+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question on NB Heat Retention skill

Default Question on NB Heat Retention skill

So I have been playing with. http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...o.VhxMhMx.VV0V

I know its a bit odd, and some wasted pts.

but. I was looking at the "Heat Retention" skill that the Nite Blade offers. mostly where the finisher deals 30% more damage. using ranger as my base and trying to boost the damage of Head shot.

I do enjoy the ranger tree, up to a point. Just wondering if anyone has attempted a soul combo like what i posted and what their comments would be.

I have not tested it, in game yet, im at work, but it seems interesting.

thoughts?
    Drive it like u stole it

I have not played this yet but looking at your build I doubt I could just eat those 2 points on lingering flame. I would rather take back those 7 points spec into MM a lil and get 25% chance for air damage on attack and perma 20% armor penetration finish out double shot 5/5. That being said It might work as is it just feels weird wasting points in a build.

Rift Disciple

Here try this one: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...VhtMhoxoo.0VMz

It's my DPS spec with pet.. still in the process of fine tuning it.

Soulwalker

and here is my dps ranger/NB spec .

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0os0Vz.VztMhog

it's missing one point which I'm not sure how to use ( most likely on enhanced weapon enchantments ). Tested and good dps but poor def ( you need endurance and armor to survive 1 vs 3 )
    Last edited by Intruder7s; 04-06-2011 at 04:58 AM.

i dont see why heat ret 5 makes any sense as long as you use only 4 skills or less to get 5 combo points? (2 cb skills, opportunity etc.)

get it down to 3 or 4 so you have the advantage from it every second finisher.

Telaran

My $0.02:

Heat Retention by itself is a great buy for extra damage unless you're using all physical attacks AND using finishers designed for something other than damage. This does not seem to describe you, so Heat Retention is an excellent way to spend five points. I wouldn't worry too much about how many attacks are in your chain; it will make a difference in what you get out of Heat Retention, but the difference is small over time.

The questions you have to ask are:
    1. Are the points you spend in NB getting there all worth it? The answer is usually YES when you're talking about NB, but heat retention is very high on the tree.
    2. Could you invest those points into Ranger or another soul to get more damage? Seven to seventeen points in assassin can work wonders, even if you have to dump a few on non-ranged skills. Your investment in NB will give you some very nice, if situational abilities. I think the biggest question is whether further investment in Ranger will give you more in the form of boosting your pet, escape artist, etc.

+ Reply to Thread