+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Level 21 Sin questions for PvE.

Soulwalker

Default Level 21 Sin questions for PvE.

Hi all.

My Sin is now lvl 20 soon to reach lvl 21 for perm stealth. Need some help here.
    This is for soloing / leveling.

1. Whats a good build for a 21 Sin?

2. Which finisher, Final Blow or Baneful Touch?

3. Leeching & Lethal Poison. Does it matter which poison i click first?

Thanks.

Soulwalker

Bump
    Bump

Champion

1. Depends entirely, I was personally 21sin/xrs/0ranger myself dropped ranger at about 35 for another 0 soul.

2. Baneful first, then finishing unless buff goes down.

3. Only difference clicking 1 first does is makes it the first one to turn off when you click a different poison.
    Last edited by Dasorine; 03-15-2011 at 02:17 AM.

Sid
    Plane Touched

Talking

For PvE i used the following until lvl 30
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MNMi..hAobzos.V0o

You're pet is your personal tank. send him in, position behind the enemy and have your way with him.

You'll drop majority if the mobs with your first Final Blow, no need to use Baneful Touch unless you're fighting an elite mob that actually takes more than 5 seconds to kill.

@21 put a point in Improved Stealth & Coup De Grace
    22+ max out Subterfuge & Magnify Pain then drop a point in Murderous Intent.

@27 you'll want something like this
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MNMi..hAkbzof0db.V0L

Once you hit 30, solo is a whole different ball game because you won't have a pet tank. That's where the fun really begins
    Last edited by Sid; 03-15-2011 at 04:15 AM.
    HW: DD Water Box | i7 920 D0 @ 4.1GHz 1.294v | EVGA x58 SLI LE | OCZ 6GB DDR3 1600 | HD 6870 CrossFireX 980/1150 | 9800GT Eco Hybrid Physx | Vertex 2 SSD | Ultra X-3 1,000w psu | Win7 x64

WC: Apogee XT WB | EK-FC6870 x2 | Black Ice Xtreme II D12SH-12 pull | MCP355 XSPC Acetal Top | PrimoFlex Pro LRT 1/2" x 3/4" | Fluid XP Phantom Black

Champion

baneful touch isn't a great deal lower damage than finishing but will give you a buff that will help for fights afterwards as well.

Shadowlander

1. Been researching this myself recently. There are two play styles I have been messing with.

Style 1: Stealther, CC, Burst damage, item farmer. Good for controlling adds, and sneaking past mobs for quest/craft items. This was really fun in The Iron Fortress where I was able to stealth around, target mobs I needed, and grab items.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MiMp.M.MAofzob0z.V

Basically sneak up, Open with Paralyzing Strike, Backstab, Puncture / Savage Strike, Finisher of Choice. If there is a possible add you can Incapacitate it. Incapacitate works great for gathering quest items and crafting mats without going into combat.

Style 2: Mobile Killer / Fast Recovery. This is a popular build for killing things quick with no little to downtime. Focus is on fast damage and regeneration. Little to no stealthing/CC.

Full spec description here:
    http://www.riftjunkies.com/forums/sh...ker-Nightblade

Both are great fun. Good luck.

Sid
    Plane Touched

Also, a few other tips

Use Primal Strike instead of Savage Strike, unless you invest points in Improved Savage Strike because Primal Strike hits harder.

Always use an opener from stealth when possible for the bonuses from cloak and dagger.

Blinding powder is your best friend for adds. (see macros below)

Set up these macros to make your life easier.

Macro #1
    #show Back Stab
    cast Back Stab
    cast Primal Strike
    cast Quick Shot

Here's what this macro does:
    -what ever skill you put after #show will display that ability as the icon, feel free to put what ever you want there.
    -The macro will attempt to backstab the enemy, if you aren't in position for a backstab it will then execute primal strike, if you aren't in melee range at all it will fire quick shot. Quick shot is totally optional but it's really nice if your enemy is hitting you from range because you can build a couple combo points while closing in.
    -You can do the same thing with Final Blow and Head Shot to get off a finisher from ranged and continue to build combo points while on the run.

Macro #2
    #show Blinding Powder
    cast @mouseover Blinding Powder

-This will allow you to hover over a mob with your mouse and use the blinding powder skill with out actually changing your target! Be sure to turn off smart target because it will attack the closest mob and sometimes it will target and hit the mob you just Blinded.

Hope this helps
    HW: DD Water Box | i7 920 D0 @ 4.1GHz 1.294v | EVGA x58 SLI LE | OCZ 6GB DDR3 1600 | HD 6870 CrossFireX 980/1150 | 9800GT Eco Hybrid Physx | Vertex 2 SSD | Ultra X-3 1,000w psu | Win7 x64

WC: Apogee XT WB | EK-FC6870 x2 | Black Ice Xtreme II D12SH-12 pull | MCP355 XSPC Acetal Top | PrimoFlex Pro LRT 1/2" x 3/4" | Fluid XP Phantom Black

+ Reply to Thread