never had any problem with Slip Away, use it all the time at WFs and the problem you're describing never ever happened. lol Only got out of stealth after the 3s immunity because I had some DoTs, but that is intended.

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple Ellandess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    122

    Default

    OP is right. It worked 95% of the time for me.

    The 'Non-Slip Away' and the accompanying bug of even though you're standing right behind the target, the screen keeps flashing no line of sight killed it for me.

    Rift n. r-ift (pl. rifts) A 'rift' is what opens up between you and your wife when the game is live.

    PC Black :: CPU Yes :: GPU Two thingies :: SOUND Pretty good :: OVERCLOCK A nice mirror :: WINDOWS 14, all double glazed

  9. #9
    Plane Walker RJTravis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    440

    Default

    Temp fix is to target your self b4 slip away.

    Auto attack is pulling you out of stealth.

    If you slip away & a auto atk gos off you instantly un stealth for atking the target

  10. #10
    Plane Walker Anesthetics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RJTravis View Post
    Temp fix is to target your self b4 slip away.

    Auto attack is pulling you out of stealth.

    If you slip away & a auto atk gos off you instantly un stealth for atking the target
    Indeed, I should most likely macro, Slip Away and stop casting. But, should I thought? It should be in the skill code.....
    Last edited by Anesthetics; 03-15-2011 at 07:22 AM.
    Deliciousness of Addiction
    Rift Beta 5 PVP compilation by Anesthetics

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts